Not Engaged Yet

Hump Day

Good morning, lovelies! We're halfway there! 

Last night when I got home from work, I made dinner which consisted of taking frozen chicken breast, tossing it in my Instant Pot with lemon juice, garlic, oregano, and water and 20 minutes later I had juicy, flavorful chicken! I sliced it and put it over arugula with fresh cherry tomatoes from my garden and feta and made a lemon vinaigrette. It was delish and so easy! Seriously in LOVE with my IP. 

I read in bed for a while before going to sleep. I'm on the 2nd to last book in the Will Trent series and I'm going to be heartbroken when I finish.

Tonight, I have an eyebrow appointment and I think dinner is going to be steak on the grill and I'm going to do something with cauliflower rice for a side. I'd like to go for a bike ride because I haven't actually ridden a bike in ages so I could use the practice. I also need to get a bike lock so I can start riding to the train instead of driving everyday. 

I'm ready for 5pm! 

Re: Hump Day

• @PamBeesly524 Poor Crindy! I'm glad she seems okay with the gel and I hope that works for her to help her! So cute about shower peaking! Tessie does it too, but I'm sure a little kitty peak is adorable!!
    friends tv show funy
  • @LizzyTish88 - Aww puppies! What tests are you having done?

@PamBeesly524 - Poor kitten! I was thinking a while ago that Brody actually had herpes based on the fact that his eyes and nose are always disgusting so I did some research and read that lysine can help and THESE were recommended. He likes them but I no longer think it's herpes and more he's just a dirty cat. 

• @Swazzle I have to have an upper GI done. I have really bad acid, and they are trying to figure out why. They plan to do a barium swallow, but the lady said that they can go anywhere from 1-6 hours. I have had one done before and it was about an hour so hopefully this one is the same! 
    friends tv show funy
  • @Swazzle actually that maple stuff the vet gave us is lysine! H got the chews from them last time he was there but she won't eat them.. the maple stuff seems to be the way to go. I think even if she doesn't have herpes the added nutrients won't hurt her - she still only weighs 5lbs.
  • @beachyone15 Love days that work out that way! I'm hoping my day tomorrow looks like that!

@500days You would think with it being restaurant week things would be better!

@speakeasy14 I love the simplicity of a date night! Have so much fun!
    friends tv show funy
  • @LizzyTish88 - Good luck! 

@beachyone15 - So jealous of your early day yesterday! I love getting all the cleaning out of the way during the week so I don't have to do it over the weekend. 

@500days - Not picky at all. I hate when that happens so much. 

@speakeasy14 - Your date night sounds awesome! 

• @beachyone15 yay for new windows!

@500days little stuff like that bothers me too.. we've been having awful service at restaurants lately, mostly people clearing our plates and then waiting 30 minutes to bring us a check, stuff like that. I honestly can't remember the last time we went out and had a great waiter, it sucks.

@speakeasy14 aww, yay mini golf!

• @Swazzle your dinners always sound delish!

@LizzyTish88  puppers party!! :smiley:

@PamBeesly524  Poor Crindy! We had a cat that would sneak into the bathroom and stare while in the shower. Scare the bejesus outta you when you turn around to see him staring.

@beachyone15  whoo free day off ;)

@500days  whew busy morning!

@speakeasy14  I love when people do something funky on their stairs :)

Since it's going to be hot again soon, I did a bunch of cleaning last night. I don't know why, but I'm so behind on laundry it's crazy! On the weekend, I cleaned the floors and I had the cloth hanging on my dish rack to dry before throwing into laundry, I grabbed it and an earwig was hiding underneath! Urg ... I am not a fan of bugs at all! I sent that jerk down the drain and after dishes I dropped some cleaning product down to be sure he wouldn't return. *shudders*

Tonight we're swinging by Matt's parents place. They're getting him a jersey with his choice of football player name on it. He decided, so we're bringing it. Plus his cousin made a registry at Babies R Us, and we're going to split with his parents for something a little pricier since a lot of things aren't cheap. I'm not sure she's having a baby shower because they're moving to British Columbia at the end of August and she's due in November, and I think everything is actually set to be sent to the location she's going to be living in.

Anyways .... that's about it. Not much else happening.
  • @500days the menu should have been the same as online, that would have bothered me too.  And you should never had to ask for silverware.  I get that it's restaurant week, so they're crazy busy, but still no reason for bad service. 
  • @500days IRL my H and I would totally agree with you! It drives us totally bonkers, but we aren't the type of people to complain either so we usually just suck it up. 

If it's a really nice place, we sometimes feel like servers aren't giving us their best service because they think we're young and won't tip well (we look younger than we are). H and I are excellent tippers when service is good. So when they do a bad job, I always say we should tip less but then I feel like we are proving their stereotype!
  • @AlPacina - You won't be disappointed if you get one! I wish it was still on sale on Amazon because everyone I rave over it to (aka everyone I know because I can't shut up about it) wants it now also. I LOVE puzzles. Sadly, puzzles + (my) cats just aren't a good combo unless I'm ok with getting to the end and discovered 49 pieces are missing (I am not ok with that). 

• @AlPacina  lmao! He follows CFL, not as huge as NFL so it's understandable ;) Don't feel dumb!
  • @swazzle - Well, my birthday is less than 2 months away. I guess I could start mentioning around that I'd love to have one someday. ;)

@MissKittyDanger - I felt like you guys must have your own league. I just legitimately have never ever met a CFL fan. Most of the Canadians I know just seem to talk about hockey, haha.

• @AlPacina I don't mind telling you about it. I will try to be brief! I had constant acid for a while and I also had sharp shooting pains in my chest, between my boobs. I was also waking up in the middle of the night and coughing/throwing up.

I was tested for a gluten allergy and also crohns, and both came back negative, but I did test positive for H-Pylori. I went on antibiotics for that, and that helped a little. I got tested for it again and the H-Pylori was negative, but I did have a different bacteria so I had to do antibiotics again, and get put on an acid regiment. I also got an upper GI and they said I have a hiatal hernia, but it was small so my Dr. didn't want to do anything for it. 

Then I went to the ER in the middle of the night because I had a gallbladder attack. I got my gallbladder a few days later. I was still having issues, but it was my body getting used to not having a GB, or so I thought. 

I still have acid, and sometimes chest pains. I'm going for another GI test because my new Gastro thinks that the hiatal hernia got worse, and I might have to have surgery to fix it. I also have to get tested for H-Pylori again to make sure it's not back. 

And that's probably more than any of you need to know about my tummy troubles lol. 
    friends tv show funy
  • @LizzyTish88 - Holy crap! That's a lot of stuff to go through! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you don't need hernia surgery! Do you sleep on one of those angled pillows that make you sit up more? A friend of mine had trouble while he was sleeping and that's helped him a ton........ Those heartburn chest pains suuuuuuuuck. I feel for you, lady. Hopefully they're able to help you!

• @LizzyTish88 hopefully you won't need surgery. My best friend was having similar issues and was diagnosed with severe IBS.  Granted it's not much better, but maybe it's that and not that you need another surgery?
  • @PamBeesly524 - Your cat story does not surprise me, but it is hilarious! The cat I used to have would drag around this little stuffed panda I had, and I would find it in the most random places. . . Also, I'm wearing the Modcloth dress today! Of course, the first thing I did was rub the side of my leg against some bricks, so now I have a nice piece of my leg peeled off.

• @AlPacina woo! I totally put it on the other day to wear but then looked down and realized i had like 20 visible bug bites on my legs from our camping trips so I had to switch to a maxi. I think I'm going to wear it to my BIL's rehearsal dinner this weekend though!
  • AlPacina said:
    @PamBeesly524 - Your cat story does not surprise me, but it is hilarious! The cat I used to have would drag around this little stuffed panda I had, and I would find it in the most random places. . . Also, I'm wearing the Modcloth dress today! Of course, the first thing I did was rub the side of my leg against some bricks, so now I have a nice piece of my leg peeled off.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards