Not Engaged Yet

FRIDIZZLE

I am SOOOO ready for the weekend! 

Last night, I got home and read my book pretty much all night except to help H make dinner (steak on the grill and cauliflower rice with scallions, garlic, and soy sauce -- YUM!) and to watch Big Brother. I couldn't put it down and was up until a little after 11 finishing it. There is only 1 more book in the series so I need to take a break because I'm obsessed with the characters and I'm going to be really heartbroken when I'm fully caught up. I started 'Slaughterhouse Five' this morning. Has anyone here read it? 

I have no real plans this weekend and I couldn't be happier about it. 

Tonight I'm going to crack open a bottle of wine and watch the special episode of Big Brother and snug Lucy's face off. She comes home from her vacation at my parents' house around 7 and I can't wait to see her! My mom sent this pic last night and said mostly just her face is still stinky: 

Girlfriend needs a manicure.

H will be working tomorrow so I think I'm going to get up early and take myself to the beach for a few hours. I'm hoping he'll want to have a fire out back at night and then sleep in on Sunday. At some point, we'll get some cleaning and laundry done and hopefully continue GOT. 

Only 8.5 more hours until FREEDOM! 

Re: FRIDIZZLE

• TGIF! My only goal for the weekend is to sleep in.
    Last night H and I had dinner and watched tv. I finished HP 1 so I'm on to the next book.
    We are celebrating my dad and brother's birthdays on Saturday with lunch and a movie (Star Trek!). I hope they like their gifts. I got my dad some coffee from my new favorite coffee place (they fire roast their beans) so I'm pretty sure he'll love that. I got my brother a batman cup and an amazon giftcard - that kid is so hard to buy for.
    Other than that, we don't have plans this weekend and I'm hoping to take it easy. The left side of my sinuses has felt weird so I hope I'm not coming down with something. I've never had issues with only one side of my face, lol.

@swazzle - Poor Lucy. I bet she can't wait to see you.
    @LizzyTish88 - Haha! Tell us how you really feel. ;) Sounds like the perfect Friday!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @LizzyTish88 - Jealous of your half day! I hope you make it to the beach! 

@beachyone15 - This isn't your first time reading HP, is it? FX you're not getting sick. Apparently everyone had/has the cold I had last week. 

• @swazzle - I think I have read the first book before but I didn't get further than that. My brother is breezing through them, and said that after the first book they get better (and apparently BIGGER).

@TwoDimes - H and I watch the Office on repeat also. It just never gets old!

• @beachyone15 - OMG! I'm so excited for you right now! I just read them all for the first time a few years ago. They are FANTASTIC! And yes they get better and bigger :smile: ENJOY!!!!

• @beachyone15 Yay for reading HP!! I did that last summer. I had read up to book 5 before, but I forgot all about them. You will love them!

@TwoDimes You'll have to AW your bike when you exchange it! Have fun this weekend!
    friends tv show funy
  • @Swazzle  your dinners always sound so delish! And yay Lucy comes home :)

@LizzyTish88  YAYYYY BYE JERK! Lol!

@beachyone15  let me know how the movie is, Matt wants to see it likely next weekend.

@TwoDimes fuck chores ;) Side note, 2 weeks until 1 yr anniversary :O!

Not much last night. My package didn't come in, so we didn't go to my mum's and just did groceries and headed home.
    I was hoping to go to the bank tonight, but my guy is booked :( I guess that's fine because money is being automatically being moved tonight and I'm going to stop that.
    Next weekend begins our busyness. Bank appt booked to open joint savings at Matt's bank {where our mortgage is}, I still have to call the city about our property tax info, and hydro and gas/heat to see how much it is to open an account. My calendar is getting really busy lmao!

Tonight I'm meeting my mum. Idk what we're doing, because it's stupid levels of hot right now and calling for thunder/rain.

Tomorrow my mum's friend is coming to see our apt because she is going to look into renting it but wants to see. AND OUR MATTRESS COMES TOMORROW YESSSSS!!!! Plus I'm going to a pool party ;)

Sunday just lazy, movie with my friend and making somewhat bbq chicken bowls. I saw idea for enchiladas but I don't like beans AT ALL so I'm changing the idea. Hopefully it works :\
  • @AlPacina I would but.... HE'S GONE!! Tech came in and booted him an hour early! He didn't know what to make of it. The facilities director and I had a good loud "WOOHOO!!!!" I liked Jurassic World. Maybe because I can't get enough of Chris Pratt..

@speakeasy14  Love that dress!! You should totally keep it. It's hot! Have fun this weekend!

Okay folks.. I'm out! Have a great weekend!!!

friends tv show funy
  • @speakeasy14 - You look amazing in that shade of blue! It looks like such a fun dress. I hope you have an amazing weekend!.......... I honestly did expect something different from Jurassic World. I guess that was my mistake. :(

• @TwoDimes - Yay for exchanging your bike! I hope you pick one that you love! Can't wait to see. 

@AlPacina - It is. I can't think of any war-related books that I've read in the past so we'll see how I like this one. I haven't read The Catcher in the Rye since high school but I remember loving it. I'd like to read it again and see if my feelings have changed. I reread The Great Gatsby a year or two ago and still hated it. 

@speakeasy14 - You look gorgeous! I love that dress so much. Have a blast at the wedding! 

• @AlPacina thank you! My eyes are really blue today, I need more of this color in my wardrobe haha

@LizzyTish88 thank you! It's from Rent the Runway so I can't keep this specific dress, but I may look up and see if it's worth buying.  RTR said it's a $188 value dress so I might be able to find it cheaper somewhere. 
  • @AlPacina  the original recipe called for beans. We're doing BBQ chicken, whole kernel corn, maybe onions or green onions, tomatoes and cheese.
  • @AlPacina - Yes, I've seen all the movies! I really like them, but I'm expecting the books to be a little different (as books/movies usually are).

@speakeasy14 - I adore that color! I went through and cleaned out my closet the other day and was surprised at what major colors I had left. Black and blue, which I expected, but apparently I'm really into bright melon too because I have a lot of it!

• @swazzle - RE: Catcher/Rye.......... I think it was the main character's immaturity that I didn't like. He sounded like a brat. I could see how it would be easier to connect to reading it as a teenager, haha.

I'm also considering reading Band of Brothers, since I managed to watch the miniseries and I heard the book is amazing.

@swazzle & @speakeasy14 - Are you caught up on PLL? No one has really said anything about it this season.

• @AlPacina - Yes, agreed about the teenagey-ness. I heard that show was really, really good. I didn't know it was a book! 

I'm caught up on PLL! I couldn't watch this week's episode live but I watched as soon as I got to work on Wednesday because I heard the PLL FB page posted who got engaged literally at 9:01 on Tuesday and I didn't want spoilers! 

• speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2016
    @beachyone15 haha my closet is mainly black and navy, then some random bursts of color.

@alpacina I'm all caught up. I actually really like this season. 

@swazzle I was pissed. I don't understand why they had posted that, especially since it hadn't  aired on the west coast yet. 
  • @speakeasy14 @AlPacina - I agree. I didn't see the spoiler but @GoldenPenguin did and she was (rightfully) furious. I stayed off social media until I could watch the next day. It's ridiculous and so annoying! I really like this season too. 

• @swazzle & @speakeasy14 - I saw an article on Google about it before the episode even aired! It's getting so ridiculous. They think they're giving the scoop, but really they're just ruining it.

Hidden text below:

I've liked everything about this season except for Hannah. I think her behavior is insanely unrealistic considering she was kidnapped and tortured. Them brushing over that made me eye roll pretty hard.

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2016

@AlPacina @speakeasy14 - PLL spoilers below

Eh there is SO much that makes me roll my eyes but I feel like that's just the show and it's always been that way. Most of the time I have some sort of "oh come on" outburst and/or it just makes me giggle (ie Toby becoming a cop overnight). 
    I'm really sad for Hanna this season. I'll never be ok with Spencer and Toby EVER and Spencer continuing to be pissed off at Hanna for a kiss is making me so angry especially considering Spencer's past with her own sister's boyfriends. #haleb4lyfe

• @alpacina & @swazzle I agree with both of you. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards