Chit Chat

First World Problems

Re: First World Problems

• Went to McDonald's, bought a sandwich and fries off the dollar menu. All I had on me was a $100 bill.
  • Getting a mattress and it isn't coming until Saturday. {yay mattress, boo waiting}
  • Bought all the wine, but lost the corkscrew.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

screwtops!!!!

screwtops!!!!
    Hindsight is 20/20. Don't wanna go back out again. Womp womp

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• driddrid member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I've got enough money for my textbooks in my savings account, but I still don't have the book list to buy them. Its constantly looking me in the face saying "spennnnnd meeeeee"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have stupid level of breakouts on my nose and chin, and I'm not prone to them :(
  • I have stupid level of breakouts on my nose and chin, and I'm not prone to them :(
    I just broke out on my forehead today.   I'm not prone to them either.  I'm old too.   Not happy.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
    Getting those out without a corkscrew is no joke! We didn't have one one time and H wound up getting his power drill from the garage, driving two screws into the cork and then basically prying on them with needle-nose pliers until it came out! We have a corkscrew now, lol. 
  • I have a pedicure booked for tomorrow and I can't decide if I want pink or purple nail polish.
  • lyndausvi said:
    I have stupid level of breakouts on my nose and chin, and I'm not prone to them :(
    I just broke out on my forehead today.   I'm not prone to them either.  I'm old too.   Not happy.
    Oh I'm not suffering alone!! Idk what is happening ... I'm hoping it's because of crazy weather :(
  • I opened my Blood Orange Pellegrino and walked away and now it's lost its fizz and it's warm.
  • I just had Rally's Garlic Parmesan fries and sticks (yum), and now my fingers are greasy.
  • Ghostie625Ghostie625 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2016
    We are moving to a bigger apartment tomorrow but I can't motivate myself to pack up the one we're in now.

(To be fair, our lease here runs out on the 31st so we have until then to move everything, and we want to paint before we fill the new place with stuff anyway. My plan is to pack stuff as we move it.)

ETA- We both bought new clothes for the honeymoon, but now that we're back I realize we don't have enough hangers, and even if I get more there's no more room in the closet. (Did I mention the new place has more closet space?)

• I let my Audible credits build up too much so I had to buy 8 books at once and don't have time to listen to them all.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited July 2016
    There is one yummy vegan brownie left in the fridge and there are three of us. It's calling, "OWK, come eat me!"
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I can't figure out our damn baby registry. seem to be at an impasse on which car seat to get (we have a jogging stroller adapter for one brand but liked a different brand better but dont want to buy another adapter). I dont understand swaddles and sleepsacks and whatever else that stuff is 
  • I made a really good summer drink yesterday (Gimlet Slush), but now it's monday morning, I'm at work and I can't have it right now :( 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I'm at work.
    Lot of that going around  :cry:

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • kvruns said:
    I can't figure out our damn baby registry. seem to be at an impasse on which car seat to get (we have a jogging stroller adapter for one brand but liked a different brand better but dont want to buy another adapter). I dont understand swaddles and sleepsacks and whatever else that stuff is 
    You're not supposed to have anything in the crib with baby other than a fitted sheet. So sleepsacks are the compromise since it's a wearable blanket. Swaddles are great for newborns because they're used to be cramped up inside mom and enjoy that feeling for a while after birth. My son was 4 months before we stopped swaddling him. I'm pretty current on all this stuff so if you have questions, pm  me.
  • my favorite shorts are WAY too big for me now.    They fall off my hips.  Sure it's cool I've lost the weight, but I really liked these shorts.  Bought them long ago so no chance in finding them in a smaller size.

• msuprincess04msuprincess04 member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2016
    DH and I are remodeling our kitchen. We spent twice our allotted budget for this exotic granite because it's amazingly beautiful. It was installed while we were on vacation and it has a seam (which I can't stand). When I look at my kitchen, it's all I see. I have brand new top of the line kitchen that I can't stand because of the f-ing seam.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • lyndausvi said:
    my favorite shorts are WAY too big for me now.    They fall off my hips.  Sure it's cool I've lost the weight, but I really liked these shorts.  Bought them long ago so no chance in finding them in a smaller size.
    I had a pair of shorts I had to toss because they ripped through the crotch area :( I feel same, bought them long ago and can't get new pair
  • lyndausvi said:
    my favorite shorts are WAY too big for me now.    They fall off my hips.  Sure it's cool I've lost the weight, but I really liked these shorts.  Bought them long ago so no chance in finding them in a smaller size.

Take them to a seamstress?  I've lost a bunch of weight since December and was just thinking of taking some of my larger work pants into a seamstress.  I have one who is cheap and good, so its worth it to take her the items than it is to buy all new pants.
  • lyndausvi said:

Take them to a seamstress?  I've lost a bunch of weight since December and was just thinking of taking some of my larger work pants into a seamstress.  I have one who is cheap and good, so its worth it to take her the items than it is to buy all new pants.

I've been doing this as well. I'm still losing weight from my treatments/medication, so I don't want to run out a buy a bunch of new clothes. So, I buy something and as I lose, I get them tailored. After two sizes, I go and buy new.

• I'm sick of zucchini but my garden is a machine...I have 6 inside the house and probably 8 currently growing!
  • madamerwinmadamerwin member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2016
    I'm sick of zucchini but my garden is a machine...I have 6 inside the house and probably 8 currently growing!
    I planted three yellow squash and three zucchini plants, not realizing they would take over the world. There are at least 15 yellow squash that need to be picked, and I am sick of eating it. There are 8 zucchini that could be picked (one is WAY too big) and a bunch of babies forming. New house rule: If you come over to visit, you must leave with a minimum of one squash and one zucchini.

Have you ever made zucchini relish? It's a really good way to use it up.

ETA clarity

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards