Rhode Island

Makeup and hair salon/spa

Hi girls, I am looking for a salon/spa place to get ready at the day of the wedding, anywhere between North Kingstown and Lincoln.  There aren't many of us, probably 5 or 6, and I'd love a place where we can chill on couches and drink champagne, etc.

I don't think my hair will be complicated, just an easy up-do, but what I am kind of picky about is the makeup, I don't really want a place that only uses one brand, I want more of a makeup artist who might have a whole selection of brands, etc (I love makeup, especially brands like Urban Decay).  Is there any places like that? Or will I have to find a salon for hair and get an artist to come to me? Or should I  just deal with it and go with a place that maybe uses one brand?

I should also add that I am trying to find a place that doesn't break the bank.  :^)

Thanks! 

Re: Makeup and hair salon/spa

• edited December 2011
    My Hair Salon is in the Cumberland area I know it is just outside of Lincoln but they are awesome at what they do! The salon is Michique Salon & Spa. it is on Mendon Rd. in Cumberland.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011

Try Sassafrass on Mendon Rd in Cumberland. All of my friends have used them for their weddings and they are wonderful!! They also have a makeup artist that does amazing work. I can't wait for my trial! Also, they provide breakfast and mimosas...can't go wrong with that ;-)

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_makeup-hair-salonspa?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:122Discussion:823f3256-4491-461e-b67a-7d21c0265b35Post:247e1168-f5e7-460d-a50e-934aee6d8ef0">Re: Makeup and hair salon/spa</a>:
    [QUOTE]Try Sassafrass on Mendon Rd in Cumberland. All of my friends have used them for their weddings and they are wonderful!! They also have a makeup artist that does amazing work. I can't wait for my trial! Also, they provide breakfast and mimosas...can't go wrong with that ;-)
    Posted by ShabbyChic2011[/QUOTE]

Do they really?! That sounds like a plan to me ;)... I've been looking into places so I can get an idea on cost for make up as I'm super picky too.  Plus I'm really close to Sassafrass so thanks for that info =). If you don't mind me asking, how much does the trial/day of service cost? I can't seem to find prices on the website..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

My dearest friend, if you don't mind
    I'd like to join your by your side.
    Where we can gaze into the stars
    and sit together, Now and Forever
    For it is plain as anyone can see
    We're simply meant to be.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks girls!  I booked with Calma Salon in Cranston, my co-worker reccomended them, more than I was hoping to spend but they are pretty much "on the way" to the hotel and  and they were super friendly when I went in (and they do the whole coffee/mimosa/pastry thing, yay!).  Can't wait! 
  • amygirl78amygirl78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Calma. Although we aren't using them for my Wedding Day. I go there monthly for facials. Denise is awesome, you guys will have lots of fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards