Not Engaged Yet

Beach vacation AW!

edited July 2016 in Not Engaged Yet
Ok I've been going back and forth this morning on whether or not I should AW our vacation last week since it was only just a beach vacation but there were sooo many exciting things that happened that I just felt like it needed to be shared!

If I make any spelling or grammar errors in this I apologize....I'm beyond exhausted right now so I'm sorry lol.

Last Friday DH had to work as usual so I spent most of the evening and day packing and loading up the car as much as I could. I took Callie to Happy Hour with me and she got a lot of energy out crawling around with the other kids.

Saturday after breakfast we all left for the beach! I was nervous because this was going to be a 6-8 hr car ride and Callie hasn't been in the car for longer than 2 hours at a time and I predicted massive meltdowns. She actually did extremely well because I sat next to her the whole time while Maddux took co-pilot lol. We watched movies and played and took some rest stops. It went way better than expected.

We got to the beach and our house was GORGEOUS! It had two beautiful balconies, an outdoor shower, beautiful bedrooms, and a big kitchen. Perfect for our family. Callie started exploring immediately and decided that it was time to learn how to climb the stairs....great (sarcasm). So the majority of the week there was a chair blocking the stairs lol.

Sunday we took Callie to the ocean for the very first time. She LOVED the water and the waves and would giggle whenever I put her in them. It was awesome. She did not like the sand though...I mean I don't think many people like it anyways. Some day she will find entertainment though with building sand castles so we spent the majority of the time playing in the water.

The rest of the week included seeing some extended family of both mine and DH's, we rode bikes to the shopping center in Rosemary Beach for ice cream, had fancy date night dinner sans child, shopping with my mom, inflatable pool time with Callie, running/walking on the beach early in the morning, and lots of mimosas and wine.

For the most exciting part of the week EVER was.....Callie took her first steps!!!!!!!! What was the best part was that everyone got to see it! She did it in front of my whole family and multiple times throughout the week. Granted she is only taking 2-3 steps at a time right now but that will increase as she gets stronger and more balanced/confident. I was so proud I wanted to cry lol. My baby is growing up!

Also @labro and my little sister and my mom are basically saints. They helped me so much with Callie last week. DH spent a lot of time working on school work and golfing so I spent most of the week solo parenting which is really hard when you're trying to relax at the beach with a child. It wouldn't have felt like a vacation if it wasn't for them. They are seriously the best!

I'll post pictures in a subsequent post since I wrote a lot.

Re: Beach vacation AW!

• Your beach vacation sounds amazing!!! I can't believe she took her first steps! What a huge milestone for her!

Thanks for sharing all the pictures and stories!
    friends tv show funy
  • What an awesome vacation!
  • OHMYGOD I seriously can't get enough of Callie pics! I can't believe she took her first steps! Where does the time go? It sounds/looks like you guys had such a great time but I'm (selfishly) glad you're back :smile:

• I love the pics and it's fun to see how quickly she's growing up! Glad y'all had a great time!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I'm in love with these pictures! And Callie's first steps!!!! What a big girl! And an awesome moment to be able to share. I must say as well that you look awesome momma in that 2 piece! ;) And the picture of you feeding Callie melts my heart 
  • @labro I'm so glad you guys had a great time! That picture of you and Callie is beautiful and you look stunning as always. Welcome back to both of you!
  • @southernpeach89 and @labro sounds like a really nice family trip.  Also, yay Callie for taking her first steps!

• All the baby raccoons are cracking me up lol
  • OMG Callie!!!!!! She's starting to walk! Ahhhhh! Such a big girl now!

I'm so glad you guys had fun. The pictures are absolutely beautiful, and both you and @labro deserved such a wonderful vacation. <3 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    eilis1228 said:
    OMG Callie!!!!!! She's starting to walk! Ahhhhh! Such a big girl now!

I'm so glad you guys had fun. The pictures are absolutely beautiful, and both you and @labro deserved such a wonderful vacation alternative place to work. <3 
    FTFY. I wasn't lucky enough to get to take a real vacation. ;) I worked the entire time for my full 8-5 days. But it was still INCREDIBLE to get to spend that extra time with my family and especially my Callie girl. Waking up at 5:30 every day was so worth it for that.

• This sounds like the most perfect vacation ever! The family, the ocean, the doggies, Callie walking aaaah! So much fun and you look amazing. 
    @labro you look so beautiful in that last photo

• @labro @southernpeach89 Glad you guys had such a great time! You guys are so pretty :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards