Not Engaged Yet

Weds

Yesterday, I thought it was Thursday about 5 times so imagine my disappointment when I woke up today and it's not Friday. 

I had a much less eventful commute home last night compared with Monday, H and I had hot dogs and corn on the grill for dinner, and then we went to see 'Lights Out' which was good and scary and made us both jump a bunch of times. Yay for movie theater popcorn! 

Tonight I don't have much going on. I'm making shredded chicken in the Instant Pot for tacos for dinner and then BB is on at 8 and that's really it! BORING. 

Re: Weds

• @PamBeesly524  I've never heard of that grilled cheese but I'm thinking I may have to try it! Have you ever had a grilled peanut butter sandwich? You might like!

Agreed with everything @TwoDimes  said about Wednesdays ....

@southernpeach89  I'm not big on spice, but I prefer when the spice is sneaky. Almost gives you a chance to prepare for it lol

Not much last night. Matt wanted to get a photo taken for his hunting license, but the location is only open 10-5 boo! Ended up going for dinner with a gift card we got, so that means leftovers for lunch!
    Since I still had a mild headache, I ended up resting on the couch and fell asleep .... guh that messes up my sleep so bad.

Anyways .... ran into my landlord this morning - which is nerve wracking since we dropped out 60 day notice last night.
    August may be the last month we pay! Which will be great because we can put some of that money towards things we need to do :) We find out soon.

Not much tonight. Probably laundry and more packing. Really need to hit that locker!
  • @AlPacina apparently my mom has zucchini for me hahaha I just ran out of it. 

@eilis1228 I have a black thumb too. I am very thankful those around me do not haha -- Enjoy your long weekend away! Hopefully all the airline issues are resolved. 
  • @AlPacina  I know right! :smiley:  It's crazy! Also .... feels like we should be more packed lol
  • @AlPacina bacon jam is the best thing ever! Our local music festival has a vendor that gives out samples, pretty sure we stood at her stand for an hour last year.
  • Re: sandwich. You guys have to try it - we originally got the recipe in our BA box. Last night we used a french baguette for bread. To make the jam you just put cut up strawberries, brown sugar and a little lemon juice and salt on the stove and cook it down. Plop that on the brie and bread and cook away. Seriously delicious.

Re: cat. @AlPacina I've looked up a ton of stuff on how to get her to stop meowing and the biggest consensus is to ignore her! If i tried to reprimand her she would see it as some sort of reaction and would continue to do it. It's been a month though and she never stops, so unless something is wrong with her (besides her snotty nose she seems fine), I literally have no idea what to do with her. I'm hoping she calms down once summer is over and it gets cooler out but who the heck knows.
  • @swazzle, yay for movie theater popcorn!

@pambeesly524, hope you can enjoy your office outing in spite of the heat!

@eilis1228, have fun in Charleston!
    ---
    I was up super-late trying yet again to organize the crafting closet, which this time meant winding more cakes of yarn. I think I am actually managing to condense it down some, but ... it's frustrating to work that long on a project and feel like I'm making no progress. Blech.

Tonight is church, then H has gaming - he's joining a new group. I'm going to knit, maybe start on a new cushion I've had my eye on making. If I get it right, it will have all four HP house crests on it.

Oh, and last night we had the Philly Market Roasted Pork Hoagies and they were some of the best sandwiches I've ever eaten. I'm now in love with broccoli rabe and sad because I have no clue where I'm going to find it up here.
  • @500days geez when does school start? Sounds like you need minions
  • AlPacina said:
    500days said:
    @alpacina I have not tried bacon jam yet. They have at TJ's and I plan to buy it soon. I know it doesn't look pretty, but bacon in a spreadable form is worth trying!

This is why you girls are the absolute best. Without this information, I would have been bacon jam-less. And now, I can feel complete again. I hope my local TJ's has it! Thank you @500days!

Or just come to the East coast... Musikfest starts next week through the 13th ;-)
  • @speakeasy14 We start on 8/31, of course a Wednesday. That gives us 3 days to unpack. That's assuming everything comes back on time and in an orderly fashion. I have about 20 boxes to unpack, but some crazy teachers have like 50 boxes. I'm almost sure my principal will send an email to families/students telling them to excuse the appearance of classrooms lol

@AlPacina Glad I can help you get all of the bacon! You can also tell yourself that it's "healthy" because it's TJ's.
  • @500days Just plaster your room with stuff like this:

• @speakeasy14 Hahahaha! I had a DO NOT TOUCH sign on boxes and stacks of things at the end of the year!!! The kids definitely were minions the last week of school...anything to get out of maths facts and reading. 
  • FYI to anyone I got hooked on Bamboo sheets - living social has full bed sets of bamboo sheets for $30.
  • @500days I love productive days like that. DH is already back for pre planning, his students start next Thursday which is crazy to me. Summers always go by so quickly.
  • @AlPacina - :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: 

• @southernpeach89 Wow- summer isn't even over! People already complain that we go back before labor day. I can't even imagine going back early August. It's great that you got to go on vacation before he goes back. And I hope it's a good start of year for your H! 
  • @labro If you want, you can come keep me company tonight while DH works. We can drink wine and watch The Men Tell All lol.
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @labro If you want, you can come keep me company tonight while DH works. We can drink wine and watch The Men Tell All lol.

• I am super late to this thread, but I am bored and skimming TK for amusement...

@Swazzle can you tell me about this Instant Pot chicken recipe? H got me an Instant Pot for my birthday, but I have not ventured far beyond beans (holy shit, you can make beans in 30 minutes!) and a few other things. But shredded chicken sounds like a great idea. 

Also, I have to close my eyes when previews for Lights Out come on TV, so no way in hell I could handle the actual movie. I like scary movies, but I very much dislike creepy silhouettes with long stringy hair that move closer when you aren't looking. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @madamerwin - Last night I put in 2lbs of chicken breast with some seasonings and a jar of salsa then turned it on manual for 15 minutes, did a quick release of the pressure and VOILA! Shredded each breast on a plate then tossed it back in and stirred the sauce and used the meat for tacos. 

I made THIS recipe last week for Lentil and Chicken Soup and it was incredible. H loved it too and I brought some to work for my coworkers to try and 3 of them went out and bought an Instant Pot after tasting it. 

• Thanks @Swazzle ! Going to try both of those :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards