Not Engaged Yet

Relationship Questions

It's been slow lately so time for questions:

Are you in a relationship?
If not, why are you participating?
How long have you been with your significant other?
Dating, Engaged, Married?
Do you live together?
Own or rent?
How did you two start dating?
Favorite memory together?
What annoys you most about your SO?
How long did you wait till first kiss? First time had sex?
Were there any rules when you first started dating (example - No kissing on the first date)?
When did you know it was serious?
What was the first trip you had together? Was it a good experience?
Share a funny story about your SO.

Re: Relationship Questions

• @500days - Holy shit, lady! Your H's drunk story is so freaking funny!! I mean, not funny to wake up to the TV like that, but written out, it's insanely hilarious.

• I'm loving these stories, keep them coming!!

@500days hahaha my bf pees in random places when he's drunk too! He peed down the laundry shoot at my mom's... that may be a funnier story than him and my brother spooning
  • Are you in a relationship?
    Yes'm

Judgey ....

How long have you been with your significant other?
    5 1/2 yrs

Dating, Engaged, Married?

Dating; 03/20/11
    Engaged; 10/11/14 {i think?}
    Married; 08/01/15

Do you live together?
    Since 2 months into our relationship {maybe 2 1/2}

Own or rent?
    Still renting but 58 DAYS UNTIL HOME OWNING

How did you two start dating?
    We met through a friend. His bff was dating an acquaintance of mine and friend plus Matt were invited, plus myself and my friend.

Favorite memory together?
    Our wedding, our entire honeymoon, looking at houses and being super excited when we saw the house we're currently buying.

What annoys you most about your SO?
    Urg he's messy and a procrastinator. He does get to it but I have zero patience to wait!

How long did you wait till first kiss? First time had sex?
    Kiss - 3rd date. {we met Saturday, this was the following Saturday} See below for funny story about that
    Sex - 2 weeks into dating lol

Were there any rules when you first started dating (example - No kissing on the first date)?
    He wanted to build the relationship before having sex. I was ready to pull him into the bathroom for a good make out session the night we met

When did you know it was serious?
    When he lived with me lol Kidding, I had an idea before. I wasn't planning on serious because I'd been hurt pretty bad not long before by 3 guys but he would randomly show up after work to walk a block with me.
    Also we'd randomly talk about things like the future of having kids, etc etc

What was the first trip you had together? Was it a good experience?
    I'm gonna count our trip to Mexico as out first trip. It was good aside from me being sick on the plane. Lack of sleep + nerves + alcohol = bad

Share a funny story about your SO.
    As mentioned I'm going with our first kiss - plus more. Whole night was hilarious!
    So this was the 3rd date and it was at a dinner for a friend. Dinner was good, lots of chatting etc. Matt and my friend I went with to the party are in the same line of work so it made conversation boring interesting.
    After dinner, we were waiting on the waitress to bring the bills and Matt's arm was around me. He dropped his debit card and had to reach under the table to get it.
    HE GOT STUCK! I am useless, and started laughing. Someone else had to help him - he wasn't hurt obv.
    We head up to the buses because him and 3 others were headed one way, and birthday girl and I headed opposite way.
    I thought this was great idea for first kiss, I go in. He turns slightly and I catch corner of his mouth.
    I was shocked and mortified! Was I reading things wrong? Did he actually not want to further this? Oh gawd .... I'm going over this on the bus with my friend and she assures me it probably just was bad timing. Fine. Cool.

Next day we were to see a movie with a group - 3 people from previous night plus others. We're in theater watching "Sucker Punch" and obviously Matt feels awful for situation and leans over, whispers "i fucked up" I turn over to say it's fine or something, and he kisses me!
    His friends obviously start to notice and make "ooh!" noises {brats lmao} We just laughed.
  • @AlPacina & @speakeasy14 I feel like everyone I know has heard of that story. And I'm so glad it didn't happen to me!! But the next day I had to check and see if J was alive, get the car that was left behind, clean up pee and everything, and buy a TV. My H and his friends have a ton of stories that unfortunately play out like a Hangover movie haha
  • @southernpeach89 HAHA! After I met my H my own drunk stories got dramatically more tame. I just couldn't keep up with my H.
  • TwoDimes said:
    Some of these stories are hilarious...DH doesn't do anything drunkenly hilarious. Normally I'm the one who is drunk and saying/doing funny things. 

SAME! One night in college, H and I were out drinking with friends, and I got to the point where I'd had more than enough, so we started walking home. On the walk home between the bar and my apartment, we passed the church where my sister had recently gotten married. I don't remember at all, but H claims I stopped at the church, tried to go inside, and then sat on the bench out front of the chapel claiming, "We can't leave until the rest of the bridal party gets here!" Apparently he finally coaxed me to leave with promise of drunk food. I have my priorities.  :#
    We might be the same person.
  • @speakeasy14  OMG YOUR POOR BF!! I am laughing so hard though :') I feel awful but laughing
  • Follow up story to how I'm useless {it's hereditary fyi}

We moved into our first apartment and Matt went to shower before we crashed. I'm in the living room, trying to get boxes organized and prioritized when I hear "I need your help and you can't laugh."
    I immediately tell him that he can't tell me I can't laugh, because that's not possible. He says he just needs my help.
    I go in and after his shower, he flipped towel over his shoulder and put underwear and his shirt on. Did not take towel off!!
    So I start laughing and take a photo {I still have it on my fb because everyone needed to see it - and he has a smirky face so that helps! ;) }

Eventually I'm together enough to help him take his shirt off to remove the towel. For the longest time I would tell him to remember to remove the towel before getting dressed. ;)
  • I want to play. :)

Are you in a relationship? yes

How long have you been with your significant other? Officially 6 years in Oct.

Dating, Engaged, Married? Engaged. Wedding is in Oct.

Do you live together? Yes.

Own or rent? Rent.

How did you two start dating? He said he would stop sleeping with me unless I was his girlfriend

Favorite memory together? When we climbed a "mountain" in CO and then had sex on top of it.

What annoys you most about your SO? That he spends money on stupid little shit so much. It seems like there is another box from Amazon every other day. 

How long did you wait till first kiss? First time had sex? Our first kiss was in 2005 at a Halloween Party. We "hung out" for a while, drifted apart in 2007 and hooked back up in 2010. Our first kiss of that decade was 5 hours after my ex broke up with me and immediately led to sex.

Were there any rules when you first started dating (example - No kissing on the first date?) I was always no anal till marriage. In the beginning I refused to combine money or enter any contracts together.

When did you know it was serious? when we combined books after moving in together. 

What was the first trip you had together? Was it a good experience? I tried to make a big deal out of his birthday the first year we were together. I planned a trip out of town to an amusement park. It was kind of a disaster for many reasons but we still had fun. 

Share a funny story about your SO. Oh gawd there are so many. One of the first times I had gone back to his hometown, we were supposed to go visit his nana with his mom. FH woke up super grumpy, like a giant toddler. His mom and I couldn't stop giggling because he was just so damn cute, it just made him madder and madder. It doesn't make for a great story but it makes me laugh everytime I think about. 
  • @southernpeach89  I think the whispering "i'm drunk" is a requirement. I've done it ;)
  • @labro - My H likes to fold laundry at 11pm too! I just don't understand...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2016
    @labro what is with the socks on the floor?! The best is that his dog growing up would steal socks, so you think there would never be a sock on the floor. 

@missJeanLouise I'm the shopping/amazon/everything shipped addict.  It drives my bf crazy because there are always opened boxes everywhere.  Sorry, I get excited for new things and forget about the empty box haha
  • Swazzle said:

What annoys you most about your SO? That he spends money on stupid little shit so much. It seems like there is another box from Amazon every other day. 

He doesn't break them down so there are little (and not so little) cardboard boxes all over the place everyday. Idk why but it just makes me want to shake him.
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @missJeanLouise Omg that's hilarious! My dad was in the military when we were kids so obviously we moved a TON! He used to make box mazes for us the same way you just described!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards