Wedding Party

Closed

2»

Re: Closed

• I've had enough.  Just because I want the ones I love to be involved in my wedding does not make me a horrible person.  You people need to learn how to state your opinions in a kinder way or move over to the snarky brides forum.

Thank you to those that don't fall into this category and stated their opinions in ways that didn't bring me to tears.

Oh honey, perhaps the Internet isn't for you.

• I've had enough.  Just because I want the ones I love to be involved in my wedding does not make me a horrible person.  You people need to learn how to state your opinions in a kinder way or move over to the snarky brides forum.

Thank you to those that don't fall into this category and stated their opinions in ways that didn't bring me to tears.

Literally no one said you were a horrible person, and if this thread brought you to tears then I suggest the internet is not for you. People here were trying to help you, that does not mean they have to agree with you.

Also, thanks for the bat signal title. Never has the effect the poster thinks.

I think you should look up the dictionary definition of "help".  I believe that addressing the actual question would fall in there, which most people did not do.  Like I said, some people were helpful, others were mean.  Calling the children that I LOVE that I want to include in my wedding "props" and telling me that you feel sorry for them? For what? Doing something at a wedding that they would actually LIKE to do? I know these kids VERY well, and none of you know them at all, so to make blanket judgments on something that I did not ask for feedback on is something that I consider to be rude. 

The title is there to say that I no longer am asking opinions from this group.  I don't really care how much attention it does or doesn't gain.  I'm through with being berated about every aspect of my wedding.  I was on here to ask for ideas of how to include a 3 year old in a wedding.  Not to be criticized for the choices that have already been made and agreed upon with my fiancé and all of the parents involved. 

Literally no one said you were a horrible person, and if this thread brought you to tears then I suggest the internet is not for you. People here were trying to help you, that does not mean they have to agree with you.

I think you should look up the dictionary definition of "help".  I believe that addressing the actual question would fall in there, which most people did not do.  Like I said, some people were helpful, others were mean.  Calling the children that I LOVE that I want to include in my wedding "props" and telling me that you feel sorry for them? For what? Doing something at a wedding that they would actually LIKE to do? I know these kids VERY well, and none of you know them at all, so to make blanket judgments on something that I did not ask for feedback on is something that I consider to be rude. 

The title is there to say that I no longer am asking opinions from this group.  I don't really care how much attention it does or doesn't gain.  I'm through with being berated about every aspect of my wedding.  I was on here to ask for ideas of how to include a 3 year old in a wedding.  Not to be criticized for the choices that have already been made and agreed upon with my fiancé and all of the parents involved. 

I think you should look up the definition of the word Validate.

You asked how to include people in your ceremony and we told you- you ask them to be in the wedding party (BM, GM, FG, RB), a reader, or an usher.

I've asked this question several times now and you haven't answered it: What is more important to you- having all these people in your wedding or having a small WP?  Why are you insisting on a small WP if it doesn't include everyone?

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

I think you should look up the definition of the word Validate.

You asked how to include people in your ceremony and we told you- you ask them to be in the wedding party (BM, GM, FG, RB), a reader, or an usher.

I've asked this question several times now and you haven't answered it: What is more important to you- having all these people in your wedding or having a small WP?  Why are you insisting on a small WP if it doesn't include everyone?

SITB

That's what I can't understand, OP is insisting that they want a small wedding party and then goes on to make 3 threads about how to add people to their wedding party without actually adding them to their wedding party. She wants us to come in and bend space and time so she can both have a small wedding party and include everyone and their mother's in made up roles. And then she cries and whines about how we're so unhelpful because we can't make two contradictions work in the exact way she's envisioned. And lol at her getting pissy when we bring up that she's using these kids as props. If she wants to honor them truly she can do exactly like everyone's been saying, have a couple of RBs/FGs (besides the literal baby) and take some pictures/dance with them, they'll feel honored enough. And by honored I mean happy because kids that age don't understand the significance of being honored like that. Some adults don't, either. 
  • I know these kids VERY well, and none of you know them at all

Well, sounds like you came to the right place for advice, then.

httpvignette1wikianocookienetgleeimages550Jocasta_eye_rollgifrevisionlatestcb20140808155354

• scribe95 said:
    Why the heck is this closed?
    OP doesn't like our advice.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• scribe95 said:
    Why the heck is this closed?
    OP doesn't like our advice.
    TBH she doesn't like it on any of the other threads she's started either. 
  • Aaaannndddd she "closed" the other one too. 

This is so, so dramatic. People are telling you something is a bad idea. No one is berating you. And you ARE using these kids as props - your nephew is too damn small to be in a wedding; you clearly want him involved for photos. That's just a true statement.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm loling so hard at the idea of a one year old, or even three year old desperately excited at the idea of being in a wedding.  

• I really think Chinese dragon or possibly parade float is the best way to go here.

(Huge gasp of shock and excitement).  That is the best ever.  Now I want a do over.

I am dying of laughter over here.  I just keep picturing this colorful and long Chinese dragon dancing down the church aisle, ahead of the bride.  There are no other Chinese themed details in my picture, which just makes it even funnier and random.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I really think Chinese dragon or possibly parade float is the best way to go here.

(Huge gasp of shock and excitement).  That is the best ever.  Now I want a do over.

I am dying of laughter over here.  I just keep picturing this colorful and long Chinese dragon dancing down the church aisle, ahead of the bride.  There are no other Chinese themed details in my picture, which just makes it even funnier and random.

That is exactly what I was picturing when I suggested it. I think this is a delightful idea. My H is also upset that we did not have a Chinese dragon bouncing around to get the party started.

There was a Chinese dragon on Cutthroat Kitchen last night, OP. I'm pretty sure that's a sign.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I came for the bat signal and the thread did not disappoint. Thank you ladies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards