Wedding 911

So frustrated! Ceremony Chairs

I'm about to loose my mind! I cannot find a cute way to decorate banquet chairs without breaking the bank. I hate these chairs with a purple passion but we have to use them. Any tips or ideas would be a HUGE help.

Re: So frustrated! Ceremony Chairs

• lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2016
    often times trying to cover things like this up end up drawing more attention to them.  Kind-of like putting lipstick on a pig.

Once everyone is seated the chairs become less noticeable.    

AddieCake said:
    Nobody cares about cute chairs. I don't even know what my own chairs looked like except that they were brown.
    From your siggy it looks like they were white  :smile:   Maybe it was your reception chairs that were brown?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Daughter had those white chair covers on the chairs at her reception.  We didn't ask for them.  The venue put them on gratis.  I found they were a bit uncomfortable because they slid around while sitting on them, getting up and sitting down again.  They looked pretty, but we definitely wouldn't have paid for them.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • geebee908 said:
    Definitely not worth spending money on. No one is going to be talking about how ugly the ceremony chairs were after the wedding. Not a thing anyone remembers. Unless they're bales of hay.
    Lol!  Oh ,yeah, I remember that thread!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragain said:
    geebee908 said:
    Definitely not worth spending money on. No one is going to be talking about how ugly the ceremony chairs were after the wedding. Not a thing anyone remembers. Unless they're bales of hay.
    Lol!  Oh ,yeah, I remember that thread!

You had to remind me! LOL

OP - really - I'd rather have a nice sturdy chair that's ugly as an angry spider than have a flimsy chair that's pretty! Once people plop their butts down, I promise you won't even notice the chairs in pictures, only who is in them!  This is a "first world problem" - as long as there are enough chairs for every guest, really - put your money into upgrading something else (larger slice of cake, extra protein option for the meal, treat later in the evening, water bottles, etc.)

• SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Don't worry about the chairs.
  • AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2016
    lyndausvi said:
    often times trying to cover things like this up end up drawing more attention to them.  Kind-of like putting lipstick on a pig.

Once everyone is seated the chairs become less noticeable.    

AddieCake said:
    Nobody cares about cute chairs. I don't even know what my own chairs looked like except that they were brown.
    From your siggy it looks like they were white  :smile:   Maybe it was your reception chairs that were brown?

Yes, reception chairs. Is that not what we are talking about? OP said banquet chairs, so I assumed reception chairs.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • HAhaha! Ooops. Thanks, guys!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I can't remember what the chairs looked like at my ceremony or reception. Don't stress it! Who cares if they're ugly! As long as I've got a chair and it's not broken, I'm happy. I'm sure 99% percent of people feel the same. 
  • I will admit that I stressed about the chairs for our reception way longer than necessary. The cushions on them were IMO a hideous green and tan curtain like print and I searched and searched for options to cover them. When I finally did find an option, it would've cost a ridiculous amount of money so I got over it and honestly never even noticed the day of or in our pictures. Your guests won't notice either so my best advice is to spend your time and money elsewhere. 
  • I agree with PPs. OP, what did the chairs look like at the last wedding you attended?
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Personally, I think "purple passion" might be a little strong for feelings about chairs.

No one but you will care as long as they have a chair and it's reasonably comfortable. Waste not the time or the money or the energy on this.
  • Are these your chairs?

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Personally, I think "purple passion" might be a little strong for feelings about chairs.

No one but you will care as long as they have a chair and it's reasonably comfortable. Waste not the time or the money or the energy on this.

When I hear Purple Passion - I think something relating to Prince...  Purple Rain - Puuuurrple Rain!  <rift>
  • I worried about the chairs. They were stained and a little rusty and just really ugly. I ended up buying chair covers for about $1 each and sashes for half of the chairs for 50 cents and I sold them all to my venue (who owned the ugly chairs) for just under what I paid (about 90%). I knew I had a good chance of selling them though, so unless you have a good selling option and can carry the purchase cost, I wouldn't worry about it. Putting the covers on and then removing them and washing them after was another time consuming thing that you should consider. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards