Wedding Party

Closed

2»

Re: Closed

• His mom will be playing the piano for the processional and I've suggested that his dad carry him to my fiancé and he wasn't a fan of the idea.  Our back up plan if the flower girl can't pull him is to either have one of the bridesmaids pull him or carry him.

If his parents aren't fans of the idea, why isn't an alarm bell going off that the idea should be dropped altogether? 

The bridesmaids aren't going to want to carry someone else's baby down the aisle, let alone pull him in a wagon.

Look: Since the baby can't get down the aisle and back under his own power: Don't. Put. Him. In. The. Wedding. Party. Lose the whole idea and make everyone else happy.

Just take photos with him. He'll be cute and "included" just by being there.
  • My parents didn't put their 1 year old niece in their wedding for the same reasons you have listed and they have been regretting it for 26 years. 

Seriously?!? Not having a baby in their wedding has been weighing on them for 26 years?

SITB

I'm just trying to imagine how boring and/or drama filled someone's life must be if they can say they genuinely regret not having a baby in their wedding party for 26 years. Like, I get feeling "Oh, maybe we should have done this" but obviously it's something that's constantly talked about or else OP wouldn't have said "they have been regretting it for 26 years". Maybe that's where she gets her attitude from, growing up with parents so needy for drama that they actively regret not having a baby in their wedding party.

Every time OP posts I feel worse and worse for their poor props kids. If OP truly cared about them and wanted to include them she would let them wear cute outfits and take pictures and be done with it, not force a baby into a wagon with a toddler pulling it and not force kids who don't even understand what they're saying to do a "reading".

I would love to attend a wedding with kids doing a reading about love and marriage, not because it's cute, but because I love bad/awkward wedding stories.
  • As a mother of a one year old, I would tell you to climb in the little wagon yourself and toddle on back home.  Because generally speaking, us mom types don't enjoy being more than 2 feet away while our babies play with/in an object that could hurt them.

Also, she is a person and shit.  Not a cutesy prop.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• @Peledreamsofrain - belated congrats on the baby :) 

• The wagon is entirely safe.  We found one that has a seat belt and he will be in it for all of a minute tops.  You misunderstand me when I talk about the flower girl.  I would LOVE to have her as a flower girl, she holds a special place in my heart.  I just don't want to deal with the fall out with her siblings, that is the only thing holding me back.  We had another option for a flower girl, but she will only be 3 so that is way too little to be pulling a wagon with the safety concerns.  The rings are going to be in a sealed box that he cannot open.  The flower girl will have flowers in her hair. 

We really want our nephew to be in the wedding.  My parents didn't put their 1 year old niece in their wedding for the same reasons you have listed and they have been regretting it for 26 years. 

That's their biggest regret in 26 years? They are either insanely lucky or have an unhealthy obsession.

• CHILDREN ARE NOT PROPS FOR YOUR WEDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Okay then, here we go, right back to the advice I want to scream from the rooftops abd blast on every forum. If you don't want an aspect of your life discussed on the Internet, DON'T POST IT. Just.Don't.Post.It. 

Seriously,it's super easy. It's the "discard post" button. Or the delete button. 

So many, many times I have started to write a post and then stopped. Why? Because it was something I felt strongly about. Or something personal. Or a hot button. It all came to one thing, I  don't want people discussing this.

I.Didn't.Post.It. This is not rocket science, it's the undo feature.

I realized this too late.  This was my first post on this site and I honestly thought that people were just going to answer my question.  I gave the other roles as a background to say "hey, these are already filled".  I shouldn't have given so much detail, but by the time I realized this, it was too late.  I couldn't delete the post and people were already quoting the original and replying to those.  I honestly thought I was joining a community of people who would be helpful, not demeaning. I now know in the future to give as little information as possible if I ever decide to post again. 
  • Welcome to the internet. 
  • Changing a thread title to "Closed" does not, in fact, close the thread. All it does is draw more attention to it.

No one was demeaning. You got a lot of advice, but it was not the advice you wanted to hear. People's tones may have gotten more frustrated the more you dug in to your own view on it, but seriously: If you ask for advice, don't expect to love all the advice you get. And if 20+ people are telling you something is a bad idea, did it occur to you that maybe it IS a bad idea?
    I wonder what the consensus would be on WW or in The Hive?

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Okay then, here we go, right back to the advice I want to scream from the rooftops abd blast on every forum. If you don't want an aspect of your life discussed on the Internet, DON'T POST IT. Just.Don't.Post.It. 

Seriously,it's super easy. It's the "discard post" button. Or the delete button. 

So many, many times I have started to write a post and then stopped. Why? Because it was something I felt strongly about. Or something personal. Or a hot button. It all came to one thing, I  don't want people discussing this.

I.Didn't.Post.It. This is not rocket science, it's the undo feature.

I realized this too late.  This was my first post on this site and I honestly thought that people were just going to answer my question.  I gave the other roles as a background to say "hey, these are already filled".  I shouldn't have given so much detail, but by the time I realized this, it was too late.  I couldn't delete the post and people were already quoting the original and replying to those.  I honestly thought I was joining a community of people who would be helpful, not demeaning. I now know in the future to give as little information as possible if I ever decide to post again. 
    You're just learning this now? Honey, I learned that 20 years ago. 

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2016
    Come on guys.  She is having these very young children in her wedding because she LOVES them and she WANTS it.  Never mind how it might affect the children.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Not providing what you wanted to hear does not make us unhelpful or unkind. In fact, most posters advocated for the babies safety and in pretty sure that's the polar opposite of unkind. 

Lurk, read some more, there's a lot of good info here even if it's not presented wrapped in a rainbow and in a basket of puppies. 
  • wmam35wmam35 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Answer
    edited August 2016
    ugh I wrote a comment and realized it was in the wrong thread and I can't delete so I wrote this :neutral: My bad.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards