Massachusetts-Boston

Misselwood, Endicott College--Wedding?

anyone ever been to a wedding or have their wedding at misselwood? its right on the ocean looks gorgeous..

Re: Misselwood, Endicott College--Wedding?

• edited December 2011
    Having my wedding there next year, love it!
  • edited December 2011
    is it really pricey? i really want to get married by the ocean this looks perfect... is it on the college campus though?
  • edited December 2011
    It is technically part of the college, yes, however it is a private estate owned by Endicott. For a Sat night during season it is 6500.00 and 5000 for a Friday night or Sunday (just for rental, comes with tables chairs, tent, there is also a 500.00 fee for ceremony if you have it there. They have 3 caterers you can choose from. They have an open house coming up soon, you should attend if you can.
  • edited December 2011
    My cousin got married there and I wasn't crazy about it. It was pretty, but it was kind of hard to find and for a Friday night wedding the traffic up the highway was so annoying and then you still had to drive like 20-25 minutes. So many people got lost going to the reception. The grounds were ok but you couldn't really see the ocean from the tent. The food was alright. I think they used currier and chives. I think. I don't know, overall I'd say it's just OK. It's what you'd expect from a tented venue. this is a guest's point of view though, i know the bride was really happy with her pictures and everything else.
    "I got married in 1968 and EVERYONE only had 1 photographer, I don't know where all this nonsense came from. Who wants two flashes popping all night anyway? and really as long as they get you dancing, kissing, and throwing the bouquet the rest is just fluff." - My mom
  • edited December 2011
    thank you for your opinion it helps! i want to get married by the ocean just hard finding the "perfect" place ill check this place out tho and see but if its far from the highway itll prob be a no go as most of the guests are from out of state and half hour away
  • ashleym0706ashleym0706 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married there next year!  I love it!  I fell in love with it, and a tented reception was what I wanted. The ocean views are so beautiful. Let us know how it goes?

@beverly when is your wedding?!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The reason we picked Misselwood is that my fiance went to a wedding there when they first started doing weddings (it wont be someone coming to our wedding btw). He has loved it there ever since. My sister also went to a wedding there and loved it. I think it depends on what caterer and menu you choose for your guests, as Misselwood does not provide the food. We are getting married July 6 12
  • ashleym0706ashleym0706 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Im glad to hear you had a good experience with weddings there :) I actually contacted recent Misselwood brides before I booked and they all raved about Misselwood.

OMG Beverly! I am getting married there the day after you! Did you pick your caterer yet?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah we did pick a caterer, Creative Catering.
    Hah, we had to get that weekend because work schedules, and the Sat was book (obviously) so we took the Fiday, since it is 2 days after the 4th, I don't think it being on a Friday will be as big a deal, a lot of people take vacations that week anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards