Wedding Party

Groomsman gifts

I'm certain it's been asked before, but I thought I'd check with everyone anyway.....I am looking at getting my groomsman and best man either Navy 1851 Black Powder Revolvers or AR15 pistols. My Fiancé says both are ghetto. The AR15 pistols may be a little...well, ghetto, but the classic black powder revolvers seem kind of classy to me. What does everyone think?  i really don't want to do a a tie or cuff links or something else that's been done a million times. It's a fairly upscale wedding and I've known these guys for nearly 30 years each. They deserve a classy gift. 

Re: Groomsman gifts

• I'm certain it's been asked before, but I thought I'd check with everyone anyway.....I am looking at getting my groomsman and best man either Navy 1851 Black Powder Revolvers or AR15 pistols. My Fiancé says both are ghetto. The AR15 pistols may be a little...well, ghetto, but the classic black powder revolvers seem kind of classy to me. What does everyone think?  i really don't want to do a a tie or cuff links or something else that's been done a million times. It's a fairly upscale wedding and I've known these guys for nearly 30 years each. They deserve a classy gift. 
    JIC
  • If they all like guns and can responsibly own and store them, so ahead. Any uncertainty, go with something else. My FI was once in a wedding where he received a beer tasting tour. It was the perfect gift for FI. Other groomsmen in the wedding received different things (time at a golf range, a set of books, bottle of scotch ...)
  • Don't worry, I'm sure there is no risk of you ever doing anything classy. 
    QFT
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I agree with @InLoveInQueens. "Ghetto" is a loaded word.
  • Don't worry, I'm sure there is no risk of you ever doing anything classy. 
    ? Context?
  • I....just....wow. 

• This can't be for real. 
  • Ironring said:
    Don't worry, I'm sure there is no risk of you ever doing anything classy. 
    ? Context?
    Treating a deadly weapon as a thank you gift strikes me as in exceedingly poor taste. 
    Ok, thanks. I agree with you, seems like a strange choice for a thank you gift. but for some reason I read your comment as being more personal and thought it was based on previous posts or something. 
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    DH bought his GM a bottle of their favorite spirit (siete leguas tequila for one, Johnnie walker blue for another, etc.), and it went over really well with the guys.
     Guns don't strike me as classy, but I'm very anti-gun so I could be biased? Ditto PP about permits and stuff if you guys are gun people.
  • I can't.

Seriously, I just can't.

No, wait...

Still can't.

• Are your wedding colors camo and hunters' orange? That's all I can imagine when talking about guns at a wedding. Talk about classy. 
  • All I can think here is, "straw purchase."  I feel like this has the potential to open up a huge can of worms and cannot possibly end well for anyone.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Honestly, if you want to something more "guy" or masculine, I would go for a knife.
    My H got the guys a pocket knife - they're all into that - and got them engraved as well so they're more personalized. A year later, some have used them, others would prefer not to.

Guns are just no.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards