Wedding Woes

Vent...share yours

124»

Re: Vent...share yours

• Just spent all morning proofing and editing and correcting a 50-pg report that was supposed to go out last week.  It's clearly been written by a number of people who may or may not have a firm grasp on the English language, which isn't uncommon or generally a problem, but adds a little extra translation time when certain key verbs are missing.

Turned it in about 10 minutes ago, and when I came back from the break room, saw an email that said, "Oops, sent you the wrong draft, here's the current version, need it in an hour, and instead of using track changes, can you just highlight all your changes in yellow and send it to me as a separate document, marking in the original where you made changes?"

WTF?  

Get your shit together, people.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• I am so pissed right now I could spit nails.  

We changed systems for one part of my job and it's been, haphazard, to say the least.  The project manager for the system change is known as being an arrogant dickhead.   He's also never done my job. 

So we're reporting all sorts of issues and he keeps coming back and trying to tell our supervisors that we're *obviously* doing something wrong.  But we're not.  We're following the program as we were trained.  

I am really tired of my intelligence being insulted by this person.  Thankfully, I have a team meeting in an hour and there will be some grievances aired. 
  • @mrsconn23  what a dick! I feel you on the issues with system changes, we did that in April and still going through growing pains of it {slowly being fixed} But who the fuck is that person to say you're in the wrong!?
  • @mrsconn23  what a dick! I feel you on the issues with system changes, we did that in April and still going through growing pains of it {slowly being fixed} But who the fuck is that person to say you're in the wrong!?
    Thankfully, my boss knows that it's system/program issue vs. a user error.  Our team meeting was good in the fact that our boss was just as pissed as we are at this guy's attitude and that we all shared a LOT of information about what we're all experiencing.  However, with more questions than answers and a lot of wonky shit happening, it didn't really help with stress/frustration levels. 

My boss was out last week because he had a planned vacation.  They dumped this change on him about a month and a half ago, so changing his vacation wasn't really an option.  He felt bad that his co-supervisor (who's our former supe) had to pick up the slack, but they've both done a really great job doing as much as they can to help us.  

This is a change no one who actually interacts with this system wanted.  :/
  • I'm still irked about this, but last week my in-laws drove past our soon-to-be-home and advised us on the flyer/papers situation. I let my realtor know and she said she'll let the owner know.
    Owner doesn't live there, nor do they live in the city and he's older. I don't mind going every so often to pick up papers if we're allowed.

Anyways, we go and pick up the papers. Filled the tote bins we had in the trunk {thank gawd for procrastinating on bringing them in!} and decided to talk a walk around the community area to see our backyard {short fence}

THERE IS A FOREST IN MY YARD!! One is 8ft tall {no joke.} and pushed between the stone patio that's there. I'm mildly lucky that H has a jungle primitive knife that he'll be able to use to cut through that sucker, but dear gawd ....

The place is vacant {has been since before we saw it} but you'd think that when someone had to come do a couple things they would tidy up. Jeez!
  • mrsconn23 said:
    @mrsconn23  what a dick! I feel you on the issues with system changes, we did that in April and still going through growing pains of it {slowly being fixed} But who the fuck is that person to say you're in the wrong!?
    Thankfully, my boss knows that it's system/program issue vs. a user error.  Our team meeting was good in the fact that our boss was just as pissed as we are at this guy's attitude and that we all shared a LOT of information about what we're all experiencing.  However, with more questions than answers and a lot of wonky shit happening, it didn't really help with stress/frustration levels. 

My boss was out last week because he had a planned vacation.  They dumped this change on him about a month and a half ago, so changing his vacation wasn't really an option.  He felt bad that his co-supervisor (who's our former supe) had to pick up the slack, but they've both done a really great job doing as much as they can to help us.  

Oh jeez! At least you have people in your corner backing your area up! Did this person build the new system?
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited August 2016
    mrsconn23 said:
    @mrsconn23  what a dick! I feel you on the issues with system changes, we did that in April and still going through growing pains of it {slowly being fixed} But who the fuck is that person to say you're in the wrong!?

Oh jeez! At least you have people in your corner backing your area up! Did this person build the new system?
    No, but I heard from a solid source that he went outside our company to get certified for the product, threatened to leave, and they ponied up $$$ (like, doubled his salary).  This is his first big project after the certification and there are a lot of eyes on him, since they want to take it worldwide.  

The company who created the system we're using stated they were going to put down roots here in our city, and plan on hiring 300-400 people.  I've heard it's great benefits (including work-from-home) and starting salaries are around $50k + bonus. 

It makes me *very* tempted to see how much it will cost me to get certified. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    mrsconn23 said:

No, but I heard from a solid source that he went outside our company to get certified for the product, threatened to leave, and they ponied up $$$ (like, doubled his salary).  This is his first big project after the certification and there are a lot of eyes on him, since they want to take it worldwide.  

The company who created the system we're using stated they were going to put down roots here in our city, and plan on hiring 300-400 people.  I've heard it's great benefits (including work-from-home) and starting salaries are around $50k + bonus. 

It makes me *very* tempted to see how much it will cost me to get certified. 
    Holy fack!! You should take a look to at least see if it's something worth while for you ;) Your company must have really good faith in him to pay him that much!
  • I have my period for the first time in over 15 months.  I didn't miss this bitch at all.  I'm all done having kids, so go away uterus.
                            AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • My FI just told me that his mom called him last night to let him know that
    #1 - all of our friends are going to think we're stupid for sleeping at home on our wedding night (wedding/reception are in the historic district of our city, as is our apartment. Walk 5 blocks one direction and you can pay for a hotel room OR walk 5 blocks in the other direction and we're home). How is that stupid?
    #2 - The process of picking which hotel she and FFIL are going to stay at is stressing her out to the point that she wishes we would have eloped rather then have a wedding. The one we chose for our block DOESN'T HAVE A FREE BREAKFAST so the world is ending. Apparently she'd rather miss the wedding then have to pay for breakfast. 
    #1 - all of our friends are going to think we're stupid for sleeping at home on our wedding night (wedding/reception are in the historic district of our city, as is our apartment. Walk 5 blocks one direction and you can pay for a hotel room OR walk 5 blocks in the other direction and we're home). How is that stupid?

We went home on our wedding night and slept in our own bed.  It was an excellent decision.  

And has she called all your friends to verify that they will mock you? Sheesh. 
  • I think I'm more butthurt about the "I wish you would have eloped" comment. 
    Yeah, that is just...staggeringly self-centered.  How could a person actually make a statement like that with a straight face?  Narcissistic barely begins to describe it.

We haven't decided if we will do a hotel stay on our wedding night or not.  Our venue is 15-20 minutes' drive from home, depending on traffic.  Fi thinks it would be lame to take an Uber, I think it would be silly to hire a car/limo, and there is no way we are driving because it's our wedding and we love cocktails.
    If it was 5 blocks you bet we would be walking  home!
    Yeah, that is just...staggeringly self-centered.  How could a person actually make a statement like that with a straight face?  Narcissistic barely begins to describe it.

We haven't decided if we will do a hotel stay on our wedding night or not.  Our venue is 15-20 minutes' drive from home, depending on traffic.  Fi thinks it would be lame to take an Uber, I think it would be silly to hire a car/limo, and there is no way we are driving because it's our wedding and we love cocktails.

Why don't you call an uber black car? Best of both worlds!

Why don't you call an uber black car? Best of both worlds!
    That seems like a very reasonable solution!  It might be nice to stay downtown after the wedding, but I can't see it being worth the money when we have a perfectly nice house nearby.

We are staying in a hotel that night but only because I'm using the room to get ready in. I'm lazy and didn't want to clean my house to have people over. This was easier than cleaning. If I was into cleaning, I would have totally gotten ready at my house and then we would have stayed at home that night.

Do what makes you happy.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards