Option 1
22% 8 votes
Option 2
61% 22 votes
Keep looking
16% 6 votes

Re: Need your unbiased opinion on dress choices

• Welp that didn't work.  Let me try again:

• Realizing the dresses are not meant to fit you, I think option 2 is much more flattering to your neckline and gives your body a nice silhouette.  Option one is a bit boxy and does nothing for your waistline.  Your body language looks more positive in dress 2.
  • I also agree that Option 2 is more flattering and you seem more comfortable with it. With that said, this is YOUR dress. How do YOU feel? If don't love the second dress, then I'd personally keep looking while perhaps keeping that silhouette in mind.

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Just judging the dresses alone, I prefer the first one.  I think the second one is more flattering though.
  • I agree that between these two choices option 2 is the best. If you love it, buy it. If you're second guessing it, try on more.
  • The second dress looks better on you. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I like #2 on you. The lace is really pretty.

*********************************************************************************

• MobKaz said:
    Realizing the dresses are not meant to fit you, I think option 2 is much more flattering to your neckline and gives your body a nice silhouette.  Option one is a bit boxy and does nothing for your waistline.  Your body language looks more positive in dress 2.
    That was the main thing about option 1.  It looked boxy but I wasn't sure if it was because it wasn't properly sized.  Option 2 was a better fit but was much heavier.  I felt light and free with option 1 but it did look boxy.  If I could get option 1 to show off my waistline like option 2 then that would be it.  

Sooo not sure if option 1's look is due to improper fit or if that style of dress naturally comes boxy.   :/
  • I too agree that option 2 is the most flattering. If you like the material in option 1, I would keep looking.
  • If you don't really like either of them then keep looking. 
  • Doesn't sound like either of these check all your boxes. Keep looking, try on some wild cards, you'll find one you compare all other too. :)
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Try a fit and flare or trumpet style.

I agree, dress #1 outline is too boxy, it doesn't accent your waist or curves.
    Dress #2 is a much better shape, and I think it's gorgeous. But if you don't love it, don't get it.
  • That is great. Pictures?
  • Ok let's see if this works.  The waist is gonna come in more once it comes in in my size and they alter it.
  • Very, very pretty.  Glad you held out for the perfect dress!
  • debbeau said:
    Very, very pretty.  Glad you held out for the perfect dress!
  • Excellent choice! You look great!
  • Excellent choice! You look great!
    Thank you.  I'm happy about it.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards