Wedding Woes
Options

Last day of freedom, confession time.

I'll start.

1. I hate Nutella and don't understand the love.

2. I just saw the Orlando Bloom nude photos. Yeah. No comment.

3. My friend is having an affair. Scandalous. He is fine as all get out. You know Satan comes in a good package. I will not be telling her husband, but a small part thinks he sorta deserves it because he has had several affairs over 15 years. Just a mess.

Ok. Go........

Re: Last day of freedom, confession time.

• Options
    I'll start.

1. I hate Nutella and don't understand the love.

2. I just saw the Orlando Bloom nude photos. Yeah. No comment.

3. My friend is having an affair. Scandalous. He is fine as all get out. You know Satan comes in a good package. I will not be telling her husband, but a small part thinks he sorta deserves it because he has had several affairs over 15 years. Just a mess.

Ok. Go........
    ME TOO!

I also do not get the Nutella love.

I do not get the Bachelor/Bachelorette at all.  Why is this entertainment?   And while I'm at is it seems like 80% of "unscripted" shows are actually scripted.  I do not get the love. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    As someone who enjoys Nutella, it is definitely an acquired taste.

and ack! Affairs are awkward ...
  • Options
    Y'all, are no fun. :(
  • Options
    Half my coworkers are getting on my nerves today.
  • Options
    I get off work in 90 minutes and I haven't done any work today.
  • Options
    1.  I've loved Nutella from the first moment it crossed my lips.  Do you like hazelnuts in general?  That would seem to be key.

2.  I wish I'd had an affair on exDH, especially since that's what he accuses me of now.  That's cruel...and it's true.

3.  My other co-chair on the Pride committee has been complaining that other people don't respect him as much as they respect me.  Part of me is trying to be understanding...the other part thinks he's just pissed off b/c he's a man and the woman seems to be more in charge.
  • Options
    bleve0821bleve0821 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2016
    I told DH I would take his name, but I don't want to change my name at all, so I've been putting it off for months and using "we're moving" as an excuse.

I got irrationally upset with him when he said, "Make your maiden your middle name.  There!  Problem solved."

I also haven't done any work today, and looking back, I don't think I could tell you what I did instead.

Someone I can't stand but have to deal with more than I really think I should has gained a lot of weight over the last couple of years, and this secretly makes me very, very happy.

ETF grammar

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    I had to google the Orlando Bloom thing. I was more shocked that he was with Katy Perry.  How did I not know that?

• Options
    I had to google the Orlando Bloom thing. I was more shocked that he was with Katy Perry.  How did I not know that?
    I just googled it too and, well, that's...interesting. Seems like an odd thing to do naked, but who am I to judge?
  • Options
    edited August 2016

My office mate lives what I consider to be a very extravagant lifestyle. She gets a mani/pedi every 2 weeks (with pretty extravagant designs), gets her hair colored and cut every 4 weeks, gets eyelash extensions every 2 weeks, gets a facial every 2 weeks, and buys at least one new Michael Kors purse every weekend.

She talks about it all the time. I try to act interested, but sometimes I just want to tell her to STFU when she's telling me about that stuff. DH and I can barely pay our bills, and I do mean barely.

ETA words

• Options
    I just googled it too and, well, that's...interesting. Seems like an odd thing to do naked, but who am I to judge?
    Not only that, but the pictures I saw of Katy made me wonder if she even knew a hot naked guy was paddling right behind her?  That would not be my facial expression had I been her.  ps - I only saw the pixelated version. 

• Options

My office mate lives what I consider to be a very extravagant lifestyle. She gets a mani/pedi every 2 weeks (with pretty extravagant designs), gets her hair colored and cut every 4 weeks, gets eyelash extensions every 2 weeks, gets a facial every 2 weeks, and buys at least one new Michael Kors purse every weekend.

Sometimes, I just want to tell her to STFU when she's telling me about that stuff. DH and I can barely pay our bills, and I do mean barely.

I had a friend once who was like that. Then she told me the truth of how they were so broke that her dad was buying their groceries, they were about to have their house foreclosed and their cars repossessed. I made a passive aggressive status on facebook about some friends (her included) always complaining about being broke but still trying to keep up with the Joneses and she decided that I was jealous of her because they went to Vegas. I normally wouldn't post up something I'm told in confidence, but I called her out on her mortgage, cars, and the fact that she told me the week before that she was jealous because we had gone to Rome. That was when I learned that those people are only showing you what they want you to see and that I shouldn't be jealous. 
  • Options
    I'm extremely superstitious. I don't like to kill spiders or destroy their webs, but FW hates spiders, so I do it anyway. I knock on wood and throw spilled salt over my shoulder, and I dread full moons because it seems like situations at work get crazier than usual.
  • Options
    I just started a new job and I'm actively looking to change careers and not telling anyone (besides you all, please don't dox me and put me to my boss). It's awkward but for now, until I figure things out and have more solid plans I'm keeping it to myself. Feels a little wrong. 

Im going to visit my sister this weekend and I love her, but sometimes she annoys the shit out of me. She often gets super drunk and dominated the conversation and I just find that annoying. 
  • Options
    Yeah, what happens if he smacks himself in the nuts? Nothing keeping the boys in place, there, dear.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options

Sometimes, I just want to tell her to STFU when she's telling me about that stuff. DH and I can barely pay our bills, and I do mean barely.

I had a friend once who was like that. Then she told me the truth of how they were so broke that her dad was buying their groceries, they were about to have their house foreclosed and their cars repossessed. I made a passive aggressive status on facebook about some friends (her included) always complaining about being broke but still trying to keep up with the Joneses and she decided that I was jealous of her because they went to Vegas. I normally wouldn't post up something I'm told in confidence, but I called her out on her mortgage, cars, and the fact that she told me the week before that she was jealous because we had gone to Rome. That was when I learned that those people are only showing you what they want you to see and that I shouldn't be jealous. 

I also hate the people who are kinda the opposite of that. "Oh you're going out of town? You're SO LUCKY!" or "I wish I could afford to go to Bears games."

Bitch, I buy new clothes like twice a decade and I'm currently wearing my sister's bra. I've never gotten my hair colored and I get trims at Hair Cuttery. Don't act like you don't have shit because I manage my money differently than you do.

Totally agree. Either extreme is so annoying to me. 

• Options

She talks about it all the time. I try to act interested, but sometimes I just want to tell her to STFU when she's telling me about that stuff. DH and I can barely pay our bills, and I do mean barely.

ETA words

Ugh!  I had a former coworker like that.  She would buy 2-3 Coach purses a month.  What would I even do with that many purses?  Also used $36K of her Home Equity Line of Credit to buy a sports car.  Yet, would chastise me if I mentioned I went gambling at Harrahs.  I get that playing video poker is not a wise financial move, but that is one of my forms of entertainment.  At least my luxury spending sometimes pays me back as opposed to the black hole spending of dozens of designer purses.

I had a different coworker who would lease a new luxury car every 1-2 years.  Because (her words) she just gets bored driving the same vehicle all the time.  I'm sure driving a 2-year-old BMW was such a drag.  Of course, she needed to exchange it in for an Escalade, lol.

Logically, I know, I know, I don't get to dictate how people spend their money, just like my one coworker irritated me when she commented on how I spent some of mine.  But it's so fun to vent and be snarky on an anonymous forum :).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My confession:  my mom is doing these group texts to update us on how she's doing.  Which I totally get.  People are concerned.  She doesn't want 15 people calling/texting/emailing to see how she's doing when all she wants to do is sleep.  Totally get that.

Just the same, I could live without her older church lady friends replying-all with their "Praise Jesus!"es.  I ran to Michael's at lunch and my text alert was bing-ing every 90 seconds.  The last time this happened, I muted the convo and then missed a request from my mom and felt shitty, so I guess I just have to suck it up and deal.  And confess here.

*** Just got another "Jesus be praised!!!!"  Oh-kay.
  • Options
    And since I can't ETA, I will just add a new confession:  my boss is out of the office.  His boss took the afternoon off.  My colleague across the hall is leaving early to get his A/C in his car fixed.  For now (knock on all the wood) I am completely caught up.  I have a feeling I'll be leaving early, myself.

Earlier, I used the Harris Teeter online ordering app for the first time, instead of their website, and accidentally defaulted to a 3:00 pickup.  I think it's a sign.
  • Options
    I have been slacking off so hard on work because we're not being held to numbers.   And I hate our new process so much that I am out of fucks to give.  But I will work another shit-load of OT next week because it's easy money.  I plan to try to step it up a bit more and blame this week on 'learning the ropes', if questioned.  ;) 

I side-eye DH's cousin.  She's newly pregnant, just announced this week.  I think she's almost at the end of her 1st Tri (I tried to do the math in my head and gave up).   But in scrolling her FB feed, I noticed a pic she was tagged in.  She gave her best friend (I think?) a box with a note that said, "It wasn't just the two of us at the beach!" and a positive pregnancy test.  First of all, she went to the beach with her husband and second of all, you gave your BFF something you peed on.  It was very...odd. 
  • Options
    I'm off for two months of the summer so I hang out with my dog and take classes. But I am pissed waiting for DH to come back from golfing with his friends on a Friday evening.

Totally get the bachlor/baclorette hate but when you have a kick ass fantasy league (draft, points for going forward, saying things like " I'm not here to make friends") and only watch with a group of women and copious amounts of wine and brie...might change your mind.

• Options
    SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I love Nutella. I will eat all the Nutella.

I also can't stand the Bachelor/Bachelorette. Whenever a contestant says something like, "We spent all night in the hot tub, and he kissed me and told me how special I am *gush* *gush* *gush*".... yeah, you and every other girl there.

However, I have watched my fair share of bad TV. I used to be a Housewives of Orange County and New York girl. I think I loved to hate them. Like I'd never actually want to be you, but can I have some of your money?

Best reality TV show I have ever watched (legit) was Ru Paul's Drag Race. There was some awesome talent there!
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I really want to try that triple/double crunch wrap supreme from taco bell. I talk myself out of it almost everyday. It will never live up to my expectations.
  • Options
    I'm obsessed with WAGS (TV show about the wives and girlfriends of sports stars). I think it's part fantastic bad tv and part a sociological study. Most of the husbands aren't even big name athletes and the women all exclusively date athletes. Relationships, and thus friendships, are totally ranked, wives being top tier which I almost get in this environment.  FI is going out for drinks tonight so I get to catch up and can't wait!

Plus, there is so much bad wedding etiquette this season it's delicious. 

• Options
    I really want to try that triple/double crunch wrap supreme from taco bell. I talk myself out of it almost everyday. It will never live up to my expectations.
    I wish the commercials could show what you REALLY get.  TB is my guilty pleasure.  

• Options
    I wish the commercials could show what you REALLY get.  TB is my guilty pleasure.  
    My house is literally one block away from Taco Bueno (a rival of Taco Bell in my area) and it takes everything I have not to eat there every day. I like Bell, too, and I'd probably eat there a lot if it were a block instead of Bueno, but I really like that Bueno makes everything in store.
  • Options

Haha!  So my confession is I've HAD one of the triple crunch wraps.  I do not have the willpower of you ladies.

The truth?  It was pretty good and I would order it again.  I'm not a big fan of the "wraps", in general.  That is too much tortilla for me.  But it would be a mess otherwise, so I understand the need.  At least for this item.

The crispy tortillas inside the wrap do lose some of their "crisp" texture, from the heat of the "smoosh" equipment.  And...mmmm...the heat of the ooey-gooey cheese sauce.  Wait, what was I talking about, lol?  But they still retain some crisp and are at least not soggy.

It also has a nice amount of the seasoned beef and other ingredients.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards