Wedding Party
Options

out of town peepz being last minute

we have had our date picked for a year now and everyone has known about it.

Brother and Sister in Law and their daughters (groomsmen, bridesmaid and flower girls)  who live 8 hours away just informed me that are leaving their home the day before the wedding, that afternoon.

Which means they will all miss the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner and all be exhausted the day of the wedding....

UGH!

Re: out of town peepz being last minute

• Options
    I am assuming your wedding is on a Saturday.
    Perhaps they didn't want to burn vacation days to take off Friday (or even part of Thursday). I get 15 days of vacation a year. A day of that is more important to me than a rehearsal and dinner.
    It's nice to get a chance to rehearse but most weddings are simple enough that people of normal intelligence can wing it. Don't stress out. I'm sure it will still be beautiful.

Unless your wedding is early in the morning on Saturday I wouldn't worry about their being tired. And even if they are, I wouldn't worry about it. They won't be so tired that they can't walk down an aisle and that's all they need to do so it's sweet of you to be concerned about them but I'm sure they'll be fine.

Now, if you were required to give a headcount for the rehearsal dinner and it's too late to change it, that is regrettable and worth being annoyed about, but only for a few minutes. You're getting married soon. Don't sweat the small stuff, like this. Be happy! Good luck with upcoming wedding.
  • Options
    I'm sure this is frustrating, especially if you wanted them at the rehearsal dinner, but just be happy they're able to make it to your wedding at all! Trust that they're doing what's best for their family so they can be at your wedding.

I'd recommend just having a nice big glass of wine and watching those beautiful swimmers at the olympics tonight ;) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its

we have had our date picked for a year now and everyone has known about it.

Brother and Sister in Law and their daughters (groomsmen, bridesmaid and flower girls)  who live 8 hours away just informed me that are leaving their home the day before the wedding, that afternoon.

Which means they will all miss the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner and all be exhausted the day of the wedding....

UGH!

Am I missing something?  How many days before the wedding are guests supposed to leave?  They sound like good peepz to me.

• Options
    First breath...ok now realize, this isn't the end of the world. The other bridal party members can fill your brother and SIL and where they need to stand. Just have someone give them a quick run down of the venue before the guests arrive if possible. As for the flower girls, all they need to know is to walk down the isle and where to sit/stand at the end. Yes, it would be nice if they were there for everything, but they can't be. Maybe they couldn't get time off from work to come in sooner. Just because they knew about the date for a year and probably put in to have the time off, doesn't mean that they got approved for the time off. Have some red bull on hand for the adults and something loaded with sugar for the child. Just kidding on the sugar thing. I get that traveling 8 hours by car can be exhausting, but they will be fine I'm sure.  
  • Options
    Don't worry it will be fine.  My MOH arrived after the rehearsal and my sister was getting her nails done.  We got another girl and my sisters husband to 'stand in' and enough people knew what was happening to fill in the others on the day.  We also told my dad and FI that they could skip it to entertain our guests as they didn't have anything complicated to do.  
  • Options
    levioosa said:
    Ok? They don't need to attend the rehearsal or the dinner. And why would they be exhausted the day of the wedding? Even if they are, why does it matter? Do you have them all scheduled to run a Tough Mudder that day? Are they physically carrying guests to their seats? Deadlifting banquet chairs and ice sculptures for cocktail hour entertainment? I don't get it. 
    Omg, do you remember that bride who was going to make her WP do the Tough Mudder with her and the groom the morning of the wedding? 
    Wait...WHAT???!!!

• Options
    SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    levioosa said:
    Ok? They don't need to attend the rehearsal or the dinner. And why would they be exhausted the day of the wedding? Even if they are, why does it matter? Do you have them all scheduled to run a Tough Mudder that day? Are they physically carrying guests to their seats? Deadlifting banquet chairs and ice sculptures for cocktail hour entertainment? I don't get it. 
    Omg, do you remember that bride who was going to make her WP do the Tough Mudder with her and the groom the morning of the wedding? 
    Yes!

OP "It will be SO much fun and a bonding experience to have our BP do the Tough Mudder with us".
    So many posters said, "Well sure, but the DAY of your wedding? Are you going to have TIME to do this?"
    OP "Oh yeah, were all pretty fit and fast"
    Posters "What if it starts late? What if one of your group members is slower than the others?"
    OP "We have a start time, that won't happen".
    P "You're all going to be covered in mud, which you have to wash off and then go get your hair and MU done as well as get dressed"
    OP "Not a problem"
    P "Not uncommon for someone to get hurt doing these, what if someone sprains an ankle?"
    OP "No worries, someone else can carry them down the aisle"

Wonder what happened with that...
  • Options
    SP29 said:
    levioosa said:
    Yes!

OP "It will be SO much fun and a bonding experience to have our BP do the Tough Mudder with us".
    So many posters said, "Well sure, but the DAY of your wedding? Are you going to have TIME to do this?"
    OP "Oh yeah, were all pretty fit and fast"
    Posters "What if it starts late? What if one of your group members is slower than the others?"
    OP "We have a start time, that won't happen".
    P "You're all going to be covered in mud, which you have to wash off and then go get your hair and MU done as well as get dressed"
    OP "Not a problem"
    P "Not uncommon for someone to get hurt doing these, what if someone sprains an ankle?"
    OP "No worries, someone else can carry them down the aisle"

Wonder what happened with that...
    I had forgotten about that one. Yeah it would be interesting to know how that turned out.
  • Options
    levioosa said:
    I'm so glad you got that! ;)
  • Options

Your peepz will be at the event that matters, the wedding.  So chill out and have a drink.

I had a BM who was going to drive almost 2 hours one way for my R and RD and then drive back home afterwards, so she could work on Thursday.  I flat out told her not to come.  I didn't want her to have to drive 4 hours in quick succession and then have to go to work the next day.  Also, one of my MOH couldn't make it because she had school.  So the other MOH filled her in on where to stand and when, during the ceremony.

I stood in for a MOH at a rehearsal because when we all left the hotel together to go to the venue for the rehearsal, they put the wrong address in the GPS.  They didn't get to the venue until we were all done and getting ready to head for dinner.  The next day, I just whispered in her ear when there was something she needed to do.  No one was the wiser because all eyes were on the B&G, not the people standing off to the side!

All will be right with the world! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards