Attire & Accessories Forum

dress

theknotsarahtheknotsarah member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
edited August 2016 in Attire & Accessories Forum
What does everyone think of this dress?

Re: dress

• Honestly I'm not a fan of the top (how sheer it is) I love the neckline and sleeves. The shape looks great on you. 
    Just comes down to personal preference. 

Also, I dunno how you got into a size four! I'm around your size and my friend came
    dreas shopping with me and I was making her try on the smaller dresses to have a better idea of fit haha 
  • I think I would love it if the lace wasn't appearing so shear. I love lace, but I think it needs something behind it.
  • This was a sample which didn't have the lining seen in yet. Once completed it will have a nude lining and won't be see through... I'm more concerned about the fit since someone told me I was too fat for the style and it was designed for a skinnier person... I'm also getting married in June so I am wondering if it would be good for the season? I appreciate the feedback! 
  • This was a sample which didn't have the lining seen in yet. Once completed it will have a nude lining and won't be see through... I'm more concerned about the fit since someone told me I was too fat for the style and it was designed for a skinnier person... I'm also getting married in June so I am wondering if it would be good for the season? I appreciate the feedback! 
    My photographer friend says she's seen many a bride pouring sweat in their gowns. Do you feel like it's airy enough? Are you having an outdoor or indoor wedding?

i think it will look better with something behind it. I still say it looks good on your body. 

fwiw, you look small in that picture! So I think it compliments your body. 
  • Thanks so much! It's early June so I'm hoping it's not too hot and the top is pretty much mostly mesh. It's also going to have a slit in the leg. 
  • IMO - It screams vintage 70's, but again as PP pointed out - personal preference.

But addressing the moron who made the "too fat for that style" comment - imagine they've been properly flogged for being demeaning and rude.  You're a size 12 for cripes sake, and IMO very beautifully figured.  The only question you need to ask is "Do I love everything about the dress and how it looks/feels on me such that I want to wear it on my wedding day?" (and if that's a size4 sample and you're traditionally a 12, I'd be more concerned about ordering the 12 and it coming in HUGE for you and needing tons of alterations)...  I usually go clothes shopping with the attitude that if I have to talk myself in to purchasing something, I don't like it enough to own it and actually wear it. 

• Here's a better idea of how the finished dress looks. And it will be custom made to my measurements 
  • theknotsarahtheknotsarah member
    edited August 2016
  • theknotsarahtheknotsarah member
    edited August 2016
    Depending on where you are getting married, I think it would be to hot for a June wedding. It looks more like a dress for a fall/winter wedding because of the sleeves and neckline. I know in Indiana it would be to hot. As far as your size - good grief who says something like that! You are NOT too fat for that style.
  • The dress is gorgeous, and I wish I were a size 12. You are not fat, certainly not too fat for the dress!
  • I think it's gorgeous and was definitely made for a woman with curves!  Screw the person who said you were too fat for it; that's just hurtful. 

However, yeah I can't imagine many places cool enough for those sleeves in June. 
  • I'm not loving the lace-over-nude-mesh, honestly. It makes me think of those awful Pnina Tornai gowns. You have a lovely figure, but IMO no one should look like they're semi-naked at a wedding. I also think sleeves will be too hot, even mesh. I don't know where you live, but I got married indoors in June and felt like I was sweating a lot in my (sheer cap sleeve) dress.
  • I like the lace look more with the lining that was shown in your extra pictures. If you think you'll be fine with the temp, I would go for it.
  • I agree with most PP's, I think your figure looks great in the dress and if it is the one it is the one. I also think that it would be easy to alter it to remove the sleeves to make it sleeveless so it would be better suited for a hot July wedding, given the temperatures in you area. 
  • justsie said:
    I agree with most PP's, I think your figure looks great in the dress and if it is the one it is the one. I also think that it would be easy to alter it to remove the sleeves to make it sleeveless so it would be better suited for a hot July wedding, given the temperatures in you area. 

Yes, even short sleeves would be a lot cooler.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards