Wedding Party

What do you think of this gift?

edited August 2016 in Wedding Party
My cousin is one of my BMs and is very prone to migraines, muscle aches, anxiety, and insomnia. I was thinking about getting her a hot/cold pad, an herbal balm that's good for relieving headaches, and herbal tea that's good for anxiety, plus a tea infuser. I also got her a book about J.R.R. Tolkien, since she's a fan. Do you think the other items would be an appropriate gift, or should I go back to the drawing board?

ETA: She also likes Harry Potter and sci-fi/fantasy in general.

Re: What do you think of this gift?

• Yup I love it. My SIL for me sore muscle balm and and a massage oil as part of my gift because I had knee surgery and have to do a lot of physical therapy. It was really thoughtful. 
  • You say she's into fantasy/sci fi...Do you know if she likes Star Wars or Doctor Who?  I know both of them have tea infusers ( the Death Star or the TARDIS)--a little pricier than a normal infuser, around $20 probably, but if it's in your budget I'm sure she'd get a kick out of it.  I think the anti-headache/anti-anxiety gift is a great idea!
  • missfrodo said:
    You say she's into fantasy/sci fi...Do you know if she likes Star Wars or Doctor Who?  I know both of them have tea infusers ( the Death Star or the TARDIS)--a little pricier than a normal infuser, around $20 probably, but if it's in your budget I'm sure she'd get a kick out of it.  I think the anti-headache/anti-anxiety gift is a great idea!

That is such a cool idea!
  • It seems kinda off for me. Like, fancy first aid? And it also makes my gift all about something that is a not awesome part of my life. 
  • As a migraine sufferer, I think it's a great gift. Nothing ever works to relieve migraines 100% of the time but one of the best remedies for me was an essential oil that my friend gave me as a gift. I think if you give those items along with the book and maybe the themed tea infuser suggested above, it would make a really thoughtful gift. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards