Attire & Accessories Forum

My suit came in! Which blouse to wear with it?

Re: My suit came in! Which blouse to wear with it?

• edited August 2016
    The blue is my favorite but will require buying a new bra, as will the pink floral. The grey came with the suit. Our housemate, who is one of our BMs, likes the blue best, too.
  • I personally like the gray or floral better. The sleeves showing through the jacket with the blue one would bother me.
  • I totally love the first one. Very elegant 
  • I like the blue best. The sleeves thing wouldn't bother me 
  • First one!  Very special.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I do not like the blue with the gray at all. I think the first one looks lovely. 
  • I like the first three best.   I like the blue but not against the suit.  
  • I like the gray the best!
  • My next question: if I wear the grey, can I get away with wearing gold jewelry with it? I have an antiqued gold locket and amethyst earrings from my grandmother that I would like to wear.
  • I think you can wear whatever jewelry you want with it. Silver/white gold may pair slightly better but if you keep to one colour of metal, I think it will be fine. The sentiment behind the jewelry would make it special.
  • I like the first one best. I think your grandmother's jewelry would be fine.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I like the blue best. But I say wear what makes you feel best and most comfortable in. Grandma's jewelry will go well with anything, I think.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• All three options are lovely.  If you like the blue best, wear the blue! You always look your best and most radiant when you are wearing your favorite things.
  • I like the top one best, as I think it's the most cohesive look.  The blue is a lovely top, but I think it would match better with a darker pair of slacks.  Maybe it's a good choice for a rehearsal dinner outfit?
  • What shoes would you ladies recommend? As you can see, the pants are a little long and will have to be hemmed, so I'd like to wear something with a little bit of heel, not too much.
  • I also vote for the first one.  Maybe you can pair it with a gray, low heeled sandal?
  • or a gray/silver wedge

• SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I vote the first blouse.

I like the blue top on it's own, but it doesn't stand out enough for me to be your wedding suit. And maybe it's just the photo, but the black lace detail of the shirt gets lost, where as the details on the grey shirt pop. The first outfit says "wedding" to me, where as the second says "work".

You can absolutely mix your metals. Your grey suit has a sheen to it, so it looks a little metallic-y (silver); you can definitely where gold jewelry. Or you could go pearls set on silver.

As for the shoes, I'd either go silver/grey to match the suit, or if you are doing gold jewelry, try on a gold shoe and see how it looks.
  • Black shoes always work.  You probably already have some you like.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragain said:
    Black shoes always work.  You probably already have some you like.
    I do have a pair of black dress shoes, but they're in terrible shape. Time to go shopping!  :)
  • Well, the floral, although pretty, is out of the running. I wore it to work today, and the zipper kept coming down (it zips in the back)! Fortunately, I was wearing a shrug over it. 

I asked our other BMs, and they also prefer the grey. 
  • I like the color and beading and cohesiveness of he grey, but I think the longer length on the other two looks better. Wish there was a merger of the floral and the grey!

but any of hem would look nice. 
  • I like the first one too! (sorry, I'm late to this party)

• I like the color and beading and cohesiveness of he grey, but I think the longer length on the other two looks better. Wish there was a merger of the floral and the grey!

but any of hem would look nice. 
    The longer length is exactly why I liked the blue best when I first tried them on. I'm going to need a shaper no matter what, but at least the blue conceals some of my stomach. 

I do love the detail on the grey, though. I think that may be my choice.
  • I think the grey is beautiful!
  • The gray, because the other two I would totally wear to work - in fact, I may have the floral!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards