Attire & Accessories Forum

Veil regrets/need your opinions!

I am having veil regrets and need some opinions! 

When I started shopping for my wedding dress, I had wanted something really simple/flowy. I couldn't find anything like that that looked good on me/came in my size/in white. I settled on a poofier sort of fancy dress. 
When it came to finding my perfect veil, I also ended up settling cause I couldn't find the one I imagined in my head (and saw on Pinterest haha). 

I went for my final dress fitting (hopefully final) AND THERE WAS THE VEIL. 

I already bought one and couldn't exchange it. Should I eat the cost of the old veil (and try to sell it?) and have my perfect veil or just deal with it?

Which veil do you think would go better with my dress?
Also, should I wear any jewelry/what kind? 
Thank you! 

(First picture is the veil I have now, but mine is a little shorter. Second picture is the one I want. Last two are my dress, but mine is white. Dress is shorter and stops a little above my ankles)

Re: Veil regrets/need your opinions!

• How much is the second one? I bought the birdcage lace on eBay and made my own veil for less than 20...easy peasy.

Either way, I think the birdcage would look better, but as a fellow birdcage bride I might be biased.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• I'm pretty sure I just bought that birdcage veil at hobby lobby a few weeks ago. I agree, with a shorter dress the birdcage would be my choice.
  • justsie said:
    I'm pretty sure I just bought that birdcage veil at hobby lobby a few weeks ago. I agree, with a shorter dress the birdcage would be my choice.
    Ohh ill check them out then! 

How much is the second one? I bought the birdcage lace on eBay and made my own veil for less than 20...easy peasy.

Either way, I think the birdcage would look better, but as a fellow birdcage bride I might be biased.
    I would probably mess up making my own haha. The second one is about $70 from David's bridal drglitter said:
    I think the second veil goes better with your dress. For jewelry, drop earrings and a bracelet? Pearls would look nice if that's a look you like.

Your dress is beautiful.
    I was thinking pearls. My grandmother gave me a pearl bracelet when she passed. Would be a sweet reminder of her too. 

Thanks ladies!
  • Another vote for the birdcage veil!  A lot of craft stores sell them cheap and while I don't regret the veil I had I regret not looking for a better price when I bought it.

Also I would just do a nice drop style earring and a bracelet for jewelry.  I think a necklace would be too much going on.  Love the dress btw!

• Pretty sure the David trutola (sp?) at Michael's has an inexpensive birdcage minus the rhinestones too. I wouldn't pay 50 more for the few rhinestones.

I promise it's ridiculously easy to make it. Trust me, I'm not crafty, just photo-graphy.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• I love birdcage veils and think it would look great with your dress.  Have you searched etsy?  They have a bunch in the $20ish range.  

https://www.etsy.com/listing/58244971/9-inch-frenchrussian-netting-birdcage?ref=market

https://www.etsy.com/listing/202770696/bandeau-veil-birdcage-veil-wedding-veil?ref=market

Don't pay David's that much!!
  • SwissMs said:
    I love birdcage veils and think it would look great with your dress.  Have you searched etsy?  They have a bunch in the $20ish range.  

https://www.etsy.com/listing/58244971/9-inch-frenchrussian-netting-birdcage?ref=market

https://www.etsy.com/listing/202770696/bandeau-veil-birdcage-veil-wedding-veil?ref=market

Don't pay David's that much!!
    I can't believe I didn't even think about etsy! I feel like I got so caught up in just looking at bridal shops. I use etsy for everything 

thank you all so much! I'm gonna bite the bullet and buy a birdcage veil 
  • i was in your same boat i bought a fingertip veil from a website that specializes in bridal accessories i went in for my fitting and the veil was to short it was not even fingertip size.  she brings out this veil that matches my dress completely and i try it on and its the one. she ended up buying the veil i purchased and i got the new one at a discount.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards