• Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Wedding Party

What do you think of this gift?

OurWildKingdomOurWildKingdom in the 216 member
2500 Comments 500 Love Its Third Anniversary 5 Answers
edited August 2016 in Wedding Party
My cousin is one of my BMs and is very prone to migraines, muscle aches, anxiety, and insomnia. I was thinking about getting her a hot/cold pad, an herbal balm that's good for relieving headaches, and herbal tea that's good for anxiety, plus a tea infuser. I also got her a book about J.R.R. Tolkien, since she's a fan. Do you think the other items would be an appropriate gift, or should I go back to the drawing board?

ETA: She also likes Harry Potter and sci-fi/fantasy in general.

Re: What do you think of this gift?

• Yup I love it. My SIL for me sore muscle balm and and a massage oil as part of my gift because I had knee surgery and have to do a lot of physical therapy. It was really thoughtful. 
    OurWildKingdomlc07
  • You say she's into fantasy/sci fi...Do you know if she likes Star Wars or Doctor Who?  I know both of them have tea infusers ( the Death Star or the TARDIS)--a little pricier than a normal infuser, around $20 probably, but if it's in your budget I'm sure she'd get a kick out of it.  I think the anti-headache/anti-anxiety gift is a great idea!
    OurWildKingdomernursejPaperTigersx
  • missfrodo said:
    You say she's into fantasy/sci fi...Do you know if she likes Star Wars or Doctor Who?  I know both of them have tea infusers ( the Death Star or the TARDIS)--a little pricier than a normal infuser, around $20 probably, but if it's in your budget I'm sure she'd get a kick out of it.  I think the anti-headache/anti-anxiety gift is a great idea!

That is such a cool idea!
  • It seems kinda off for me. Like, fancy first aid? And it also makes my gift all about something that is a not awesome part of my life. 
  • As a migraine sufferer, I think it's a great gift. Nothing ever works to relieve migraines 100% of the time but one of the best remedies for me was an essential oil that my friend gave me as a gift. I think if you give those items along with the book and maybe the themed tea infuser suggested above, it would make a really thoughtful gift. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards