Not Engaged Yet

Tuesday?

Let's give this a try! Maybe TK has worked out its wonkiness. 

GOOD MORNING! 

Today is my engagediversary! H asked me to marry him 5 years ago which is insane to think about. I can't believe how quickly time flies by. I think a couple of you guys were also around back then. I'd been posting here for about 2-3 months at that point. 

And while we're on the subject of time flying... how the HELL is tomorrow the last day of August and summer about to end? I can't wrap my brain around it. 

That's all I got for now. 

Re: Tuesday?

• @Swazzle yay you can post! Happy engagediversary! I was definitely not here when that happened but I wish I was! I love hearing about people's wedding plans, as long as they aren't BSC. Nevermind sometimes that's fun too.

@LizzyTish88 ahh themed practices! Makes me nostalgic for high school. We also used to do 1 themed practice a year in college for rugby and it was the most fun practice of the whole season!

@speakeasy14 oooh house hunting..exciting!

@labro Welcome home! Can't wait to see what the siding looks like when it's all finished.

Last night was relaxing for us too. H and I re-made an old Blue Apron recipe we had gotten - it turned out pretty good! Then we watched the last episode of The Night Of.. I'm kinda "meh" about the whole season. I don't know what it is but I think the whole thing could have been done a lot better. I still would watch any future seasons though.

This morning I got up early and went for a 5 mile run, so that feels good to have that out of the way. I have 0 meetings today so I'll just try and crank some work out at my desk. It's my manager's last week in the office before maternity leave so I want to try and get her opinion on as much stuff as possible!

• @Swazzle yaaay thanks for posting! Everything looks BEAUTIFUL, what a great trip!
  • @beachyone15 Parties and my parents/ILs coming over are almost ALWAYS my motivation to finally get some projects done and deep clean the house lol! 20 people is a lot but manageable! Let me know if you want any ideas on things to make!

I'm so glad your HOA approved the roof color! What a pain!

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2016
    @TwoDimes Surprise coffees from Mom are always the best!! I'm glad you had such a good start to your day!

PS - Is Indy's new toy still alive?

• @cu97tiger I did the same thing! There were a few things where I was like "there is no way that x would happen..." Especially after the finale. H just kept side-eyeing me which is code for "shhhhh".

@beachyone15 Excellent news on the roof! And trust me, I did lay in bed for like 30 seconds after my alarm went off at 5 this morning contemplating another hour of sleep.

@TwoDimes Mom's are SERIOUSLY the best! What a great start to the morning.

@LizzyTish88 Glad I'm not the only one who felt that way about The Night Of! I feel like I'm supposed to love it or something. I wish I loved it more.
  • @TwoDimes

Oh I forgot to mention, maybe in December I'll just start sharing our annual list of bookclub books here. If anyone is interested in reading along then they can?

• @PamBeesly524

We just thought there would be something crazy that happened. BF thought maybe he would have a flashback while doing drugs that he actually killed her and I thought maybe something crazy would happen like he would be found not guilty and then get killed or something. Seemed to be twists and turns up until the end.
    friends tv show funy
  • @TwoDimes Yeah, we need to actually make a game plan and get all the little stuff done with our house.  Nothing major, we just kinda took a break from remodeling (finish backsplash, finish 1/2 bath, install fan in upstairs bathroom, paint front porch and back deck).  This past Sunday was our two year anniversary of our closing date, so we officially can move onto the next project.  The plan is once the next house is done that we move into that and rent out our current house. Right now, all we really want is something with a bigger yard for the dog. 
  • @TwoDimes - How nice! That would have totally made my morning.

@labro - We are having everyone over at 2:00pm so we were thinking of just snacks/finger foods. H really wants those frozen pizza rolls (which is odd bc I've never seen him eat them before, lol), chips and veggies, dip, crock pot meatballs, queso, watermelon, and some sort of dessert. Any other ideas/things we are missing?
    We are also having plenty of drinks (mostly beer/cider since it's mid-day) and we are putting out a bunch of lawn games. Hopefully it's not crazy hot!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @LizzyTish88 agree on all counts!

• @beachyone15 Ain't nothin' wrong with adding a meat and cheese tray to that? Also, I love love love those pizza rolls lol! I never eat them either but damn if they aren't a delicious cheater food.

@TwoDimes Oh noooooooooo! I totally thought she would dismember him first. So vicious!

• OMG PIZZA ROLLS.

• PamBeesly524PamBeesly524 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2016
    Sidenote: I have a coupon to Under Armour for $40 off $100. Anyone have any favorite running leggings or other clothes from Under Armour that they recommend? I think I'm going to stock up on colder weather stuff now, but I'm open to anything!
  • @beachyone15 - SEE YOU SOON! 

• @PamBeesly524 I was going to recommend my sports bra from there but I just looked at the website and they must only sell this particular style at the outlet.

• @PamBeesly524 I have leggings like THESE. They are fleece lined and so nice and warm in the cold winter. 
    friends tv show funy
  • @PamBeesly524 your job is awesome!
  • @PamBeesly524 your job is awesome! I have this in black and love it for skiing/winter in general:  
    Women’s UA ColdGear® ½ Zip | Under Armour US

• @Swazzle @speakeasy14 It's days like this that make all the normal work BS juuuust a little more bearable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards