Snarky Brides

Good Saturday Morning!

Hello ladies!

I've been up since about 8:30, H really cant be quiet.

Today we have nothing much going on, H has a honey do list going.

Whats up today? Anything fun?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Good Saturday Morning!

• Good morning!  I've been up since 6.  Vacation is over tomorrow, so I need to get back to a normal wake-up time.  It was so nice to sleep in all week, though.

We're cleaning and packing up the tent trailer and gear for the season today.  I need to clean the cushions and get them dry for storage.

Other than that, we're smoking some chicken and undecided about everything else.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Yum smoking chicken! I think we are going to the store to get everything for chili this weekend.

• Morning!

My house smells like meat.  We're making jerky this whole weekend so the sehydrator has been running since noon yesterday.  Meat smells everywhere.  It's mildly annoying but since it's just a once every few month thing and we can escape out of the house today, I'll deal.  It's worth it.

No real plans today other than the usual Saturday events.  Grocery shopping, organize something (probably the pantry since it needs it desperately), yardwork in the form of a little winterizing,  an online quiz at some point, and probably vegging in front of the tv.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-saturday-morning-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f1c2d462-74de-4082-8a22-76083563b028Post:b71f0b71-df6b-4ea2-8869-3f5e4909b306">Re: Good Saturday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning! My house smells like meat.  We're making jerky this whole weekend so the sehydrator has been running since noon yesterday.  Meat smells everywhere.  It's mildly annoying but since it's just a once every few month thing and we can escape out of the house today, I'll deal.  It's worth it. No real plans today other than the usual Saturday events.  Grocery shopping,<strong> organize something (probably the pantry since it needs it desperately),</strong> yardwork in the form of a little winterizing,  an online quiz at some point, and probably vegging in front of the tv.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

THIS! I may do this while H is watching a game, ugh. He did promise to take me to dinner tonight.
  • mmm.  Chili.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • I've been up since 6:30. My guy is making pork green chile in the dutch oven - YUM. We had a lovely date night last night and we're taking it easy this morning. I have house chores today and this afternoon I'm going to have a couple hours of creative time. I bought a set of oil paints from the art shop and I'm going to get messy with a canvas. (Just for fun!)
    Tonight is movie night at home.    
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Morning y'all! I have been up way too long. Tonight is a party my parents friends are throwing for us, to celebrate the up coming wedding. I'm excited and nervous. Also, my BFF from school is flying in for it. I can't wait. Today should be exciting.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited September 2012
    I've been up since 7. DH is strangely absent. He has his phone (which he isn't answering), but no keys or wallet. Not sure where he went... Very mysterious.

ETA: Aha! He went woodcutting with his uncle. Sneaky guy. ;)
  • I'm rocking a pretty good hangover this morning. We didn't even drink very much but it must have been a really bad mix of beers because H and I both have huge headaches.

So we're gonna go to King's Island today lol.

I'm hungry and I need McDonald's. I've been craving it for weeks and still haven't gotten it. I wish they delivered.
    June 16, 2012
  • Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited September 2012
    Good morning.  Still waiting to hear from my friend to see if we are doing anything today.  H is off at the Ryder Cup.  I am SO hungry but I just took my thyroid med so I have to wait at least 1 hr before eating.

KD - last w/e I made your Skinny Taste recipe for the chicken taco crockpot.  But I made it with pork instead; it was delish.  H preferred the pork over the chicken.

Ah, friend just called so I'm off.  Have a nice day!

ETA:  Acaponi - isn't KI an amusement park?  Roller coasters + hangover??
  • Morning.  I was all excited to sleep in today, but I was up at 7:30.  I laid in bed and played on my phone for a while, but I'm still kind of sad my opportunity to sleep in was a bust.  I have to write thank you notes for my baby showers today, and do some house cleaning and nursery organizing.
  • I got to sleep in until 930, but FI was up early (sort of). He's nursing a hangover as well, and is moaning on the couch, wrapped up in a blanket.

I'm running errands, and have round one complete. I picked up some curtains for dd's room makeover - I'm hoping to get to that later today, went to the farmer's market and grocery store, looked at dishwashers and am load two of laundry.

Now I have to feed dd - she insists on eating EVERY day lol ... Then it's off to get a little something for a friend's birthday and plan a dinner with her and her husband for tomorrow. I'd like to go berry picking and do some yardwork, and bring the recycling to the depot. And of course, there's the usual cleaning - the dogs shed enough to make another dog!

(an amusement park sounds like so much fun!)

Have a great Saturday ladies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Morning all! I'm sitting in the salon with color in my hair. I have been looking forward to this all week long. I have been really down and hard on myself lately so I really needed this today. Afterwards, H and I are going to Sams, Lowes, and maybe the mall if I can talk him into it. Have a great day, ladies!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Yeah...Hangover is not really getting better so King's Island is a no-go. I did get my McDonald's though. So now we're going to take a 8 mile rollerblade  later.

We changed H's spark plugs. I'm so mechanical.
    June 16, 2012
  • True story: We had a long talk over lunch today and agreed that we don't want to wait until 12/21/13 to have our ceremony. We're discussing dates before the end of 2012 and I sent a message to our reverend about availability to do so. We were planning a small, intimate ceremony (less than 30 people) anyways, so we don't really need a year plus to plan things.

That is all. Wink
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards