Wedding Reception Forum

Photographer and Coordinator

Do I need to provide seats at the reception tables for my photographer and coordinator or will they stand to the side/at the bar to eat?

I have 60 guests (including the groom and I) and there are 10 people per table, so I have a perfect number for 6 tables. I am trying to keep from adding another table for two people.

Re: Photographer and Coordinator

• Yes, you need to provide seats for them, even if they choose not to use them. Why not make your tables 8-tops and have 6 at your last table?
  • Because then people who like each other would get separated.
  • Find space for those people. 10 at most tables will be too much. I've been stuck at a 10 person table when really, it comfortably seated 8. I'm also a lefty so you thrown in a lefty ... and suddenly, everyone is bumping elbows.
  • Your tables will need to be at least 6-foot rounds to accommodate 10 people comfortably. If they're 5-foot, you only want to seat 8 per table. Does the venue have a smaller table that could be set up for your vendors? That's what my venue did for me.
  • edited September 2016
    geebee908 said:
    Your tables will need to be at least 6-foot rounds to accommodate 10 people comfortably. If they're 5-foot, you only want to seat 8 per table. Does the venue have a smaller table that could be set up for your vendors? That's what my venue did for me.
    This is a great idea, and @ernursej makes a great point about left-handed folks.
  • Because then people who like each other would get separated.
    As long as you didn't separate family units (couples; parent(s) and minor children), you would be in the clear etiquette-wise. Having a seat for every butt is far more important.
  • I would find a table for them to sit at.
  • Yes you need a table and chair for these people.

Our venue tables held 10 max, but I always think 10 is a bit squishy anyway. Your tables do not all have to hold a perfect 6, 8 or 10. We had one or two tables where we placed 10 guests, because they all knew each other well (close family) and to separate them would have been an awkward arrangement. Where as most of our other tables had 7-8 guests.

We had 2 photogs and sat them at a table with our guests. Our DJ ate at this table, but we had a place for him with the guests if he wanted.

Either add in another guest table and split your guests up a bit to include your photog and coordinator, or see if the venue can provide a small table for them.
  • I wouldn't worry till you get rsvps anyway.  There is likely to be a couple of declines so you can just seat them there?
  • ernursej said:
    Find space for those people. 10 at most tables will be too much. I've been stuck at a 10 person table when really, it comfortably seated 8. I'm also a lefty so you thrown in a lefty ... and suddenly, everyone is bumping elbows.

SITB

My husband always teases me when I take longer to figure out where I'm going to sit, but even just with him it gets awkward. I hate being smushed into a too-small table at an event because it's just elbow flying. 
  • For the record, my DJ, videographer, and photographer actually preferred to sit at one of the high top tables on the patio outside of our main reception room.  So there may be another part of your venue for vendors to eat their meals.  If not, or if they'd prefer to sit with your guests, then give them a seat at one of your regular tables!  Your venue may even have a smaller table they could put in there for them (like the sweetheart tables they use for couples sometimes).  

And like SP29 said, your tables probably won't all have an exactly equal amount at them.  Ours ranged from 6-9 people depending on who we thought would want to sit together.  We had right around the same amount of guests that you had.  You just want to make sure not to cram the tables too much.

SaveSave
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards