Not Engaged Yet

TGI-Tuesday?

Thank God it's Tuesday? It could be worse...it could be Monday....

How was everyone's long weekends? I'll just be an AW for a minute and show off my "desk" this morning. At least for now anyway...I'm sure the heat will chase me in in another hour or so.

Re: TGI-Tuesday?

• @labro so much to love about your desk... but I'm mostly eye-balling the breakfast sandwich. Definitely looks better than my oatmeal was this morning!

My long-weekend was good and full of family. We had a great time in NH but were happy to be back home yesterday with the cats. Got in a lot of fishing/canoeing and went on some really great runs. Played board games too! H and I cooked one of our favorite Blue Apron meals for my parents on Saturday night and they loved it. We also got to have dinner with both of my grandmothers on Sunday night which is always a riot.

Ready to get this week over with! My manager had her baby yesterday so my co worker and I are flying solo. Hope all goes smoothly.
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited September 2016
    @PamBeesly524 Awww congrats to your manager! I hope her and baby are both doing well!! It sounds like your weekend was really nice and relaxing. What BA meals did you make?

ETA: To further rub it in...my breakfast sandwich was an English muffin, organic egg from a local farm, and some fresh shredded melty cheddar cheese. NOMS!!! ;)

• @labro Mouth is totally watering. Fresh local eggs always taste amazing! Manager and baby are doing VERY well, she had a really smooth delivery. I'm so happy for her! The baby wasn't due until the 10th though and I totally thought she was going to go late so I need to haul ass on the blanket I'm knitting her.

For my parents we made this: https://www.blueapron.com/recipes/cremini-shiitake-mushroom-pasta-with-summer-beans-crispy-shallot-rings

Let me know if you can't see the recipe!
  • LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2016
    @labro So jealous of your desk! 
    @PamBeesly524 I hope your manager and baby are well! Sounds like a fun weekend!

Morning! I am sooo happy it's Tuesday because I am on the countdown! Today is a payroll day so it'll be busy too which helps pass the time! Just four days of work and cheer to get through and I'll be heading off on vaca!

My weekend was pretty stacked! Friday night we went to my cousin's house and ordered take-out. It's a nice break from going out to eat, and a bit cheaper too. We hung out for a while then headed home.

Saturday I went back to my cousin's and we worked on t-shirts for my trip. I'm going to AW them because they are so damn crafty! My cousin has a vinyl cutter and a heat press so we were able to make these all!

After we did those, I headed home and off to my fantasy football draft. We didn't get 10 people this year so it's only 8 and kind of lame. My team is stacked so hopefully I can walk away with some cash again this year!

Sunday was our first game of the season! I was missing 4 kids, but the ones who came did great! I sent out a nasty coach email this weekend saying that if people can't make practice/games/comps to let me know now so they can step down and I can create the routine around kids who want to be there. Here is my team! (will be taking this down later)

Sunday night we went out for dinner with BFs mom and his uncle. She is in one of her moods again and called him 3 times yesterday asking him to come over because she missed him (saw him the night before). 

Yesterday we cleaned the house and ran errands. It was a nice relaxing end to the crazy weekend. Now we just have to clean a few more things, and pack! We are leaving early Saturday morning.

Is it Friday yet??
    friends tv show funy
  • @LizzyTish88 Holy cow those t-shirts look PROFESSIONAL! I love the darth vader/micky mouse one, so creative.
  • @pambeesly524 your weekend sounds really nice! And that recipe... yummm
    @labro yeah, no jealousy here over your desk.... all that sunlight, yuck.
    @lizzytish88 your shirts came out amazing! 

My weekend was pretty low key.  We didn't want to do too much since my bf was still in the worst stages since quitting smoking. Unfortunately, because he was smoking 2 packs a day, his withdrawal symptoms are horrible.  Luckily, we only had one fight and no one was injured.  I call that a success!

We had dinner one night at his parents, hung around the house, took the dog for extra long walks, and hung out with his best friend that just had a baby.  Last night we decided to go to one of the local wineries for a tasting.  Ended up buying a bottle and just hung out for a couple hours.  Tomorrow, we're going to have a date night to celebrate him being a week smoke free.

• @speakeasy14 What are you turning into a vampire now or something? ;) FWIW, I'm in complete shade now. Congrats to your bf on nearly one week smoke free!!!

@LizzyTish88 That really bugs me that you had so many no-shows. I'm sure it's related to the holiday weekend...but I'd hope at least the parents would try to let you know ahead of time...and really this kind of thing is a commitment! You don't just get to not show up whenever.

• @labro  Image result for vampire no sunlight gif 

@lizzytish88 I was so impressed with your shirts that I missed your team update.  That's not ok at all. It amazes me how little people care.  Hopefully your message got through.

• @labro the house looks awesome! You can definitely see the difference!
  • Good morning!

@labro - Your desk looks amazing and the house looks absolutely fantastic!!!  Did you guys get a quote on the white trim?

@speakeasy14 - Congrats on your BF being smoke free!!! HUGE accomplishment.

@lizzytish88 - So happy for you for the trip and I love the shirts!  As to the game, totally NOT cool. 

@pambeesly524 - Drool.  And your weekend sounds amazing.  

We had an interesting weekend.  Friday was laid back with lots of stuff around the house.  Saturday we grocery shopped and Ani was a little off (tired a lot) so I made meals for the week while H helped hold her.  Sunday was truly God awful.  Ani was really fussy and clingy so I assumed teething again but in the night she wouldn't sleep and was inconsolable crying.  Seriously broke my heart.  Took her temperature and it was 101+ so we took her to the ER on Monday morning after I had a chance to speak to her pediatrician who wanted her to go in.  They think its a virus that is going to take a few days to get out of her system and the poor little monkey was a mess yesterday.  She got some sleep last night thankfully after fighting bedtime until 11:30.  Woke up and she's feeling much better so we'll see if that lasts.  In the meantime, I'm going to give her lots of snuggles and that's my only plan for today other than grilling more chicken for meals tonight that I couldn't get to this weekend.  
  • @minskat30 Oh nooo!! All the vibes to poor Ani!! That sucks they can't seem to do much for her other than tell you to wait it out. :( Poor poor thing!

• @labro - Thanks.  We are doing Tylenol but if her fever keeps up for a few days (or gets over 103) we are going back to the pedi on Wednesday for some more tests (they don't want to do them if Tylenol and rest can get rid of it since they have to get a urine sample...which means catheter...ouch).
  • speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2016
    @minskat30 all the vibes for Ani, and you!  Hopefully she starts feeling better ASAP, and no catheter is needed!
  • @labro, I'm jealous of your breakfast sandwich, too! Excellent siding - I could see the difference right away.

@pambeesly524, good luck to you and  your coworker!

@lizzytish88, I love your t-shirts! Good luck this year in fantasy football!

@minskat30, all the vibes for Ani!
    ---
    Weekend was ok. I knitted a lot and finished clearing the Olympics off the DVR. Prepped lectures, homework, etc. for this week. I have a fantasy football draft tonight and one tomorrow night. I might let H draft my team tomorrow.
  • I still cannot believe the amount of people who visit someone who just had a baby and do not offer to help out or bring anything.  My bf's best friend's wife just kept thanking me for being so helpful.  Apparently, other than their parents, no one has offered help or brought food.  One of our friends actually asked her to watch their 1 year old for a little bit, which turned into all day.  So she was stuck with a newborn and 1 year old all by herself.  I felt so bad when we were over last night. 
  • I still cannot believe the amount of people who visit someone who just had a baby and do not offer to help out or bring anything.  My bf's best friend's wife just kept thanking me for being so helpful.  Apparently, other than their parents, no one has offered help or brought food.  One of our friends actually asked her to watch their 1 year old for a little bit, which turned into all day.  So she was stuck with a newborn and 1 year old all by herself.  I felt so bad when we were over last night. 
    #iCant

• @speakeasy14 Glad your BF is doing well with quitting and sticking to it! It will be worth it in the end!

@labro The siding looks great!! 

@minskat30 I hope Ani is feeling better! Poor little thing.

@KeptInStitches Good luck on your draft! Sorry I didn't get back to you about joining mine, I didn't see your message until it was too late. 

friends tv show funy
  • I took today off because I had a doctor's appointment kinda far away that was right smack dab in the middle of the day. I got ALL the Zoey cuddles this morning, and then after my appointment I ran a few errands and grabbed some lunch. I'm about to head to the gym, do a few chores, and then sew a bit. I suppose I should be a good wife and make dinner tonight since I didn't work today. 

This weekend was really fun! On Friday we hung out at a friend's apartment and had some yummy BBQ. We watched Neighbors 2 and also attempted to make homemade gummy bears. They were NOT good, but that just means we need more practice. On Saturday H and I deep cleaned the apartment, and Saturday night we hosted a big going away party for my former coworker. I really enjoyed meeting a lot of her friends, and everyone had a great time. Also, I discovered that mango flavored vodka is very dangerous because it tastes like juice, so I don't realize how heavily I'm drinking. Whoops!

On Sunday we had lunch with the ILs to celebrate FIL's birthday, and then we went back to their new house to help them unpack a bit. They have so much stuff it's unreal. MIL has hoarding tendencies. Afterwards, we met some friends for dinner and then went and saw a special screening of The Neverending Story at a nearby AMC. The movie was full price, which was lame, but it was cool to see it on the big screen. 

Yesterday H and I slept in, and then we met some friends for lunch. I convinced him to go to TJs after lunch, and we bought ALL the yummy frozen food, chocolate, and wine. We had some of their frozen garlic naan and chicken tikka masala last night for dinner, and it was NOMS! I did a bunch of chores afterwards, and H vegged since it was a long weekend and he had to work today.

We're still waiting to hear back on the dog we want to adopt. The rescue is suuuuuper slow since they're all volunteers who work full-time jobs. Allegedly we'll hear from someone today to go over our application. Fingers crossed it works out!

@minskat30 Oh geez, poor Ani! I'm so sorry that she is so sick! Poor girl. I really hope she feels better ASAP.

@LizzyTish88 LOVE the shirts! Super cute! How cool that your cousin has a vinyl cutter and press. She should sell some of that stuff on Etsy!

@labro So jealous of your desk. What a great way to work after a long weekend! Love the house--looks great!

@speakeasy14 That is so amazing that your BF decided to quit smoking! Way to go! That's so impressive that he resisted all weekend too-- I really hope it sticks! 

@PamBeesly524 Congrats to your boss! Hope everything goes smoothly at work for you while she's out.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @lizzytish88, no worries. I wasn't sure how IRL everyone in your league knows each other anyway - it might have been weird if you all knew each other and here I came screwing up the vibe.

@eilis1228, fingers crossed for the puppy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards