Not Engaged Yet

Is anyone here?

speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited September 2016 in Not Engaged Yet
This board has been really slow lately, so may be the perfect opportunity for anyone lurking who has been hesitant to join in daily threads.

So...

Image result for hello gif

Some questions:

Are you single/dating/engaged/married?
If you're in a relationship, how long have you been together?
Own or rent?
Any furbabies (pictures are a must)?
Do you have any exciting plans coming up?
What do you like to do for fun?
When was the last time you rode a bicycle?
Have you ever ridden a motorcycle?
What websites do you frequent the most?
What apps do you use most?
Share a story from one of your klassiest moments (aka not one of your finest moments)

Re: Is anyone here?

• Are you single/dating/engaged/married? Dating and living together in sin

If you're in a relationship, how long have you been together? Been dating for over 6 years; living together for 1.5 years

Own or rent? Own

Any furbabies (pictures are a must)? A german shepherd/lab mix 

Do you have any exciting plans coming up? October is my bf's brother's wedding so we'll be taking off a week for that plus my birthday... we keep talking about a trip to Europe or Mexico for end of year

What do you like to do for fun? Read, explore historical places, travel, make crafts

When was the last time you rode a bicycle? At least 10 years ago, probably longer

Have you ever ridden a motorcycle? Once.  I had a death grip the entire time.  Usually when we travel we rent scooters, at least those can't go as fast. 

What websites do you frequent the most? TK, Google drive, docusign, a bunch of work websites, ebates

What apps do you use most? Facebook, Gmail, Messaging, Instagram, words with friends, hulu, netflix, google photos, spotify, pinterest, dunkin donuts

Share a story from one of your klassiest moments (aka not one of your finest moments) 
    • I once hooked up with a guy because I wanted to see Gabriel Iglesias and he had tickets. 
    • I sprained my ankle after I fell off a cheerleading mat (you know those foam mats that are about an inch off the ground)
    • After a night of drinking I told my best friend I would get her pajamas.  Apparently, that turned into a game of hide & seek where I hid in a closet and screamed when she and my bf opened the door and found me. 

• LanaKaneLanaKane member
    Name Dropper First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited September 2016

Are you single/dating/engaged/married? Dating and we don't live together but we sin frequently.
    If you're in a relationship, how long have you been together? A really long time. I don't remember anymore. 
    Own or rent? Rent.
    Any furbabies (pictures are a must)? nope.
    Do you have any exciting plans coming up? My birthday. Looking forward to a nice date night.
    What do you like to do for fun? Judge people. Go out to eat. Go to the shooting range with my bf.
    When was the last time you rode a bicycle? I have no idea?
    Have you ever ridden a motorcycle? yes and it was pretty amazing. I wish I owned one.
    What websites do you frequent the most? why do you want to know? 
    What apps do you use most? texting
    Share a story from one of your klassiest moments (aka not one of your finest moments) One time I was drunk and spilled red juice all over someone's white outfit.
  • Wow it really is a ghost town today. @lanakane welcome! And thanks for jumping in so I didn't feel so alone!
  • Image result for hi gif

Literally me right now. 

I can't believe the boards are so dead! Welcome @LanaKane! I love the term "sin frequently." I LOL'ed.

murried. 
    Image result for married gif

Coming up on seven whole years in November. Wowzas. 

Own or rent?
    Renting a ballin ass house.

Yes! Stevie the broken Boston Terrier and Molly, the Jack Russel/Beagle mix. No pictures for you (because they aren't on my computer)!

I'm going to Vegas to compete in a Sweet Adelines International Chorus competition at the end of October. And before then, I'm going to spend the weekend with @Swazzle and @Hummingbird125.

Basically, I'm trying to get through September without murdering a co-worker now that we're all in a shared space. 

I am an old lady (lol not), therefore I quilt and sing barbershop for fun. 

When my students made me bike across the Brooklyn Bridge last summer. #neverforget #RIPmyinnerthighskin

I have! I loved it. Then my dad's friends ratted me out and he yelled at me for not wearing appropriate gear.

According to Google home page, Facebook, TK, Gmail, Southwest, and Amazon.

Social media apps, travel/food apps, and Google Maps

Man, I have so many, but my office area is so fucking loud right now I can't hold a thought long enough to come up with one. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • I'll take a break from work craziness...

Are you single/dating/engaged/married? Single
    If you're in a relationship, how long have you been together? N/A. I was dating someone for a year but we recently broke up (mutually, no drama involved)
    Own or rent? Own... or does the house own me???
    Any furbabies (pictures are a must)? No :(  I travel too much for work to have pets. 
    Do you have any exciting plans coming up? I'm going to Dollywood/Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg in a couple weeks, which will be my first time in Tennessee. 
    What do you like to do for fun? Hike, kayak, eat food, crochet, other arts and crafts
    When was the last time you rode a bicycle? Little over 4 years? I just got my bike back and it's in my garage waiting to be ridden again! 
    Have you ever ridden a motorcycle? Nope
    What websites do you frequent the most? Facebook. Work related websites. Youtube. Disboards. Amazon.   
    What apps do you use most? Facebook. Instagram. Snapchat. A couple of different games. Pandora. Camera. Calendar. Notes. 
    Share a story from one of your klassiest moments (aka not one of your finest moments) I recently attended an ArtWalk event with one of my best friends on an empty stomach right after becoming single. I got hammered really quickly and hit on a bunch of guys, woke up the next morning for work and was still drunk. I went to work anyway and the hangover hit me late morning. I had to leave work because I was dry heaving in my office. I'm still embarrassed about it but luckily my coworkers thought I had a stomach bug because one had been going around the office.  :#

• @audrewuh I miss youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!! You need to come play more often!

Own or rent?

On our beach trip in July.

• Hi everyone! Long time lurker on TK in general. I used to frequent the boards a lot more often but after I got married last August my activity just sort of fizzled. This summer, I started browsing the boards again and did not really know where I best fit until I found this board and your daily conversations! I've been following along the past couple of weeks about all of you, so I figured now it was a about time to introduce myself. Forums are a two-way street after all.... so here goes!

Married
    If you're in a relationship, how long have you been together? 6 years
    Own or rent? Own - just finished renovating in June!
    Any furbabies (pictures are a must)? No, we travel too much.
    Do you have any exciting plans coming up? My parents are coming to visit us and see our new house for the first time in a few weeks!
    What do you like to do for fun? Eat... with wine of course! I also enjoy studying and speaking different languages and online shopping.
    When was the last time you rode a bicycle? I ride one almost every day.
    Have you ever ridden a motorcycle? No, I am wayyy too scared.
    What websites do you frequent the most? Amazon, gofugyourself (love snarking on celeb fashion), bonappetit (for recipes, their fresh caesar salad dressing is to die for)
    What apps do you use most? Probably instagram, gmail, maybe facebook
    Share a story from one of your klassiest moments (aka not one of your finest moments) How to pick just one... lets say it involves a karaoke bar, a 4 non blondes songs, and way way too many mojitos  :#
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @loro929 welcome! What languages do you speak? 
  • loro929loro929 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2016
    Besides English (which is my native language), I speak Spanish and Italian. I have been studying Spanish since elementary school, so for at least a good 20 years. Spanish literature was also one of my majors. I began studying Italian, however, about 5 years ago. My husband is Italian and most of my in-laws from that side of the family speak little to no English so when we started dating and it was becoming serious, I realized that if I was ever going to get to know my in-laws I needed to get on it. Luckily, I already knew Spanish so the transition wasn't so hard, there are many grammatical and lexical similarities, and I basically had built-in tutors between my MIL, FIL, BIL, friends of H, etc.

If i am not breaking any rules, i'll add a question to see if anyone else will join:

Does anyone else speak multiple languages? If so, why?

ETA.
    @speakeasy14 thanks for the welcome!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • loro929 said:

Does anyone else speak multiple languages? If so, why?

@loro929 Welcome!!!

I definitely don't speak multiple languages. I have some very basic and horribly pronounced French from high school and college French classes. I know a few phrases and words in German because my grandmother was German. H and I have Norwegian lessons set up in duolingo right now in an attempt to prepare for our trip to Norway next August...but holy shit...that language is REALLY hard and we're basically fucked.

• @loro929 I used to speak German, but haven't in at least 6 years so now I can really only handle basic German.  I have a bunch of language apps on my kindle, and plan on learning French, Spanish, and Italian. 
  • @labro Norwegian seems very difficult to me, I think its the letters that throw me off a little bit. I feel very impotent when I can't even try to pronounce or read because I have no idea what sound the letter corresponds too. I have never been to Norway but my H has been. He went two years ago with some friends of his and he said it was incredible, well it certainly looked it the photos were beautiful. He told me one funny anecdote that they were on the beach one evening when the sun was supposed to "set". Well, in the summer the sun never really sets and it just sort of dipped below the horizon for about 30 seconds and popped right back up! The group that he was with organized a BBQ and they cooked whale steaks, apparently it is a delicatessen there! However, he did warn about the cost of alcohol. They bought a 6-pack it ended up costing the equivalent of like $40! What part of Norway will you be visiting?

@speakeasy14 I am sure if you started to speak/listen to German you would probably pick it up very quickly! Have you been to Germany? That is awesome that you are planning to study French, Spanish and Italian. I love the way French sounds, so romantic :) Unfortunately, I never studied it and whenever I try to pronounce a word in French I butcher it, i.e. remove all the romance from how it should sound!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @loro929 We're spending just over two weeks there and basically doing a circuit around the exterior of the main body of the country. A mix of bus and boat tours mostly, we'll even briefly dip into Sweden! It's all arranged as part of a family reunion put together by my distant relatives who live out there.

• @loro929 I was there about 11 years ago, would love to go back.
  • @labro that sounds amazing. I am sure the family reunion will be special also!

@speakeasy14 What part of Germany did you visit? I actually live in Europe right now, and Germany is one of the places that I have never made it to yet. Berlin is definitely on my list of must-see-cities (in the very near future :)).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @loro929 Munich, Hamburg, and Kiel
  • @loro929 I vote Munich over Berlin! Berlin is a beautiful city with a ton of history...but more of old Munich survived after WW2 and the architecture is so gorgeous! Plus you're within easy train distance of Salzburg and besides...Bavaria is the most superior German state. I'm definitely NOT biased at all...it's not like we did our HM there or something....

• @labro thanks for the tip! I will definitely be in touch  for some suggestions if I can convince H to make the trip. Norther Europe is always a challenge for us because in the summer we try to make it to the beach, then in the winter its " its too cold let's wait for the spring" and then spring comes and passes and its summer again, and rinse and repeat. In what period of the year did you visit?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • loro929 said:
    @labro thanks for the tip! I will definitely be in touch  for some suggestions if I can convince H to make the trip. Norther Europe is always a challenge for us because in the summer we try to make it to the beach, then in the winter its " its too cold let's wait for the spring" and then spring comes and passes and its summer again, and rinse and repeat. In what period of the year did you visit?
    I agree with @labro, Munich is absolutely gorgeous.  I unfortunately only spent a day there. I was visiting for family so did not have a lot of opportunity for exploring. Kiel is right on the ocean, but very north.  I was there end of June/early July and there were several days I was dressed for Fall.  In June there's a week called Kieler Woche, which is the world's largest sailing event.   
  • @loro929 Welcome to NEY! Glad you jumped in! What part of Europe are you in? How long have you lived there?
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Late to the game, but I'll play! Not new to TK, but I usually frequent Chit Chat and Etiquette. I like reading the NEY posts, though.

Are you single/dating/engaged/married? Married

Together almost 6.5 years, married 1.5 years

Own or rent?
    Rent, but we hope to buy next year

Monty:

Duke and Stella:

Do you have any exciting plans coming up? We are trying to plan a trip to visit friends in Oahu next month - want to get away before the baby comes.

Garden, hike, snowboard, cook, read, cuddle with the dog, watch football

When was the last time you rode a bicycle? Maybe a month ago? As my pregnancy progresses I'm less confident in my balance, so have not been riding lately.

Have you ever ridden a motorcycle? Yes, but only on the back (not driving myself) - my dad had them when I was growing up, first rode on the back of his when I was around 5. Rode with him regularly through childhood.

What websites do you frequent the most? During football season, Yahoo Fantasy Football. When I'm bored at work, TK and Buzzfeed. 

What apps do you use most? Mail, FB, Instagram

Share a story from one of your klassiest moments (aka not one of your finest moments) One night on our honeymoon, we drank waaay too much tequila. I barely remember stumbling back to our room. I woke up in the morning with a raging headache and a black bruise on my arm. I didn't know where it came from, until H reminded me I fell out of bed in the night and smacked my head and arm on the marble floor. The bruise was visible in all the honeymoon photos from the following week.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @madamerwin - Yay! Come talk here too, because no one else regular to this board is on the West coast except for me! Haha

@loro929 - Welcome! I love your passion for languages. I know little bits of a few languages, but am only fluent in English. I really want to learn Russian, though, because I visit this deli by my office all the time and they always assume I'm Russian and speak Russian to me. I'd love to learn some basics, at least........... I also just think it sounds super sexy.

@labro - We had a Norwegian exchange student stay with us for a year, and I could never repeat a phrase after she said it. I figured it was because she had a terrible habit of mumbling. But your experience pushes me back to believing that maybe it really is just that difficult, haha.

• Are you single/dating/engaged/married?
    Dating

2 and a half years

Own or rent?
    Neither. I live at home 

Nope

I am going to Niagara on the Lake for two nights. I'm going to do some wine tasting at small wineries and high tea at this really nice hotel. I'm super excited. 

Read, shop and eat

Maybe a couple years ago

No but on my bucket list

TK, lipstick alley and Old Navy

Facebook, IG and Fitbit

I got drunk and thought the closet was the washroom. I was stopped before I got too far but pants were dropped. 
  • @audrewuh  I live in Barcelona. I have been here for about 6 years. Although, it really seems like yesterday I was coming here for a few months... 

@AlPacina thanks for the welcome! I used to work with a girl from Russia. I was always "eavesdropping" on her convos when she would make phone calls home because I was fascinated with how it sounds. But, don't worry, I don't speak Russian so it was all innocent fun :wink:
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Keisha84 Oh I LOVE Niagara on the Lake. H and I stopped at a winery there...I think it was called Rosewood and we really loved their Cab. Franc and their other reds. I hope you have a nice time!

• @loro929 - I had Ukranian neighbors growing up, and the only things I remember how to say are:

- Counting to ten (which is the same as Russian)

- "Your mother is a monkey."

- "Shut up you stupid cow."

- "Big rock"

• @keisha84 Enjoy Niagra on the Lake!  Probably one of my favorite places to visit! 
  • AlPacina said:

@loro929 - I had Ukranian neighbors growing up, and the only things I remember how to say are:

- "Big rock"

Image result for tina eat your food gif

• AlPacina said:

@loro929 - I had Ukranian neighbors growing up, and the only things I remember how to say are:

- "Big rock"

Image result for tina eat your food gif

I just remembered another one I had them teach me.

"I never realized you were so stupid."

Holy crap. Was I a Ukrainian bully?!? (Probably not, since I spelled Ukrainian incorrectly before)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards