Snarky Brides

Obvious regift is obvious

2»

Re: Obvious regift is obvious

• fyrchk said:
    Some friends and I purposely do a regift. My friend's mom bought me some coasters that you can put pictures in. As a joke, I regifted to said friend after she made fun of them. It has now grown and we've been passing them back and forth for years now.
    My late aunt and uncle did the same with my parents a couple times. Once it was a black velvet painting, and another time it was a double-sided jigsaw puzzle.
  • fyrchk said:
    Some friends and I purposely do a regift. My friend's mom bought me some coasters that you can put pictures in. As a joke, I regifted to said friend after she made fun of them. It has now grown and we've been passing them back and forth for years now.
    My late aunt and uncle did the same with my parents a couple times. Once it was a black velvet painting, and another time it was a double-sided jigsaw puzzle.

My parents (though my dad is now passed) and their group of friends have a Christmas party every year that includes a white elephant gift exchange game.  Dang it!  I can't remember the specific gift.  But there was something so bad and hilarious that was given all the way back in the '70s, it became a tradition that whoever gets that gift has to bring it back for the exchange the next year.

I'll have to get the scoop from my mom.  I don't know if it is still part of the exchange, but it had already been going on a good 20+ years the last time I heard my mom mention it. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My parents once received a Christmas present from my aunt and uncle that had a wedding card inside addressed to my aunt and uncle!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards