African American Weddings

Your Wedding Date

I am sure that I have asked this before but what made you choose your wedding date?

Is it a significant date for you?

AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: Your Wedding Date

• I can say i choose my date of August 16 2014 only because the earlier part of the year flowers are super expensive especially due to the holidays and coming August it is any holidays again that would impact flowers and such until November, December!

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• FI and I both wanted a fall wedding in September, on a friday evening. So we just picked the last friday in September. No real significance.
    Anniversary
  • I'm 11/16/13.....I just love november! Not too cold..perfect time of year for me....FI thinks I did it because my bday is on the 17th and His is the 20th....yes, of November!!! LOL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • September 1, 2013 no significant meaning at all...lol. Its a Sunday and weddings are cheaper on a Sunday...shrugs
  • 9/7/13 FI's birthday is 9/8. He wanted to get married on his bday but it's a Sunday so we decided on the day before and then have some kind of brunch with close family on his actual bday
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I already have the dress, but I need to alter it to have this effect!

Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • 6/29/13 its signifacant for both of us only because his birth is 3/29 mine is 4/29 and we thought about 5/29 but it falls on a week day so our date fits perfect with our birthdays
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_your-wedding-date?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:b5e637bb-475b-4c9d-bad6-8f332aa4def6Post:3b822961-3258-4ba5-90ff-c0b0102a789d">Re: Your Wedding Date</a>:
    [QUOTE]I already have the dress, but I need to alter it to have this effect!
    Posted by keyaira04[/QUOTE]

That was actually the dress that I fell in love with BUT then I decided to go with something else. FI sees me in a ballgown and I like the mermaid dress so I said I would do something in between...a mermaid dress with a puffy bottom...lol
    AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_your-wedding-date?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:b5e637bb-475b-4c9d-bad6-8f332aa4def6Post:3b822961-3258-4ba5-90ff-c0b0102a789d">Re: Your Wedding Date</a>:
    [QUOTE]I already have the dress, but I need to alter it to have this effect!
    Posted by keyaira04[/QUOTE]

<div>OMG LOVE LOVE LOVE THAT DRESS.....JUST BEAUTIFUL</div>

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• We were originally getting married on June 8, 2013. That day held significance because June 8, 2010 was our first date. But then after talking to our venue, the price difference between getting married on a Friday and Saturday were VERY different, so we took away that Saturday date. FI said okay, June is too hot anyways. Lol. So, we agreed on May when the weather is just right, and FI said May 10, so we can leave for our honeymoon on May 12, which is Mother's Day. He picked a cruise as our honeymoon and my Mother's Day present.
    May 2013 January Siggy: Cake.!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are getting married on our dating anniversary! It happened to fall on a Saturday so I took it as meant to be!
  • Our wedding date is September 1, 2012. We wanted a long wedding weekend.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mine is September 1, 2012 too! We picked it because most of my immediate family & my close friends live back home in FL. Since it's a holiday weekend no one would have to rush back home. Plus we'll always have a long anniversary weekend to get away!
  • Mine is September 2, 2012. It is the Sunday of Labor day weekend. We could save money by having our wedding on a Sunday.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This is the same for us too!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_your-wedding-date?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:b5e637bb-475b-4c9d-bad6-8f332aa4def6Post:38b0d57d-0e33-4cb3-a299-cf628e5e1880">Re: Your Wedding Date</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mine is September 2, 2012. It is the Sunday of Labor day weekend. We could save money by having our wedding on a Sunday.
    Posted by kaimah[/QUOTE]
  • We are 11/17/12 no real meaning behind it. I wanted 11/3 one of my fav #'s is 3 and it was the 1st Saturday closest to our proposal date 10/31. However when I went to book our venue it was already taken in fact all of oct and november were booked! EXCEPT the 17th and the 24th which are the Saturday b4 and after Thanksgiving. I figured my chances were better going b4 turkey day than after so we went w/ the 17th.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 176-Made the Cut
    image Final Count 152-Are #Team Morris Wedding.
  • Ours is September 21, 2013.  I thought it was great because I love September (my birthday is September 15).  My ring is my birthstone (sapphire) and diamonds.  And Earth, Wind and Fire did a badass dance song called September where the first verse starts out... Do you remember...the 21st night of September, which happens to fall on a Saturday next year!  So I figured that would be an amazing song to dance to on that night and to remember always.  Plus it's a good time of the year, not too hot or cold and gives us plenty of time to save up.
  • I picked sept because I didn't want to run into the holidays I don't want a June wedding my bday is in June His is August I did t way our Bithday months
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My date is 3/15/13. The 15th was the driver for us because we met on the 15th. After that, the way we chose the month was based on our schedules. My FI is a teacher so summer months worked best, but that was too expensive. Therefore, we decided to go with March and honeymoon in July.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards