Not Engaged Yet

Puppies instead of flowers

Bridesmaids Hold Rescue Puppies Instead of Flowers

While this is adorable, I want to know what happened to the puppies after the pictures were done.  Were they brought back to the shelter?  Did they stay for the reception and guests got to play with them?  Were they gifts for the bridesmaids?

Re: Puppies instead of flowers

• @speakeasy14 - Woooow, the internet is not playing nice on my work computer today, so I can't even get that link to work. Hopefully they made an insanely large donation to the shelter in exchange for borrowing the puppies. If that's the case, I think it's awesome. If not, then just use fucking flowers, people. You'll save a lot of people a lot of headache. And potential tinkles/hair on your beautiful clothes.

-----------------

I'm working from home again today but am working in silence because I can't decide what to have on the tv. Any suggestions? I recently got through Galavant and adored it. I'm looking for something light hearted. But I do have Penny Dreadful on my list.

• @speakeasy14 Maybe all the bridesmaids wanted to adopt the puppies they carried? I dunno, it could have been an interesting way to call attention to a particular shelter and also get some dogs adopted out. Obviously I really just want to hold a puppy lol!

@AlPacina I've got nothing lighthearted! I'm in the process of re-watching The Tudors on Netflix.

I'm in the office today. 4 freaking days in a row of going in. I've gotten so spoiled at getting to WFH twice a week. Thank God tomorrow is Friday is all I have to say! I'm still either sick or allergies are really doing a number on me. I did get a little more sleep last night at least...guess the Sudafed decided to actually do its job for once. I just hope I get over this by Saturday because that's Callie's big FIRST birthday party!!!!

• @alpacina just google bridesmaids with puppies and see if you can open a different article.  Apparently the bride worked at a shelter, but it doesn't say if these puppies were adopted or what. --- Definitely put on something you won't need to pay attention to; just replay something you've already watched. 
  • @labro I can't wait to see pictures! 
  • So, in my city, there is a service called the Snuggle Express, run by the Humane Society. For two days around the holidays, they load a van full of puppies or kittens, and drive them around to businesses and schools for visits. There's a hefty donation required for the service ($250/15 minutes, up to $1k/hour), but it goes to a good cause. My group has been trying to convince our department head that 

Obviously that's not what happened with these bridesmaids, since I doubt this is a common service, but I just think it's awesome. (I also volunteer for the Humane Society, and I know that they have a 93-98% adoption rate overall - I'm sure Snuggle Express helps some lil critters find a good home!)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @speakeasy14 I love how wrinkly those puppies are! I hope they are all adopted out. I think they just used the pups for a brief photo opp, which kind of makes me wonder how they coordinated that. I wonder if they actually carried flowers for the ceremony since the puppies didn't participate in the ceremony. 

@alpacina I am of no help when it comes to finding things to have on tv, but I must say I'm jealous of you (and anyone else) getting to WFH. My work flat out won't allow it unless we take a vacation day. Which is ridic. 

@labro Ahhh first birthday party! Is there a theme?

@madamerwin I need the snuggle express to come to my office.

I posted in yesterdays thread, but who all has IUDs? I'm thinking about getting one, but I'm afraid of how it would affect me. Low hormone BC has caused some wacky side effects with me in the past, including bad breakouts, awful mood swings, and literally 0 sex drive. I've looked into the copper ones but only heard horror stories about cramping/bleeding. I'm currently not on anything.

Meeting up with a friend I haven't seen in months for happy hour this evening, she's in a newish relationship so I'm sure we will have a lot to catch up on. We are going to a wine bar that I haven't been to yet, so I'm pretty excited about it. Yay wine!

• speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2016
    @wink0erin I am on Mirena.  It's the 5 year IUD.  After I got it @labro had told me about Skyla (3 year & smaller than Mirena) and I was annoyed that it wasn't even suggested to me by my obgyn.  I got it in January and other than these stupid breakouts, haven't had any issues.  Honestly, my breakouts aren't even that bad, I'm just whiny and would prefer no pimples.  I think I've had 2 periods since I got it put in.  After a week, I could tell I felt different, but good different.  I didn't realize how much being on the pill had changed me. 

@madamerwin That is awesome that the humane society offers that service.  I totally think your team should convince your boss haha
  • @wink0erin I'm on the Paragard (copper) IUD and I responded in the other thread. :) My experience has been excellent. I would never in a million years go back on the pill.

• @labro Thanks! I'm thinking copper is the way to go for me, but I just checked my insurance and apparently they only cover generic oral contraceptives and Mirena IUDs, which makes me go "wtf." I thought all that stuff had to be covered because of ACA? It doesn't mention anything else under my plan for contraceptives, like, if it's just not covered of it its the regular coverage or what. Sigh. 

• @wink0erin That is ridiculous! Can you call your plan and clarify? I was charged for my Paragard but received a check back a few months later for the full amount. I thought they were all 100% covered under the ACA too.

@GoldenPenguin has the Mirena btw and she LOVES it!

• labro said:
    @wink0erin I'm on the Paragard (copper) IUD and I responded in the other thread. :) My experience has been excellent. I would never in a million years go back on the pill.
    I could post the exact same response, I love my copper IUD and the only reason I'm going to take it out is to have a baby or replace it. It did make my periods slightly heavier for the first ~6 months but it's worth it for hormone free idiot proof birth control. Plus it's approved for 12+ years now (was only approved for 10 when I got it and I think it'll be approved for 15 once I'm ready for my next one).

Don't read internet horror stories, talk to your Dr. People on the internet love to complain and tell anecdotes and exaggerate but people don't talk about good or adequate stuff as often.

Also a lot of IUD horror stories are from older people when IUDs were less ~polished~ and riskier.
  • labro said:
    @wink0erin That is ridiculous! Can you call your plan and clarify? I was charged for my Paragard but received a check back a few months later for the full amount. I thought they were all 100% covered under the ACA too.

@GoldenPenguin has the Mirena btw and she LOVES it!
    I DON'T have the Mirena anymore - WAAAHHHH. I had to get it taken out in order to have an(nother) LEEP procedure done, and since I can't have another one put in for six months - or until I get a clear pap - I decided to get the Nexplanon, which is an implant in your inner arm that lasts three years. My doctor recommended it, because of how well I did with the Mirena. 

I did LOVE the Mirena - I didn't have any period at all, I had minor MINOR spotting once every few months, no cramps, nada. Before I had to get the LEEP, my plan with my doc was - new Mirena every five years until menopause. BUT, things changed. 

So far so good with the Nexplanon. Insertion was fine, my arm was a little sore the next day, the bruising was HEINOUS, but looked a million times worse than it felt. 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @GoldenPenguin Your poor poor cervix! <3

• @GoldenPenguin oh no! Hope this is the last time you need a LEEP procedure!  I'm glad you're not having an issue with the Nexplanon though.  
  • This post is from last September.  Please don't dig up old posts just to comment.  You are welcome to start a new thread anytime.

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragain said:
    This post is from last September.  Please don't dig up old posts just to comment.  You are welcome to start a new thread anytime.

The poster CMGRagain is referring to was banned as a vendor.