Chit Chat
Options

Let's gossip

2»

Re: Let's gossip

• Options
    Here's the thing- it's totally fine to not care about celebrity gossip. What drives me nuts is the mentality that if you do "care" (i.e. find it interesting) you are a vapid, intellectually lazy and morally inferior person.

I saw SO MANY smug posts- both from acquaintances and news media outlets along the lines of "While everyone is over here losing their minds about Brangelina, I'm focusing on the fact that Donald Trump used his charity money to pay personal debts/an unarmed black man was shot by the police/insert serious news item of the day."

Like... you can do both people. You can enjoy following celebrity gossip and also keep up with real current events. These things are not mutually exclusive. Get off your high horse and realize you probably think some things are fun that others would view as a waste of time as well!

I totally agree and I hope my post didn't come off that way. While a lot of people I know were talking about Brad and Angelina, I was talking about football injuries and shitty quarterbacks. Another thing that doesn't matter in the huge scope of life and that many people couldn't care less about.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Here's the thing- it's totally fine to not care about celebrity gossip. What drives me nuts is the mentality that if you do "care" (i.e. find it interesting) you are a vapid, intellectually lazy and morally inferior person.

I saw SO MANY smug posts- both from acquaintances and news media outlets along the lines of "While everyone is over here losing their minds about Brangelina, I'm focusing on the fact that Donald Trump used his charity money to pay personal debts/an unarmed black man was shot by the police/insert serious news item of the day."

Like... you can do both people. You can enjoy following celebrity gossip and also keep up with real current events. These things are not mutually exclusive. Get off your high horse and realize you probably think some things are fun that others would view as a waste of time as well!
    Totally agree. The celebrity posts that really bug me are the ones that are all about the celebrity's sex life. There was one not long ago that I saw about which celeb lost their virginity to whom. BFD. Can we give these people a little bit of privacy? At least where their privates are concerned?
  • Options
    I loved evolutionary biology :-)

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options

I totally agree and I hope my post didn't come off that way. While a lot of people I know were talking about Brad and Angelina, I was talking about football injuries and shitty quarterbacks. Another thing that doesn't matter in the huge scope of life and that many people couldn't care less about.
    Oh not at all! No I definitely didn't think anyone here was coming across that way, just commenting on the phenomenon in general.

I actually think that increasingly sports get this treatment really bad too- it's kind of a so-called "nerd culture" trope to make a big fuss over "I don't get *sportsball*" in a way that clearly implies condescension to people who bother to invest time in caring about whatever sport is being talked about. Just let people enjoy what they want to enjoy, come on people!
  • Options
    @ShesSoCold I bet if it was Jay Cutler and Kristin Cavallari you would care! 

• Options
    @ShesSoCold I bet if it was Jay Cutler and Kristin Cavallari you would care! 

I still do not know why Kristin is a celebrity.

About 4 years ago we went to one of Brad Pitt's Make it Right charity events in NOLA.  Lots of big celebrities.    There was an after party that started at 1am.  Aziz Ansari gave a performance.  Also Snoop Dog, Seal and a few others. Angelina was there with Maddox and I think Pax.  She was right in front of us (behind a gate barrier).   She is so tiny, but not in a healthy looking way.   

Anyway, reports now are saying it's more about child rearing.    Well I'm not sure what is that is about, but you better believe I was giving some serious side-eye at kids being at an after-party that started at 1am in the morning.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    When I heard about the Brangelina split, my reaction was:

And now that there are rumors Brad was cheating, my mind instantly jumped to:

• Options
    I'm guessing that it can't have anything to do with sex.   

But I wouldn't be surprised if Brad hasn't changed and Angelina has.   I remember watching a Bill Maher interview where he mentioned that Brad knows how to roll a perfect joint.   That may not be an issue in the marriage when the kids are young enough not to understand it.   Maybe it's more of a problem when they are old enough to question what's going on and Brad isn't going to stop being himself.

• Options
    MobKaz said:
    I don't really follow this type of stuff, but if this article is true, Karma is definitely a bitch.  While on the set of a new movie, Brad cheated on wife #2  with his co-star?  Deja vu?
    http://pagesix.com/2016/09/20/angelina-dumped-brad-after-private-eye-uncovered-marion-cotillard-affair/  

So I was in an airport yesterday and that means time for tabloids -- I love love LOVE reading gossip mags on flights with a glass of wine while DH sleeps. 

Anyway, the cover story of InTouch was Brangelina's divorce, but the issue hit stands the same day as the story broke (on Monday), so it the timing doesn't really make sense, which probably means the divorce rumor was true enough for the magazine editors to let it go to print. Some highlights of the article said that Angelina is very jealous of Marion Cotillard and doesn't trust Brad while he's filming "sexually charged scenes" with her. On top of that, the article said that Angelina is trying to take on less movie projects, and wants to be with the kids and do more U.N. work, while Brad has something like 35 movies that he's either starring in or producing, and is never around for A and the kids.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    An interesting update: http://www.eonline.com/news/796803/brad-pitt-investigated-for-alleged-child-abuse-reports

Obviously it's all unconfirmed but (as much as it would suck for this to be the truth) I do think the abuse angle makes the most sense given the fact that the divorce followed the separation so rapidly and she's asking for sole custody.
  • Options
    I am guessing that Angelina has been planning this for a long time.  She had her lawyers ready, and was waiting for the opportunity when Brad would make an ass of himself.  JMHO.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    An interesting update: http://www.eonline.com/news/796803/brad-pitt-investigated-for-alleged-child-abuse-reports

Obviously it's all unconfirmed but (as much as it would suck for this to be the truth) I do think the abuse angle makes the most sense given the fact that the divorce followed the separation so rapidly and she's asking for sole custody.
    That makes more sense.     Incident on the 14th, separation on the 15th.  Filed on the 19th.     

They are now saying it was a fight between Brad and Max on the plane.   I'm hoping it didn't get physical.  

However, a father and a teenager fighting and yelling is hardly unusual.   Most 15-year-olds are assholes at one point or another.  I know I was.  My mom and sister use to get into all the time.  My sister was getting into it with her oldest recently.  

Assuming it didn't get physical and it's not long term verbal abuse, I'm wondering if Angie was looking for a way out and is exaggerating the situation to make her look  better?   Let's face it, she is no saint herself.

I guess time will tell.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:

That makes more sense.     Incident on the 14th, separation on the 15th.  Filed on the 19th.     

They are now saying it was a fight between Brad and Max on the plane.   I'm hoping it didn't get physical.  

However, a father and a teenager fighting and yelling is hardly unusual.   Most 15-year-olds are assholes at one point or another.  I know I was.  My mom and sister use to get into all the time.  My sister was getting into it with her oldest recently.  

Assuming it didn't get physical and it's not long term verbal abuse, I'm wondering if Angie was looking for a way out and is exaggerating the situation to make her look  better?   Let's face it, she is no saint herself.

I guess time will tell.
    This.  I'm really hoping there's not a lot of validity to these claims.  Child abuse is a very serious allegation and is extremely hurtful to the parent if it's not true.
  • Options
    I heard on Extra (super credible, right?!) that they were nose to nose and yelling, so it wasn't physical but Brad was drunk.

They also claim that he has told his staff they will be fired on the spot if any of them says anything bad about her and it leaks to the press.  They claim he wanted this all to remain private and will not join her by dragging her name through the mud.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards