Chit Chat

Fall

CMGragainCMGragain member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited September 2016 in Chit Chat
Whoooooo!  The wind brought a cold front through Colorado, and tonight I had to put on the electric blanket and get out my flannels!  Brrrrr!  Good thing I have a warm, furry cat!
How is the rest of the country doing?
httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg

Re: Fall

• Well, I'm in Colorado also.  A little higher than you. It was cold and windy here.  We are to get snow tonight.   Tomorrow we have a wedding at 8000 ft.  Which is suppose to get some snow also.  

It's a little early, but not horrible.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I'm in Connecticut. It's still a little too hot for my taste - been high of 85 all week. But it looks like it's finally going to start to cool down today and I can FINALLY get out for a run after work!

• I'm in Annapolis. It's comfortable here; yesterday was in the mid 80s but they're saying we'll only get to 74 today. It's nice to not have to run (or work in) in oppressively hot weather. Hopefully it'll stay like this and I can start loving my turnout gear again. I'm even more hopeful that we'll have nice weather for the wedding.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I cannot even fathom snow. It's still pushing 100 here in TX. I do not look forward to fall. I am an AZ girl at heart, where there are really only two seasons. 

• In northwest Ohio. Yesterday was in the mid-80s looks like today only in the 70s so not quite fall yet here. 
  • Here in Chicago, September and October are my favorite months.  We will get many days of 70's, and a smattering of 80's.  The nights, however, cool off wonderfully to the mid 50's, which is "open window" sleeping around here.  I love "hoodie" weather!  The leaves have not changed colors yet, tho.

I spent yesterday "changing out" the house decor.  Since I host Thanksgiving, I almost have more fall decor than during Christmas, less the tree.  Doing this also forces me to deep clean, which I get less and less motivated to do every year.  It literally takes all day, and the focus in only on 3 or 4 rooms, but I have to say that at the end of the day, I feel very accomplished and relaxed, in a twisted way.
  • Our weather is the same as Ohio and Chicago and I'm so excited!  I'm so over 80 degree days. 

We have to go up north for a night at the last minute and I'm hoping the lead changes have started up there but it's probably a week or so too soon. Northern Michigan is absolutely gorgeous in the fall.  
  • Cooling and meh in Alberta.  We haven't had snow yet, but other parts of the province have.  It seems like we skipped the last few weeks of summer actually.  I think we're going to bring in all the outdoor furniture this weekend, if ti's ok out.  

We had a kick ass winter last year with El Nino, but I think we're getting his bitch sister La Nina this year, so it's gonna be hella cold and long.  :(

• Northeast Ohio here. It's 70 degrees and beautiful! Loving the cooler nights (50s and 60s).
  • edited September 2016
    Atlanta here and I can definitely feel fall. We turned off the AC a week ago and I have to wear a jacket in the mornings when I go to work. I just need the trees to hang on for about another week before they really start changing. 

• Dallas here.  It has still been hot.  97-98 this week.  Today has been humid.  We are suppose to get a cold front soon and have highs in the upper 70s next week.  I can't wait.
  • It was in 50s (F) in CT this morning. I put on long pants and a cardigan for the first time since May and it made me feel sad. It warmed up a bit in the afternoon, but it's time to unpack some long sleeved tops and sweaters. Fall is beautiful, but I hate what comes after that.

• It's still nice and hot in the Tennessee Valley. The highs are in the 90's. It's killing me! Our air is pumping just as hard as it was in July.

I have the TimeHop app, and according to it I posted a picture 4 years ago of the thermometer reading 46 degrees... I'm sure that pic was taken in the morning, but I sure am missing the cool weather!

• NYC here.  It's cooled down a bit, but not cool and crisp enough for my liking.  Hopefully within the next week though!
  • Fall in Dallas means 90s until October. Plus humidity. Ugh. 
  • The weather turned quite lovely here in in Southern Ontario yesterday. We've had a hot summer, and it stayed that way up until yesterday. I enjoy the cool breezes, and look forward to wearing boots and scarves. The leaves are juuuust starting to change.

I love fall!
  • Atlanta here and I can definitely feel fall. We turned off the AC a week ago and I have to wear a jacket in the mornings when I go to work. I just need the trees to hang on for about another week before they really start changing. 

Do we live in different at Atlanta's? It was in the fucking 90s last week and hot as balls. Thank God the humidity seems to be going away...but no, I don't feel fall except in the mornings... I can't wait for the day our A/C doesn't need to run! Hopefully the forecast this week is accurate and it's ACTUALLY going to cool down.

Ok, I am actually annoyed enough with the weather that I went and counted the days so far this month that the weather has been above 90 - 15!! Just picture me crying right now. That doesn't even count those high 80s days where it "felt like" 95+.

• It's currently 73 here in OKC. Our highs this week are in the upper 70s - low 80s. Fall in OK is much like fall in Dallas, it doesn't really hit until mid-October.
  • Going to be 88 today in Portland, OR. But it has been in the low 70s for the past week, and it's supposed to be back to the low 70's tomorrow and rainy by the weekend. Cooling to the upper 50s at night. Damn weather own't make up its mind, but I'm ready for fall!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • labro said:
    Atlanta here and I can definitely feel fall. We turned off the AC a week ago and I have to wear a jacket in the mornings when I go to work. I just need the trees to hang on for about another week before they really start changing. 

Do we live in different at Atlanta's? It was in the fucking 90s last week and hot as balls. Thank God the humidity seems to be going away...but no, I don't feel fall except in the mornings... I can't wait for the day our A/C doesn't need to run! Hopefully the forecast this week is accurate and it's ACTUALLY going to cool down.

Ok, I am actually annoyed enough with the weather that I went and counted the days so far this month that the weather has been above 90 - 15!! Just picture me crying right now. That doesn't even count those high 80s days where it "felt like" 95+.
    If it makes you feel better we turned it back on, lol.
    FH and I both love heat (and I am a giant crybaby about cold). so a high in the low 90s and 70s at night is pretty perfect to us. Windows open weather. I need a jacket if is  <70, barely exaggerating. Also, I work outside so the difference between it getting to 90 by 11am, 100 by 12:30 and not cooling off till 8pm and now, peaking around 3 for a few hours, feels like fall.
  • labro said:

If it makes you feel better we turned it back on, lol.
    FH and I both love heat (and I am a giant crybaby about cold). so a high in the low 90s and 70s at night is pretty perfect to us. Windows open weather. I need a jacket if is  <70, barely exaggerating. Also, I work outside so the difference between it getting to 90 by 11am, 100 by 12:30 and not cooling off till 8pm and now, peaking around 3 for a few hours, feels like fall.
    I don't see how you do it. With the humidity? No way. I love nighttime weather in the 70s...but not with so much moisture in the air at night. I'd totally be up for some 90s type weather in a place like Phoenix. I like the heat too...but a month to 6 weeks for 90s+ is ideal to me. Not this constant high high heat we've had since June.

• edited September 2016
    @labro I can not do dry heat, I need the humidity. Vegas makes me feel like I am in a oven, literally baking, can feel my skin drying out like a turkey. It fucks with my sinuses and I get sick (has nothing to with my lifestyle while in vegas ;) ). 

Edited to say: rereading that, I realized it could be read to mean cocaine. Not the lifestyle I was talking about. I mean the too much alcohol, not enough sleep and tea. I am not that cool.
  • @missJeanLouise I'm with you on the super dry heat. BIL lives in Reno, and when we visit, within an hour of getting there my sinuses hurt and my lips are chapped. I don't know how people live in the desert. But I also can't handle humidity. We went to Cancun on our honeymoon in July of last year, and holy shit, I just don't know how people live in humid places! I would walk outside and my sunglasses would fog up immediately and my hair was a poofball, and I just felt sticky all the time. I guess I'm spoiled, I've always lived on the west coast where neither extreme dryness or humidity are problems :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @labro I can not do dry heat, I need the humidity. Vegas makes me feel like I am in a oven, literally baking, can feel my skin drying out like a turkey. It fucks with my sinuses and I get sick (has nothing to with my lifestyle while in vegas ;) ). 

Edited to say: rereading that, I realized it could be read to mean cocaine. Not the lifestyle I was talking about. I mean the too much alcohol, not enough sleep and tea. I am not that cool.

• @kimmiinthemitten hey now! I don't judge. 
    I had to! You left it so wide open!
  • We're melting.  It's been 100 degrees here for days, and we don't have air conditioning (I don't just mean my house; in general air conditioning isn't common here). 

• It was still miserably hot last week in NC. It has cooled off a little this week from some rain coming in. I'm really hoping it continues this trend. I can't handle this heat much longer!

• Viczaesar said:
    We're melting.  It's been 100 degrees here for days, and we don't have air conditioning (I don't just mean my house; in general air conditioning isn't common here). 
    Where are you that AC isn't common? That's crazy! It's been beautiful here. It's actually Autumn. Although it's supposed to be 20*C for Thanksgiving so that'll be fun cooking and baking in that. 
  • Viczaesar said:
    We're melting.  It's been 100 degrees here for days, and we don't have air conditioning (I don't just mean my house; in general air conditioning isn't common here). 
    Where are you that AC isn't common? That's crazy! It's been beautiful here. It's actually Autumn. Although it's supposed to be 20*C for Thanksgiving so that'll be fun cooking and baking in that. 

I laugh every time I see degrees in Celsius after a facebook friend of mine posted something over the summer like "WOW! Canada sure is different! Just heard on the radio that the overnight temp is 23 and passed a sign that said the bridge gets icy!".

SMH.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards