Chit Chat
Options

Unpopular Opinion Time?

Okay y'all... I have a super slow day at work and need some interesting reading to get me through, so how about an unpopular opinions thread?

I guess I'll get the ball rolling... I like the Kardashians and think they are actually a pretty talented and loving family (and probably a good deal more intelligent than people give them credit for).

Re: Unpopular Opinion Time?

• Options
    I am OK with themed weddings.  I think they're fun.  

I kinda hate showers.  Both kinds.  My SIL wanted to host one for me, but i said thanks, no thanks.

• Options
    Okay y'all... I have a super slow day at work and need some interesting reading to get me through, so how about an unpopular opinions thread?

I guess I'll get the ball rolling... I like the Kardashians and think they are actually a pretty talented and loving family (and probably a good deal more intelligent than people give them credit for).
    I used to watch them (because they were the only thing being aired on E! and then I finally upgraded my cable package LOL) and I DO like Kourtney and Khole but I just cannot get Kim.  I don't understand the draw?  Besides being hot.  Because, yeahsheis.

• Options

I used to watch them (because they were the only thing being aired on E! and then I finally upgraded my cable package LOL) and I DO like Kourtney and Khole but I just cannot get Kim.  I don't understand the draw?  Besides being hot.  Because, yeahsheis.
    Oh Kim is for sure the worst Kardashian. I feel like all the others have pretty strongly defined personality traits on the show- Kourtney is the nurturing/down-to-earth one, Khloe is the independent/fierce one, even Kylie and Kendall have a lot going on with just being young adults starting out their careers and grappling with the spotlight- but Kim is just sort of bland. 

Actually I take that back. Rob is the worst Kardashian. I feel bad that he's struggling with weight and depression, but even before that he always seemed super unlikable to me. He comes off as 1000x more entitled than any of the girls, and he does the least.
  • Options
    I hate showers too, I assumed everyone did.  But I'm 36 damnit and I've made more toilet paper dresses and smelled more candy bar diapers than I care to admit and I want some damn bowls.

I'm sooo happy summer is done (in Michigan).  It was too hot and my boots and sweaters are collecting dust.

Also, now that I'm nearing the end of my 2 weeks off of work, I realize I couldn't not work.  I'm so bored by the time FI comes home.
  • Options
    I don't see the point in Instagram.

I am a Blackberry user (another UO- I prefer it to Apple) and just started using Instagram when the new Blackberry came out with an Android platform. So, I've had it for about 2 months. I almost never remember to use it. If I am in the mood to share pics, I just snap the pic and share it to FB with my phone. Why do I need an app to share it? I am probably missing something along the way. I take maybe 2 selfies a year and am not really a picture person. 

• Options

I guess this would be an UO, but I like showers!  I will clarify that statement to say that of all the showers I've attended or helped host, there has been not one candy bar diaper game or TP wedding dress game.  So maybe that is why?  The most games we have played is bingo.  And when I help host, I do it really easy with numbers on the card (I hate the fill in the blank bingo cards - most people won't play) and as gifts arrive, I have stickers with the numbers and depending on the size of the shower, will add 1 or 2, sometimes 3 numbers to each gift.

We also frequently have super sized shower in my area.  It's not uncommon to have 50 people invited/attend.  The largest one I assisted with had about 100 people invited.  That person's mom has 9 siblings and its a very close extended family.  The mom paid for the venue and food, for that shower, but we provided all decorations, etc.  That wedding had an invite list of 300.

• Options
    I don't see the point in Instagram.

I am a Blackberry user (another UO- I prefer it to Apple) and just started using Instagram when the new Blackberry came out with an Android platform. So, I've had it for about 2 months. I almost never remember to use it. If I am in the mood to share pics, I just snap the pic and share it to FB with my phone. Why do I need an app to share it? I am probably missing something along the way. I take maybe 2 selfies a year and am not really a picture person. 
    I don't like facebook so I only share pictures on IG. It is a smaller, more select audience; no friend's of FMIL or uncool coworkers. 
  • Options
    Rob is definitely the worst Kardashian.  Super lazy, went awol, then crawled back for his own show because he wanted a payday.  I appreciate what Caitlyn has done as far as starting a discussion for trans people, but Bruce was such a dick.  And I get that Kylie saw the attention Kim got for her curves (and that Khloe got when she had her body transformation) and she decided to have a bunch of plastic surgery...but I hate that my 9th grade girls are dying to look like her and the boys think she's the perfect girl.  They don't care that she's fake, she's still what they want  :|

• Options
    eileenrob said:
    Rob is definitely the worst Kardashian.  Super lazy, went awol, then crawled back for his own show because he wanted a payday.  I appreciate what Caitlyn has done as far as starting a discussion for trans people, but Bruce was such a dick.  And I get that Kylie saw the attention Kim got for her curves (and that Khloe got when she had her body transformation) and she decided to have a bunch of plastic surgery...but I hate that my 9th grade girls are dying to look like her and the boys think she's the perfect girl.  They don't care that she's fake, she's still what they want  :|

Ugh yes about Caitlyn- I feel so bad saying it because she's been incredibly brave with her transition and all that but she's also kind of a jerk!

I also agree @madamerwin about BBT- it is literally unbearable. Every single joke is like "Haha aren't nerds so weird!?" and the laugh track is maddening. Really makes me wonder how it's far and away the most popular show on TV

• Options
    I don't understand pumpkin spice or anything sweet with pumpkin in it. Pumpkin is for roasting, soup, curry, bread etc. 

I had pumpkin pie once (sweet) and it was strange. Give me a pumpkin curry pie and I am happy as Larry. 
  • Options
    Jen4948 said:
    I can't stand strapless and narrow-strap dresses. I don't think they look good on any woman.
    Even wedding dresses?  or every day normal summer ones?

• Options

I don't like pumpkin spice anything.

Except pie.

I only like pumpkin beer.
  • Options
    Agreed about Pumpkin Spice!

Also I hate jeans. Currently wearing them but they hurt my stomach :( I've had the same jeans for awhile and they're stretchy but I'm not a fan.
  • Options

Also I hate jeans. Currently wearing them but they hurt my stomach :( I've had the same jeans for awhile and they're stretchy but I'm not a fan.
    This.  When I wear jeans and sit down, it digs into my stomach and hurts me.  When I stand up and walk, they almost fall off.  FI always tells me to wear a belt, but if I sit down 80% of the day, and it only digs into me when I'm sitting down, I really only need a belt for standing/walking.

Yoga pants all the way.

• Options

This.  When I wear jeans and sit down, it digs into my stomach and hurts me.  When I stand up and walk, they almost fall off.  FI always tells me to wear a belt, but if I sit down 80% of the day, and it only digs into me when I'm sitting down, I really only need a belt for standing/walking.

Yoga pants all the way.
    I'm alone in the office this afternoon, so button open! Also, my stomach is being hateful so it's kinda puffed.

Honestly, I love my dress pants. They have no button so nothing digs into my stomach. But once I can, I'm wearing sweat pants to do stuff ;)
  • Options

I don't get this scarf trend. Not only do I not think they're that cute, I don't get how anyone with hair longer than chin-length can wear them.

I have long hair and if I wear a hoodie or even a sweater with a fold-over dealie collar, I get this huge knot at the base of my neck.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:
    Jen4948 said:
    I can't stand strapless and narrow-strap dresses. I don't think they look good on any woman.
    anyone?  Really?

I thought I looked pretty damn good in my strapless wedding dress.   ::shrugs::

Mine:

Yep, it's true.  Do not touch the stuff.

I hate coffee too! I'm a Diet Coke any time of the day gal. 

• Options
    lyndausvi said:
    Jen4948 said:
    anyone?  Really?

Mine:

Well, this thread is about unpopular opinions...

But I agree with you about coffee.
  • Options
    Jen4948 said:
    lyndausvi said:
    Jen4948 said:
    anyone?  Really?

Mine:

I agree that it's not very flattering on a lot of women, if not most women.    But the blanket statement that it doesn't look goo on ALL, hit me the wrong way.

But you are right, it's an unpopular opinions thread and you are free to express those opinions.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I REALLY like short men.  Like, being under about 5'7 is pretty much the #1 factor in physical attraction for me.  Interestingly enough, height has basically nothing to do with my attraction to women.  Life's little mysteries.
  • Options
    I REALLY like short men.  Like, being under about 5'7 is pretty much the #1 factor in physical attraction for me.  Interestingly enough, height has basically nothing to do with my attraction to women.  Life's little mysteries.

I think I'm subconsciously like this. Also a little chubby. I've been in four relationships in my life and three of them have been under 5'9" and a little overweight. The only one who was tall and thin was a total tool. I'm about 5'6" so it's not like I'm super short and don't want a guy that much taller than me. I don't know why.

Also unpopular - I LOVE a long-haired (not the hipster manbun thing happening), tattooed metal-looking dude. There's just something about a mean looking metal guy that I cannot resist.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    I don't like chocolate. 

• Options
    lyndausvi said:
    Jen4948 said:
    lyndausvi said:
    Jen4948 said:
    anyone?  Really?

Mine:

I agree that it's not very flattering on a lot of women, if not most women.    But the blanket statement that it doesn't look goo on ALL, hit me the wrong way.

But you are right, it's an unpopular opinions thread and you are free to express those opinions.
    My apologies. It was not meant as a personal slam against anyone who chooses to wear those styles, although it came off that way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards