Attire & Accessories Forum

Accessorizing a Beaded Dress (Maggie Sottero Charlie)

Hey All!

I am searching for accessories for my dress and am just interested in what advice you might have for what to look for. 

For starters, here are a few links to the dress I have:
https://www.bestbridalprices.com/maggie-sottero-wedding-dresses-style-charlie-4md877-p121847

https://www.preownedweddingdresses.com/dresses/view/108228/Maggie-Sottero-Charlie-4MD877-Size-14.html

That second link has better close-ups of the dress. The beading includes some pearls so I plan to incorporate that in my headpiece (I'm not doing a veil). I wanted to wear a simple pearl necklace of some kind, but I don't know if that is just too much to add to an already busy dress? Should I just sticky to a pair of earrings? 

If you've worn this dress for your wedding, how did you accessorize? 

I'm open to all suggestions and opinions. Thanks!

Re: Accessorizing a Beaded Dress (Maggie Sottero Charlie)

• IMO you can go both ways.  If you're leaning toward pearls, I'd go ahead and visit your local jeweler and choose a strand you'll wear again and again along with pearl studs.  You really can go the pendant, "hang-down", or simple pearls with that gown so it all comes down to personal preference for that dress.
  • I think you could either do big dangly earrings and no necklace, or understated earings and an understated necklace. Just depends on the look you're going for.

I had a heavily beaded Maggie gown, although it wasn't strapless. I did big dangly earrings and a head piece, and bracelets, but no necklace. I was going for a pretty glam look though. I didn't feel "overdone". Such a WOW dress required more WOW in the whole look, in my opinion. 
  • You can go pearls or "diamonds" with that dress, both options are in the beading.

I agree that I would either do bold drop earrings and no necklace (you could also bold bracelet and head piece) or a simple necklace with slightly more simple earrings (you could still do something with a bit of drama, drop earrings, but keep them delicate vs. bold). I just wouldn't do a bold necklace as I think it would compete with the dress.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards