Favors

Now I've seen it all . . .

Re: Now I've seen it all . . .

• That's got to be a first.

• edited October 2016
    It gets funnier:

http://www.loveandmarij.com/weed-wedding-lauren-brad/?age-verified=7688bc6b9c

Got to love Pinterest!

ETA: Now I have the munchies, and I don't even smoke cigarettes!
  • I know quite a few people at my wedding would have loved this favor LOL 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Of course they have a life coach. 
  • I went to a wedding a few weeks ago that I wouldn't have been surprised if that is what they gave.  The groom loves his pot.   I'm sure they didn't go that route because of the bride's family.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I'm pretty freaking jealous of wherever it is they got married.  The scenery is gorgeous.  

• Yikes that's a pricey favor  :D
    DH would love to get this at a wedding...except that he has this vapor smoking thing he doesn't like joints.
  • My FMIL just asked what/if we have for favours. Im tempted to send her this link 
  • eileenrob said:
    Yikes that's a pricey favor  :D
    DH would love to get this at a wedding...except that he has this vapor smoking thing he doesn't like joints.
    I wonder if they made the WP roll the joints and package them?
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2016
    My sister did this in 1975.  (Illegally.)  The marriage didn't last.  Never marry your drug dealer.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragain said:
    My sister did this in 1975.  (Illegally.)  The marriage didn't last.  Never marry your drug dealer.
    If you actually had bothered to read, you would see they own the company that grows the marijuana they used for their wedding.  

edited October 2016
    levioosa said:
    CMGragain said:
    If you actually had bothered to read, you would see they own the company that grows the marijuana they used for their wedding.  
    Yes, and so did my ex-BIL.  I live in CO, so I am cool with legalized pot.
    Seriously, this could cause a problem with any guests who work in a high security clearance field, like my son.  He would have to leave the reception.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragain said:
    levioosa said:
    CMGragain said:
    Yes, and so did my ex-BIL.  I live in CO, so I am cool with legalized pot.
    Seriously, this could cause a problem with any guests who work in a high security clearance field, like my son.  He would have to leave the reception.
    Yeah, your judgy quip about "marrying your drug dealer" says otherwise.  My guess is this couple knew their crowd, and the crowd knew the couple pretty well too.  Plus I don't think it's out of line to assume that their wedding invitations were probably pretty obvious with leaves and buds incorporated into the design, so anyone who was uncomfortable with it could have declined.  You do know the world doesn't revolve around you and your viewpoints, right?  There are people in the world who are totally fine with this.

Oh, and FTR, I've never even tried pot, and I'm not entirely comfortable with this personally, but I'd either decline, or put my big girl pants on and leave after the ceremony if I thought it would be a problem with my job (which, yes, it could).  If they want a reception like that, cool beans.  No skin of my back.  Obviously they had a crowd where this worked well.  

• I don't see the difference between this and have craft cocktails or craft beer/brewer themes, or giving wine or mini-bottles as favors, in states where recreational is legal. If people don't want to smoke, they don't have to, just like if people don't want to drink at a wedding they can decline. 

And in the second article, they own a marijuana lab-- probably wasn't a secret to most of their guests. 
    I don't have an issue with it either, I'd just never seen it before and thought it was interesting. I doubt recreational use will be legal any time soon in Ohio (they just legalized medical use a month ago).
  • I don't see the difference between this and have craft cocktails or craft beer/brewer themes, or giving wine or mini-bottles as favors, in states where recreational is legal. If people don't want to smoke, they don't have to, just like if people don't want to drink at a wedding they can decline. 

And in the second article, they own a marijuana lab-- probably wasn't a secret to most of their guests. 
    I don't have an issue with it either, I'd just never seen it before and thought it was interesting. I doubt recreational use will be legal any time soon in Ohio (they just legalized medical use a month ago).
    Oh I agree, I can't imagine after the medical fight we'll have recreational here any time soon. We can't even figure out how to implement medical. 

I guess my comment was more in reference to some of the judgy ones above. 
  • If I am judgy, it was about my ex-BIL, who was a drug dealer (not just pot) and really screwed over my sister.  He has since been married three more times.  His last marriage lasted one week.  He is the sperm donor for my nephew, but didn't stick around long enough to be a father.
    My sister really regrets her druggie hippie days, and worries about physical consequences, now that she is older.  She married a nice man who tried to help parent her son, but that was an impossible job.  The kid was a pot farmer for many years, but now that it is becoming legal, it is not as profitable as it once was.  He has spent time in jail.
    Again, I have no problem was pot, though I wouldn't use it unless my medical condition indicates it.  I don't drink much, either.  I do have a problem with methamphetamine, cocaine, heroine, etc. but that wasn't the focus of this wedding favor idea.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragain said:
    If I am judgy, it was about my ex-BIL, who was a drug dealer (not just pot) and really screwed over my sister.  He has since been married three more times.  His last marriage lasted one week.  He is the sperm donor for my nephew, but didn't stick around long enough to be a father.
    My sister really regrets her druggie hippie days, and worries about physical consequences, now that she is older.  She married a nice man who tried to help parent her son, but that was an impossible job.  The kid was a pot farmer for many years, but now that it is becoming legal, it is not as profitable as it once was.  He has spent time in jail.
    Again, I have no problem was pot, though I wouldn't use it unless my medical condition indicates it.  I don't drink much, either.  I do have a problem with methamphetamine, cocaine, heroine, etc. but that wasn't the focus of this wedding favor idea.
    That sounds like a personal problem then, and had no place in this post. Nor did this post allude to heroin or other drugs. You're just trying to backpedal now. You tried to make this about security clearance (which is bull anyways), and your whole attitude was super judgy. This isn't the same thing as your sister at all. I shouldn't be surprised that you found a way to make this post about yourself though. 

• Always reminds me of "I'm not racist but...... (goes on to make racist comment)"

But you guys I'm not racist because I have black friends. 
    edited October 2016
    levioosa said:
    CMGragain said:
    If I am judgy, it was about my ex-BIL, who was a drug dealer (not just pot) and really screwed over my sister.  He has since been married three more times.  His last marriage lasted one week.  He is the sperm donor for my nephew, but didn't stick around long enough to be a father.
    That sounds like a personal problem then, and had no place in this post. Nor did this post allude to heroin or other drugs. You're just trying to backpedal now. You tried to make this about security clearance (which is bull anyways), and your whole attitude was super judgy. This isn't the same thing as your sister at all. I shouldn't be surprised that you found a way to make this post about yourself though. 
    No, it isn't bull.  Ask anyone who works in that area.
    Jeez.  Chill out.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragain said:
    levioosa said:
    CMGragain said:
    No, it isn't bull.  Ask anyone who works in that area.
    Jeez.  Chill out.
    Lol at telling me to chill out when you are the one all up in arms about some pot favors.  It is bull, and he could leave if he showed up and didn't approve. He's not going to lose his clearance because he left a wedding once he realized there were drugs present. In a state where said drugs were legal. JFC. Of course you aren't responding to the complete egotism you exhibit in every single post though.    

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards