Chit Chat

Whatcha doing?

I'm trying to find rugs for our new place.    We have a living/dining room combo.   I feel like we need 2 rugs, but I need to double check the new bench to see if it has rubber or felt.  

Anyway the process is becoming more difficult than I imaged it would be.  I pretty much do not like anything.  Or if I do it's more than I want to spend.

Anyway, what is every one else doing tonight?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Re: Whatcha doing?

• Thank you notes and drinking wine. I far prefer one over the other, I'll let you guess! 
  • I'm drinking wine too!

DH is cooking dinner for a small group.  He is annoyed because it's suppose to be his day off.     i'm cooking dinner (cleaning out the freezer), drinking wine and trying to map out a plan for Denver this weekend.

BTW - not only does moving suck, it costs money because you "need" new stuff.    in our case we are going from wall-to-wall carpet (which I hated) to hardwood. So need rugs for the dogs. 

Of course, I decided to get a new table.   Okay, not a need, but I HATED our old table with a passion.  I love our new one.  Can't wait to use it (it's at the new place. we officially move on Monday).

The new place is so dark compared to the one we are moving from, so that means lighting.  (we face south at the current place and it provides a ton of light.  The new place barely gets any direct sun light).

We are at least being creative and not just getting your standard big box store stuff.  Making our own coat rack out of wine barrels reclaimed wood and vintage hooks.   Made our own swag light.  It's been fun working with DH.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • No wine for me tonight, battling another bad cold (the second in a month). 

Im watching Harry Potter and cocooning myself in blankets. 
  • I am drinking wine and that's it. FH and I submitted our alcohol order and had a quick skype call with our officiant. Now we are winding down before bed because we are 90 and need our beauty rest.
  • No wine, but would be nice! FH and I are just watching Luke Cage on the couch. Not a bad show!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Survivor finished (YAY!!) and now we're waiting for the hockey game to start.  We got a new arena tonight, and it's opening night in the building.  We managed to go to an exhibition game, but no luck with these tickets.  DH lost the company draw for the season seats.  :(  

• Drinking wine (Obvi) and working on a paper.  I'm in grad school and DH just started a new job so we're staying with my in laws for a few months before I graduate and we can buy a house.....

drinkgin in wine with my MIL every night is definitely different, but so far so good!
  • Poor DH.  He has been been feeling well since Friday.  I hope he gets better for his motorcycle class this weekend.

Casadena said:
    Drinking wine (Obvi) and working on a paper.  I'm in grad school and DH just started a new job so we're staying with my in laws for a few months before I graduate and we can buy a house.....

drinkgin in wine with my MIL every night is definitely different, but so far so good!
    I only see my MIL for a few days a year when we fly out there.  I drink wine with her every night I'm there.    

• Just got home from steak and beer at a local pub; it's their Wednesday special. Went with our sad-sack post-divorce friend. Things seem to be looking up for him! He had two great job interviews this week, and much to our surprise he dropped the L bomb in reference to his new(ish) girlfriend.

I feel your rug pain but with lamps. I feel like I used to see oodles of awesome lamps for sale in my style and price range, but now that I actually should buy some they are all either ugly or boring or approximately 12 billion dollars.  
  • I would do anything for wine. Or pizza. Or candy. Or bread. I voluntarily put myself on the Atkins 20 diet. I'm trying to get serious about losing the last 10 lbs from my treatments. It's been super hard because my body is so messed up from the steroids and going into menopause. It hasn't helped that I fell into a pattern of not exercising and eating candy/cake every night after dinner. So, yeah, I'm totally thinking about carbs right now. 

• Just got home from steak and beer at a local pub; it's their Wednesday special. Went with our sad-sack post-divorce friend. Things seem to be looking up for him! He had two great job interviews this week, and much to our surprise he dropped the L bomb in reference to his new(ish) girlfriend.

I feel your rug pain but with lamps. I feel like I used to see oodles of awesome lamps for sale in my style and price range, but now that I actually should buy some they are all either ugly or boring or approximately 12 billion dollars.  
    Our sectional sofa is against a corner with no place for a table or even a floor lamp.  Of course, that is the darkest part of the room. Our decor is rustic/vintage/industrial.  Basically a mismatch of stuff.

We decided to create our own swag light.  We got this:

and these:

So far the only one bulb and the cord has shown up, but it looks nice in the space.    

I have to say it's much easier hanging stuff when the furniture isn't there yet.  

I'm getting excited that not only will be living in the new space on Monday, but it will be pretty much put together as well.  Might even invite people over for MNF.

• lyndausvi said:
    Just got home from steak and beer at a local pub; it's their Wednesday special. Went with our sad-sack post-divorce friend. Things seem to be looking up for him! He had two great job interviews this week, and much to our surprise he dropped the L bomb in reference to his new(ish) girlfriend.

Our sectional sofa is against a corner with no place for a table or even a floor lamp.  Of course, that is the darkest part of the room. Our decor is rustic/vintage/industrial.  Basically a mismatch of stuff.

We decided to create our own swag light.  We got this:

and these:

So far the only one bulb and the cord has shown up, but it looks nice in the space.    

I have to say it's much easier hanging stuff when the furniture isn't there yet.  

I'm getting excited that not only will be living in the new space on Monday, but it will be pretty much put together as well.  Might even invite people over for MNF.
    That sounds awesome, you'll have to share pics when it's done!

• MCmeow said:
    No wine, but would be nice! FH and I are just watching Luke Cage on the couch. Not a bad show!
    FW loves Luke Cage! I might convince her to rewatch it so I can check it out.
  • edited October 2016
    That lamp looks so cool, @lyndausvi!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards