Wedding Etiquette Forum

Inviting grandfathers?

We are having a small wedding with about 30 people. We both have one grandparent alive, our grandfathers. Neither of us is very close with our grandfather because our parents are not close with them; however, we do not have hard feelings against them. 

When we were putting together a guest list I didn't think to invite either one of them at first (because we are having a small wedding and we aren't close with either grandfather), but now I am wondering if I should. In my grandfather's case, he is no longer able to drive (he is 92), so if I do invite him, we would have to figure out how he will get to the wedding (he lives an hour away from the wedding location). My parents do not have a good relationship with him, so they would not be picking him up. For my boyfriend's grandfather, I think he does not feel comfortable flying from Boston to Miami (the wedding location) at his age. Do I invite them to be nice? 

Re: Inviting grandfathers?

• Thanks @SaintPaulGal. That is what I was thinking. 
  • We are having a small wedding with about 30 people. We both have one grandparent alive, our grandfathers. Neither of us is very close with our grandfather because our parents are not close with them; however, we do not have hard feelings against them. 

When we were putting together a guest list I didn't think to invite either one of them at first (because we are having a small wedding and we aren't close with either grandfather), but now I am wondering if I should. In my grandfather's case, he is no longer able to drive (he is 92), so if I do invite him, we would have to figure out how he will get to the wedding (he lives an hour away from the wedding location). My parents do not have a good relationship with him, so they would not be picking him up. For my boyfriend's grandfather, I think he does not feel comfortable flying from Boston to Miami (the wedding location) at his age. Do I invite them to be nice? 

• If you really want your grandfathers to come, then invite them and let them figure out their transportation. Otherwise, leave them off your guest list.
  • Did I miss something here?  What happened?
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragain said:
    Did I miss something here?  What happened?
    Pretty sure this was the same poster who got nasty in another thread about not inviting whomever her friends happened to be "banging" to her wedding. 
  • CMGragain said:
    Pretty sure this was the same poster who got nasty in another thread about not inviting whomever her friends happened to be "banging" to her wedding. 

Oh, that sounds much more interesting then grandpas. . . . which thread?

• SaintPaulGalSaintPaulGal member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2016
    kaos16 said:
    CMGragain said:

Oh, that sounds much more interesting then grandpas. . . . which thread?

Right below this one in the "Plus Ones for Wedding Party" thread.  The poster deleted everything she wrote but most of it was quoted.  The real gem was her first comment:  

**Removed for TOU violation**

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards