Gay Weddings

56 days. Holy crap.

edited August 2016 in Gay Weddings
I'm sitting in the living room having an iced coffee, and FW is napping on the couch with the dog. I can't believe we get to make it legal in less than two months. 

I've got a lot ahead of me: printing and sending invitations, finishing ordering bridal party gifts, cleaning the guest room so FMIL can stay there, buying flowers for the bouquets, buying kraft bags and stickers for our favors, getting a Costco membership to buy the beverages we're not making, all the DIY I've planned to do, paying the caterer, paying for the rentals. I can't believe how calm I am. Let's see how long that lasts.

Re: 56 days. Holy crap.

• You're in the busy but fun time! Good luck, @OurWildKingdom! Make sure to take more moments like this in the coming weeks and just soak up the feelings. They make for sweet memories! :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @OurWildKingdom I think we're getting married on the same day. I dropped the invitations in the mail today and all of a sudden felt very calm. Like, they're in the mail, it's all in motion now. Not how I expected to feel at all. But there's still plenty of time for me to freak out, about something.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • You're doing great!  I didn't freak out until about 3 days before my wedding, so you still have time ;).  Try to take turns, though--DH had his freak-out a few weeks before mine, and he was fine right before the wedding.  
  • How are you holding up? I remember you said once that your wedding was the day after mine...I logged into TK this afternoon at work (never mind that I've literally never been this busy at work before... but priorities! :) ) and my little countdown threw confettti all over the number 1. 1 month is left. There is so much to do and I'm staring at the number 1 on my screen. I went from the number 31 yesterday to the number 1 today. My rational normal person brain is telling me "So hey! 1 month actually DOES equal 30 days...so it's the same thing as if the number said 30. You're fine!" and then the crazy lady part of my brain is telling me to go bat shit crazy because that number says 1. So. Just be prepared for when you log in tomorrow. That 1 is a lot more stressful then it should be! Hope you're having fun with all of your planning! 
  • Thanks for asking, @FeelTheRain! I definitely have my stressed out moments; I bug our housemate every day asking her how many RSVPs came in. Sometimes, it feels a little unreal, like I'm expecting to wake up any minute. But mostly, I'm holding up OK.
  • So exciting when it gets that close!! Just wait until the 7 day countdown haha! 

• This thread is almost two months old, and we ended up postponing our wedding. Thanks for playing, though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards