Wedding Reception Forum

Venue Cancelled!

I am getting married February 4th, 2017 and just last week my venue called and cancelled my reception, stating they are closing temporarily for renovations.  I haven't officially invited anyone yet, but friends and family often assume they will be invited. Is it rude for me to cut back my guest list and use a smaller venue as a back up?

Re: Venue Cancelled!

• Did you send out STDs?  Everyone who received one must be invited to your wedding, wherever it will be.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I am getting married February 4th, 2017 and just last week my venue called and cancelled my reception, stating they are closing temporarily for renovations.  I haven't officially invited anyone yet, but friends and family often assume they will be invited. Is it rude for me to cut back my guest list and use a smaller venue as a back up?
    Did you pay a deposit?
  • I did but they refunded it. The event planner has been great helping me find a new location. I just want to cut everything down now, or else I might get stressed about the whole thing and start to loath my wedding.
  • You're not really using a smaller venue as a backup if the original is not an option.

Did you send out STDs to anyone?   You do need to invite anyone on the original guest list.

But you can opt for a different style of reception now if you want.   You don't have to trade country club for country club.   
  • I sent a few STDs (just family) and I had my shower already. As far as the verbal invites, EVERYONE asks when the wedding is ... if I answer with the date, is that a verbal invite? 
  • I sent a few STDs (just family) and I had my shower already. As far as the verbal invites, EVERYONE asks when the wedding is ... if I answer with the date, is that a verbal invite? 
    If you already had a shower and agreed that those on the shower invitation list were on the wedding list then those people are also on your wedding list.

Asking when the wedding is does not constitute a verbal invitation.  But STDs, verbally agreeing that someone will be invited and agreeing to a shower list means that those people are on your wedding guest list. 
  • If you haven't sent invitations then you should be fine.
  • what's an STD?

i think if you haven't sent out invitations that you should be ok. 
  • what's an STD?

i think if you haven't sent out invitations that you should be ok. 
    Save the date.

• If you haven't sent out invites then you should be ok. But if you sent out save the dates, then you have to invite them now.

• Hey! I just cancelled my wedding this 8/19 at misslewood, maybe you could check that out? 
  • oops sorry, thought this was under the Boston board!
  • zombie..closing
    *********************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards