Chit Chat

Koozies

i was wondering if I'm ordering koozies for wedding how many should I order? There will be about 140-150 guests. Also ordering cups the mix drinks. How many of those also? TIA

Re: Koozies

• For the koozies, I would order a little more than your guest count. Are the cups for the mixed drinks disposable? If so, I would order at least twice the amount of cups as people. If they are part of your favor, order the same number as the koozies. Also, most people don't really want something with your and FI's name and wedding date on it. There have been multiple threads about this sort of thing on the favor board.
  • Can you order 1 per person and then put one koozie at each place setting? That might relieve you of some of this guess work. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Do people even actually use koozies? I've received two this year from weddings, and they're just collecting dust in the liquor cabinet...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • drid said:
    Do people even actually use koozies? I've received two this year from weddings, and they're just collecting dust in the liquor cabinet...
    When I lived in the islands koozies were a staple.   Everyone carried one around in their bag.    My pool/beach/boating friends use them a lot in the summer.

These days I do not use them as often.   It's cool enough here that isn't really needed.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • We use koozies a bunch in our house. We have a few friends over every sunday to watch football games and we also go camping or to outdoor concerts quite a bit. 
  • drid said:
    Do people even actually use koozies? I've received two this year from weddings, and they're just collecting dust in the liquor cabinet...
    My thoughts exactly.  I have never used a "koozie" and I have never seen anyone else use one either*.  (I have also never heard them referred to as "koozies" before reading it on here.)  Is this something your guest would actually want and use?  

And are the mixed drink cups personalized/expensive or just regular cups?  If they are just regular cups, I would probably do about a dozen or so per person to make sure you don't run out and then just return the extras.  If they are special cups, have you really thought that through?  Nobody wants to drink a new beverage on top of the old one.  Is there a convenient place to wash and dry them between uses?  And even if there is, do you really want your guests to be tasked with doing dishes during your party?  I think it would be vastly superior to just have plastic glasses and ditch all that fuss.

*I take it back.  I remember a kid my freshman year of college who thought he was super clever for buying one to put over a beer can so no one would notice he was drinking in public.  (They noticed.)
  • I am in the using the koozie camp. It is not so much to keep the drink cold, but to stop the bottle from getting "sweaty" when it was super hot out. Also I have an issue holding anything that is too cold or hot and these help with that too. 

A friend got a great one from a weeding a few months ago. It had a quote from the Princess Bride on both sides, and I don't think it had anything about the wedding it was from. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • drid said:
    lyndausvi said:
    drid said:
    When I lived in the islands koozies were a staple.   Everyone carried one around in their bag.    My pool/beach/boating friends use them a lot in the summer.

These days I do not use them as often.   It's cool enough here that isn't really needed.

Weeeeird. I see them, and I'm like oh thats cute.. but then never think to use them. Maybe its something about the Alberta weather. Maybe I'm just an anomaly haha

I will say though that if you need a koozie to keep your beer cold while you're drinking it... you're not doing it right  ;)
    I guess if you lived in the Islands, a koozie in your bag would also make sense.

I think of Koozies as a novelty thing- don't use them myself, but I also don't really boat, camp, or go to the beach that often.

DH did buy his brother a set of Trailer Park Boys themed koozies for Christmas this year. BIL/SIL host a lot of parties at their house and BIL is a fan of the trailer park boys, so we think they'll get used.
  • we have a shitton of koozies but rarely use them. I have a friend who uses it a lot, both with backyard bbq and on the boat. Rarley in cold temps though. This friend calls them Huggies. I'd never heard that term til him.
  • We are planning on putting the Koozies by the bar area for guests to use and keep as they like.  I will probably get around 75 for the 100 guests since not everything will take one or drinks. will most likely use: https://www.expressimprint.com/custom-koozies/wedding-koozies.html
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards