Chit Chat

The Walking Dead season 7

Consider this a therapy session for fans, or just discuss.
I thought it was a perfect episode, I don't understand the complaints about dragging out the death reveal, I think it flowed naturally and the way it should have. The deaths made me sad as hell and I'm still mourning but (as a comic reader), I wouldn't have it any other way, I can't see how else Rick would be broken than by what was done to them. The gore was hard to look at but that's what I love about the show, it's the zombie apocalypse, it makes you really think about your mortality and takes you out of your comfort zone.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: The Walking Dead season 7

• I read spoilers ahead of time but still wasnt prepared. I wish they had done a 2 hour special rather than the cliffhanger. The amount of stress and anxiety I had from the last episode didn't carry over, and I felt like if they ended the episode with the death scene and Rick being dragged off, there's still a cliffhanger and it would still be satisfying for viewers.
  • I don't really watch, but often sit beside DH and do stuff while he watches.  I walked out mid-Asian guy last night.  I can't handle a lot of gore (and I think this show does go a bit far), and even DH said he felt it was a little over the top.  90 Day Fiancé took my mind off it.  ;)

I found the early seasons kinda boring, so never got into it, but now it just makes me sad as I truly believe society would go to hell in a hand basket just as shown in the show.  It saddens me that our society is held together by such a small tenuous thread.     

• MCmeowMCmeow member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2016
    I don't really watch, but often sit beside DH and do stuff while he watches.  I walked out mid-Asian guy last night.  I can't handle a lot of gore (and I think this show does go a bit far), and even DH said he felt it was a little over the top.  90 Day Fiancé took my mind off it.  ;)

I found the early seasons kinda boring, so never got into it, but now it just makes me sad as I truly believe society would go to hell in a hand basket just as shown in the show.  It saddens me that our society is held together by such a small tenuous thread.     
    Yes that's definitely the dynamic of the show that I love. Unlike most zombie shows and movies where the greatest threat is a zombie horde, and survivors have the common goal of sticking together and surviving, it's just not realistic. The real world has horrible people or people who are at the brink of becoming horrible. 

I read spoilers ahead of time but still wasnt prepared. I wish they had done a 2 hour special rather than the cliffhanger. The amount of stress and anxiety I had from the last episode didn't carry over, and I felt like if they ended the episode with the death scene and Rick being dragged off, there's still a cliffhanger and it would still be satisfying for viewers.
    Yeah I agree with that, I think I would've enjoyed it either way but these months gave me time to process whatever death came along and made it less traumatizing. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That was one crazy episode.. I had to stay off Facebook for a whole day so people couldn't spoil it for me 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards