Wedding Woes

This morning is bullshit

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited October 2016 in Wedding Woes
This morning, the kiddo was in and out of my room for shit.  And then when I finally got up to log-in for work, I hear the door chime (our security system has door alerts) that it's opening (and I know it can't be DH because he's talking to the VP today about the potential promotion).  It's the kiddo.  His bus supposedly 'missed' him by being almost 10 min early (this was apparently confirmed by a text from one of his friends).  So I have to basically rip DefConn out of bed and throw shoes on him.  Thankfully, he was in thick fleece PJ's. 

I run the kiddo to school.  I was the asshole that cut in line, hoping I'd be able to get DefConn back home in time to get on the bus.  No such luck, as we had less than 20 min when we got home and he hadn't eaten breakfast or anything.  So I rush to get him ready and have to drive him to school.  He was really upset about not riding the bus too.  

I clocked in an hour and a half late.  I have personal time, so it's NBD.  But I hate using it on this shit.  

It was also proof to me (and the kiddo) that he *cannot* miss the bus.  I am probably going to send a nastygram to the school (I also encouraged (*TOLD*) the kiddo to go to his team office with his other friends who missed the bus to explain/advise what had happened this morning). 

I stopped at Starbucks, because I deserve it...damn it.  It's 63 in my house and I refuse to turn the heat on.  DH is going to bitch.  I broke down and turned it on so it can kick up to at least 66 in here.  ;) 

How was your morning? 

(*edited* to add details for clarity ;)

Re: This morning is bullshit

• AND OMG THESE HEADER ADS ON THE KNUT ARE PISSING ME OFF!

::guzzles coffee wishing it had a little bourbon cream:: 
  • You deserve all the Starbucks @mrsconn23

My morning starting with the wood stove not working and sending smoke pouring into the house and needing to open the windows. It's 35 degrees (I'm betting it's because H started it with paper that got sucked up onto the grate, and not letting the smoke up into the stack, but what do I know). 

I was in Buffalo all weekend, and it sucked. There was a big thing with my mother and long story short, she said some really insulting things about me and H that she never should have said, they got repeated to me (super fun), and then she got defensive and mad at me when I told her she was way out of line and inappropriate, and that the things she was saying weren't even true. It was bad, I'm still upset, and pretty exhausted that I slept terribly. 

But I made it back in time to go to my running group last night and had a great run, so there's that. 
  • That morning sucks, mrsconn.

I'm having a really bad period.  Even with ibuprofen, I'm still experiencing low grade pain and it's making me really grumpy.  I don't want to break out the major pain killers, b/c then I'm useless for the day.  Not like I have anything going on.  *grumble grumble grumble*
  • oh wow, 63 degrees!  Last year I refused to turn the heat on all of October, but this year I just couldn't do it.  I caved about a week or so ago.   I feel like October and April should be 'no utility bill month' and nothing needs to be on.  a/c or heat.  I'm usually wrong on that.

• I'm sorry, mrs.conn. That sounds like an awful morning.

I am home sick today. Just this stupid cold, but I also slept terribly and my schedule was pretty light today, so I decided to stay home and rest. I don't want to be wheezing and hacking at the kids' Halloween parties this week.
  • @mrsconn23  rough morning jeez! Hopefully the rest of your day goes smoother :( Also hopefully you find something to give your coffee a little perk ;)

Yesterday morning I got my desk changed, so it's actually higher. Which means my tiny self ends up hiding behind the desk if I don't pop my head up when the door opens.
    I basically feel like crap and want to sleep, so I did the absolute bare minimum yesterday ... which means I have enough to do today that I have to work like mad. Grrr ...

Low-key lately. H is exhausted because Sunday night he was up until 2am working {crazy busy project} and he's going to start the job hunt soon. There's a pretty decent area not far from us called the 'tech park' - so he's going to see what's there and see who's hiring.

We're finally getting more stuff into the basement and out of our living room. One box is likely going to have to stay until we figure out what we're doing with the kitchen storage.
    Also we need to start cleaning the basement. It's crazy with the dust and webs, etc. We have a hepa filter, so I may turn that on for a bit once we sweep through.

Tonight is much of the same. Clearing boxes and watching t.v. New ep of "this is us" but since I've been feeling awful, I prob won't watch and just crash early.
  • @CharmedPam we didn't want to turn on our heat for awhile either but by the 2nd week of October we had to because even the cats were cold :\ Some years it's nice and warm, but others it's just like "urggg coldddd!"
  • That is a fantastic picture @missJeanLouise. Good luck with SS, turns out that was the least painful name change office IME. 
  • Lovely photo @missJeanLouise!  You look beautiful!

Hope your day gets better @mrsconn23.

Somehow, between my shower yesterday morning and my shower this morning, I misplaced the only towels the hotel gave me (I LOOKED EVERYWHERE--It's like they evaporated), so I about froze to death trying to dry off this morning with one of those dinky washcloths.  It was the fastest I have woken up in weeks.

Apparently, there was an issue with our HOI that took far too long to be resolved.  DH notified them back in May to tell them we were married, and they "automatically" changed my name in their system on EVERYTHING.  DH says he didn't tell them to do that, but I am suspicious.  So when the mortgage lenders went in to verify our HOI policy and whatnot, they couldn't find me at all.  And it took 4 calls to the insurance company for them to get my name right.  "Oh, well, we've changed your name back to AtomicBlonde on the policy.  You want that reflected on the deed, too?"  WTELMF?  YES.  THAT IS MY LEGAL NAME.

And then DH was like, in that annoying I-told-you-so voice, "Well, it's like I've been saying since we got married, no one knows what to call you, including me."

FUCK, dude, LEGALLY I AM STILL ATOMICBLONDE.  IT IS NOT THIS HARD.  Until I LEGALLY change my name, NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

It's like he's subconsciously trying to wear me down.  I can understand others making the assumption (not that I like it), but my own husband should know better than to ask "What do I call you?"

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• oh yikes that sounds like an awful morning.

I'm about to go try to BS through some California employment law for a client. I'm not an employment lawyer, let alone a CA one, so this will be fun. On the bright side my work baby shower is today so that will be fun and it is free lunch which is always good. I peeked at our registry and it looks like only a couple items have been purchased from before (like a pack of blankets, sleeper set and some diapers) so I have a feeling I will be making a baby run soon because there are some items we need and I want to use coupons.
  • @MissjeanLouise, lovely photo! You look beautiful 

@AtomicBlonde, I have a feeling I'll be in the same boat.  Everyone just expects the woman to change their last name once they get married, but I really see no need to.  Not at this moment, anyway. 

• @AtomicBlonde  @CharmedPam  I'm in same boat of changing last name. I may hyphenate but I'm not sure. I told everyone that if I don't feel comfortable making a definite decision, I'm not deciding.
  • edited October 2016

That morning sucks @mrsconn23.

Congrats @MissJeanLouise!! Love that picture of you guys.

Weekend was ok. I kept myself busy the whole weekend in hopes that I would hardly notice that DH is gone. That plan worked pretty well until Sunday night when things settled down and I was alone in a quiet house. That, my friends, is a sucky feeling.

Yesterday was the day from hell. I came in to an email from our payroll lady saying I owe the company $1800 because whoever set up my payroll did it wrong and didn't set up insurance deductions. To say I flew off the handle would be the understatement of the year. I reached a level of pissed I didn't even know existed. It wasn't pretty. I was *this* close to packing up my shit and walking out.

On the bright side, I talked to (read: yelled at) my boss about it and he said he'd get it taken care of for me. He said I shouldn't have to pay the company back for someone else's mistake. That's probably the only good thing I've ever seen him do. He also said payroll lady is going to be in huge trouble, because she has done this to 5 other people and just now discovered it because she only reconciles insurance ONCE A YEAR. I am so over this place y'all. It is one giant shit show and is quite frankly a joke of a company.

ETA words

• @thefanciestbeckler  What the!? People in accounting are suppose to be on top of this!!
    When H first started at his job - when he got moved from part-time to salary - they fucked up and didn't set up tax deductions. So when we did our taxes - THE FOLLOWING APRIL!! A YEAR AND QUARTER AFTER - we saw the issue. He contacted his boss, who passed info on the HR. That person got fired, but unfortunately he still had to pay :(

Glad your job isn't making you pay, and hopefully this person - if they keep their job - changes what they're doing.
  • Add me to the terrible mornings.  H was supposed to get up at 5 AM to get ready for his bus route this morning.  He decided to use his phone because he hates my old school alarm buzzer (my alarm can set two alarms and we usually just use the radio one).  Well, at 5:50, 5 minutes before he is supposed to leave his office with the bus, he yells out "WTF".  His alarm was missed and must have went off but no tone played.  He sprang out of bed, threw on clothes and ran out the door.  He was able to get to the girls house in time, but she made him wait for 10 minutes.  So she was dropped off late, but other buses were just getting there too.

H came home around 8:15 after the run to freshen up before going to the office for the day.  Poor guy was so frazzled.  And for the woe is me part, I didn't really fall back asleep after his dash out of the bedroom so early.

Good new for my hot mess of a dog Betsey!  She is allowed to be out of her hobbles (sort of ace bandage type thing) now!  I mentioned to the Vet how we had them off for a week because her elbows were almost bald and really red/inflamed.  We let them heal before putting the hobbles back on.  She has to take it easy and we have some more exercises to do with her to help loosen her shoulder muscles, but she is good!  This isn't Betsey (although she is also a yellow lab), but this is a dog in hobbles.

• *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2016
    Add another tick to the rough morning column. Mine wasn't as bad as some of you ladies, but I'm still feeling like crap with this cold/bronchitis thing and I had a 7am meeting. I'm able to call in from home for the early meetings, so i did that, and finished getting ready to come in to the office while I listened to an hour of nonsense. 

I have a few in-person meetings today and am putting together a presentation for a meeting that I lead, tomorrow. Tomorrow's meeting will be extra fun since I'm also presenting one of my projects, on top of running the meeting. 

My boss just sent out the announcement about my additional job responsibilities - it's a project that I've been doing for the last couple of months, but they finally sent out the formal announcement. It's nice for recognition, but would be nicer if it came with some compensation. I have a primary role that comprises about 60% of my work, and a secondary role that's the other 40%, then about 7 (no exaggeration) other side responsibilities that are anywhere from 5-10% of my time. I'm hoping that all of this will add up to getting an elusive "4" or "5" rating for this year - which comes with a larger bonus. :-)
  • I'm sorry to anyone having a sucky morning. 

Not much here. I slept like shit do to a snotty nose. I still feel gross but m2 and I spent the morning on wheels- scooter and rollerblades. So much fun  

Dh spends so much time in extreme temps he gets to control the thermostat. He turned the furnace on Sunday. 
  • @MissKittyDanger oh man that sucks!!! I would have been so mad if I were you guys! We will see what happens with this situation... she really should get fired but I'm betting she won't. Apparently she's made this mistake in the past too. People get away with murder around here without consequences. Ugh.

• I don't have a primary care physician because I don't get sick that often and when I do, I don't want to have to wait a week to get in to see someone. I'm having extreme pelvic pain and my OB just told me that she can't do anything and I'll need to see my PCP. I'm already seeing the OB and the perinatologist. Now I'm supposed to add another doctor and possibly a physical therapist. I'll just suffer through the next 4 months like I did last time. UGH!! My day was going decently until that phone call.
  • @AtomicBlonde I agreed with banana until reading your reply. I'm glad he's working on that because I know it drives you batty.
  • My morning started off better, especially compared to the s**t show that yesterday was.  But then turned ugly again.

We need a new HVAC system for one of our rentals.  An acquaintance recommended going through Costco (of course, it is outsourced to other companies).  So I made an unexpected trip there last night to find out more about their program.  Set up an 11:00 appt. for my H to meet the estimator.  The guy was supposed to call 30 minutes before arriving.  At 11:00, no guy or phone call.  Now we're wondering if anyone is coming.  I'm on the phone for over 20 minutes, getting transferred to multiple departments who have no idea.  I'm about to call the store itself to literally try and talk to the kiosk woman I made the appointment with.  So asinine nobody else has records of what appointments are made.  Then my H calls and says the guy will be there in 30 minutes.  One hour late from the original appointment time.  Whatever.  At least my H didn't waste 2 hours of his time (now 3) for nothing.

Something else unexpected last night.  One of our tenants called me around 2PM to complain that her heater is making a loud sound.  Unlike many of the other PPs on this board, I'm thinking, "WTF?!?  Why have you even put the heater on at all?"  I don't think it's drop below 67 since last winter.  It's still in the low 80s most days.  Seriously.  My H and I are the biggest wimps ever when it comes to the cold.  We start putting the heater on in the mid 60s.  We haven't put it on at all yet.  But, of course, I didn't say that to her.  We needed to make a quick fix and drop off some A/C filters anyway, so we decided to just do that last night and see if it was easy problem my H could fix.  Of course not, that was only a faint hope anyway, so we have our HVAC repair people going out on Thurs.

Then the big boss comes into my office today...a few minutes AFTER lunch has started, no less...to ask me about a new duty that got added to my list of things on Friday.  Ummm...I've barely been able to get started.  We are going to have a talk after lunch about how he can get the info he needs whenever he wants it, going into the future.  I'm worried he is going to think I'm further along than I am.  Going to work through some of my lunch to make it look the best I can in the shortest amount of time, lol.

I was initially sweating bullets a little bit, hoping he wasn't coming to "talk to me" about my extended personal phone call with the Costco jerks.  I have a voice that carries, so I try to almost whisper when I am on the phone, but we aren't allowed to close our office doors, so there is only so much I can do.  At least it wasn't that!  Phew.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited October 2016
    Congratulations @missJeanLouise! You both look fabulous! 

((((((Hugs)))))) to everyone who had a crappy morning! Mine didn't start well but definitely improved. I got out of the house to find that our new neighbor's car was blocking me in the driveway. (Normally I park on the street, but I did something to my knee yesterday afternoon and couldn't handle the walk.) I knocked on the door and rang the doorbell -- no response! Finally I decided to request a Lyft and texted my boss that I might be late. My driver (who was awesome) got me to work on time. Money well spent. I'm taking the bus home; that should be interesting.
  • *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2016
    @OurWildKingdom - you should have called to have the neighbor's car towed. there's no reason for them to be blocking a driveway. 

My tolerance for on street parking is low in an area like mine where EVERYBODY has a driveway, and pretty much everyone has a garage. Our garage ended up being a default storage space (no basement) so we both park in the driveway. Asshats across the street constantly park their huge-ass pickup directly behind our driveway, even though we've asked them (nicely) not to do it.

The ONE time that I parked DK's car on the street (I had to swap them in the am, was in a rush, and he would be getting up in an hour to move it) - the Father Asshat backed into his car with the pickup and caused a few thousand worth of damage to the front end and driver side door. His insurance covered it (although that was a hassle) - and that didn't stop him from parking behind our driveway. The week that we got the car back from the body shop, his truck was out there again, so he got a not so nice visit from me  "You know, we've asked nicely in the past for you to move your truck, but given that you just hit my husband's car, maybe you would get the idea that parking directly behind someone's driveway isn't the best idea. Can you move your car so I can go to work?"

• I don't have a primary care physician because I don't get sick that often and when I do, I don't want to have to wait a week to get in to see someone. I'm having extreme pelvic pain and my OB just told me that she can't do anything and I'll need to see my PCP. I'm already seeing the OB and the perinatologist. Now I'm supposed to add another doctor and possibly a physical therapist. I'll just suffer through the next 4 months like I did last time. UGH!! My day was going decently until that phone call.
    Pretty much every practice I've been in holds sick day appointments. I'm sure you can find a pcp that does this, but sadly they probably won't get you in for a first appointment right away. Mine also does my yearly physical and paps when necessary. 

I am am shocked the ob referred you out though. Mine always said to see them first. 
  • *Barbie* said:
    @OurWildKingdom - you should have called to have the neighbor's car towed. there's no reason for them to be blocking a driveway. 

I would have done the same.  Lyft and busses are money out of your pocket! Make them pay!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards