Pre-wedding Parties

19 hostess gifts?

My bridal shower is just over a week away, and I have been struggling with whether I should get the hostesses gifts. There are 19 of them, and most of them are ladies from our church, not family or close friends. Is it proper etiquette to get hostesses a gift? I can't really afford to buy that many hostess gifts, so I was thinking about baking cookies and packaging them in clear bags with a thank you tag if I do gifts. Am I breaking etiquette rules?

Re: 19 hostess gifts?

• My bridal shower is just over a week away, and I have been struggling with whether I should get the hostesses gifts. There are 19 of them, and most of them are ladies from our church, not family or close friends. Is it proper etiquette to get hostesses a gift? I can't really afford to buy that many hostess gifts, so I was thinking about baking cookies and packaging them in clear bags with a thank you tag if I do gifts. Am I breaking etiquette rules?
    I'm confused. There are 19 people hosting? Or 19 people attending? How are 19 different people hosting an event?

• levioosa said:
    My bridal shower is just over a week away, and I have been struggling with whether I should get the hostesses gifts. There are 19 of them, and most of them are ladies from our church, not family or close friends. Is it proper etiquette to get hostesses a gift? I can't really afford to buy that many hostess gifts, so I was thinking about baking cookies and packaging them in clear bags with a thank you tag if I do gifts. Am I breaking etiquette rules?
    I'm confused. There are 19 people hosting? Or 19 people attending? How are 19 different people hosting an event?
     I thought the same thing. Baking cookies and writing a note (not a tag0 is fine for gift, though.
  • There are 19 "hostesses." I use this term lightly because most of the ladies are just bringing a food dish and calling themselves a hostess. Only 2 of the hostesses actually organized the shower and did most of the planning. Personally I think it's a bit ridiculous, but I don't really have any control over who offers to help with the shower.
  • There are 19 "hostesses." I use this term lightly because most of the ladies are just bringing a food dish and calling themselves a hostess. Only 2 of the hostesses actually organized the shower and did most of the planning. Personally I think it's a bit ridiculous, but I don't really have any control over who offers to help with the shower.
    I find that strange. I would do the cookies and a note. How many people are going to be at the party?

• Apparently it's the way my church does bridal showers. My friend just recently got married, and her now hubby goes to the same church. she had around 15ish hostesses. The guest list was pretty long because I'm only doing 1 shower. There will probably be about 50ish people there. 

Thanks for the advice y'all!!
  • Apparently it's the way my church does bridal showers. My friend just recently got married, and her now hubby goes to the same church. she had around 15ish hostesses. The guest list was pretty long because I'm only doing 1 shower. There will probably be about 50ish people there. 

Thanks for the advice y'all!!
    Is everyone invited to the shower also invited to the wedding? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards