Budget Weddings Forum
Options

my wedding hair should up or down ?

Hello ladies , finally i got my beautiful wedding dress. Now the headache is the hairstyle !  My hair usually down to the shoulder and i'm not get used to up it.
The dress is a backless dress (the picture is not me lol ) , my hair color is brown, the first choice of hairstyle is this one Image result for wedding hairstyles,guys please help me on this up or down ?

Re: my wedding hair should up or down ?

• Options
    There is no right or wrong answer.  What makes you feel the most beautiful?  
  • Options

I feel like that first hairstyle is very pretty, but doesn't go with the sexiness of the dress to me.  I am picturing something sleeker with that dress.

• Options
    I agree with Kaos16, I think the braid and flower-style headpiece doesn't necessarily fit the tone of the dress.  I think hooking your hair back very simply, like in the braided picture but without a headpiece or actual braid, might emphasize the beauty of the dress more (but that's just my opinion, and I'm not known for my fashion sense).  
    It sounds like you feel more comfortable with your hair down, so I would suggest keeping it down.  If you're hiring a hair stylist, they may be able to suggest a look that they think will work best for your face/body/dress type.  
  • Options
    Yeah, the hair is a bit boho for the dress IMO. It looks like it is crying out for something more glamorous - up or down would work, however you feel most comfortable.

• Options
    I agree the hair style is too boho for the dress.

Up or down. Doesn't matter, just needs to look a little sleeker.     You can always to a half up/half down look if you want hair off your face.  That is what I did.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Thank you so much guys , how about this one without headpiece ?Image result for wedding hairstyles
  • Options
    IMO the big braid just seems more casual- espeically with pieces falling down/out. If your hair is only to your shoulders having it down won't hide anything...I really like the open back but  if you covered the simple halter tie back you're really not taking anything away.

I would go for a simple low chignon, side chignon or loose curls maybe pinned back with something pretty (doesn't have to be bridal hair jewelry either- francescas/charming charlie have great pieces under $25)

• Options
    lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2016
    I just feel like the type of braid you keep posting has more of boho feel to it.  Your dress feels the complete opposite.     Not convince they mesh well. 

I agree with @lnixon8 with a low and/or side chignon look

This has a little bit of a braid.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I recommend updos with most backless dresses. However, as previous posters have pointed out, shoulder-length hair won't cover much. Braids often come across as boho, but if you're set on a braided updo, try one with a rope braid. They can look sleeker, like this one:
    "Marriage is so disruptive to one's social circle." - Mr. Woodhouse