Favors

Cute Favor Ideas Needed....

Hello all. I am getting married in April (Omg less than 6 months haha)....Anyway we are planning a beach wedding with about 50 people...I was hoping to get some sort of ideas for favors for the guests I can either make myself or put together myself ...its beach theme with navy, white, pale yellow, and burlap....and I have been to a handful of weddings with great favors so wanted something fun...

Some examples I have seen/been given are:
-Chocolate chips cookies and a bottled coke 
-Candy 
-Chapstick
-Smores Kits or Smokes Snack Mix
-Koozies

Any other ideas? I have looked on Pinterest just wondered if you all had any unique ideas? 

Thanks! 
Alana 

Re: Cute Favor Ideas Needed....

• Agree about edible favors.  If you and your partner have a favorite sweet or treat, you could use that.  Or you could try a regional specialty - for example, my hometown prides itself on its locally grown apples.  If I had had an apple season wedding, I likely would have incorporated them into our favor.

Keep in mind that anything that isn't immediately consumable might be harder for guests who travel longer distances.  
    Anniversary

• Hello all. I am getting married in April (Omg less than 6 months haha)....Anyway we are planning a beach wedding with about 50 people...I was hoping to get some sort of ideas for favors for the guests I can either make myself or put together myself ...its beach theme with navy, white, pale yellow, and burlap....and I have been to a handful of weddings with great favors so wanted something fun...

Some examples I have seen/been given are:
    -Chocolate chips cookies and a bottled coke 
    -Candy 
    -Chapstick
    -Smores Kits or Smokes Snack Mix
    -Koozies

Any other ideas? I have looked on Pinterest just wondered if you all had any unique ideas? 

Thanks! 
    Alana 

I personally think that chapstick would be a waste for a favor under any circumstances, and koozies are a "know your crowd" favor, but in most cases seem like a waste.

Edible favors are always preferred around here.  Is there something specific to the area where you are getting married or where you are from that you could play off of?

Lastly, to lurkers too, if you are doing a non-edible favor please don't go putting your names and wedding date all over it.  For example, a koozie with just an anchor on it will get more use that one that says "Alana and DH, April 2017).  If you want to, attach a little card that says thank you with your names and date that the recipient can remove.

Really lastly, favors are never required. . . . if you are at a loss, or don't have the budget, or just don't want to, you do not have to do favors.

Good luck!

• Have your local chocolate shop make some shell shaped chocolates for you filled with basic ganache.  Simple, easy, will save you a ton of work and money, and most of all, your guests will enjoy!  It's a "Hire it out" and make your life easy project!  

Or - have your baker box up a tart or cupcake with a candy shell of some variety (chocolate, modeling paste, fondant, icing, etc.) on it for each guest to grab as they leave. 

When it comes to favors - do not overthink these.  Really, no one wants to haul stuff home or worse, something they're never in a million years going to use...  Edible favors are preferred because there isn't the "stuff" factor...
  • I've seen people have custom Jones soda's with their photos on them. They were really cute.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was thinking cookies or chocolates in "beach" shapes (shells, starfish, anchor, etc).
  • Thanks girls I want an edible one more anyway and thanks for great ideas! Also love the tag idea ....didnt want to put our name and wedding date on anything just the words thank you....Thanks so much! I will research more. I love my friends cookies and coke idea we ate ours in route to the hotel so yeah i agree edibles are probably my choice too just what edibles is the decision i need to make now.