Chit Chat

Re: 17 times the wedding didn’t go as smoothly as anticipated

• 1st.  I'm horrible at grammar.  But damn, so many people forgot apostrophes when needed.  Yet add them in the same comment as required.   Specifically brother's and sister's they didn't seen the need to add them.

Anyway -  I had to laugh at some and down right WTF to others.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • "spacebaggin boxed wine" uhhh what? 
  • 1st - i love the 'whisper' app. Some of these people are hilarious, others are a mess.

2nd - only ones that could ruin a wedding out of all these is the allergy issue.
  • #3 sounds like something that Moose would do. I would laugh my ass off if that happened to us.

#13 gave me a chuckle too.
  • kvruns said:
    "spacebaggin boxed wine" uhhh what? 
    I had to look that one up. Here you go:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=space+bagging&defid=6741116
  • #18 MIL setting her hair on fire, reminds me of an incident from my daughter's stint as an altar server at our church.

One Sunday morning, my daughter was assigned to serve with two other girls, who were accidents waiting to happen. It was an Advent mass. The priest chose the most unlikely character, to bring him the a lit candle to light the Advent candle. He had faith in her :) While he was saying that week's Advent prayer, she was setting the sleeve of her robe on fire. But God bless her, she snuffed that flame out with her hand, without batting an eye, as though she had put out hundreds of clothing fires before that.

• I think the one about the little kid standing up because they couldn't see, and the priest calling on them, is pretty cute. I would have laughed. 
  • 1st - i love the 'whisper' app. Some of these people are hilarious, others are a mess.

2nd - only ones that could ruin a wedding out of all these is the allergy issue.
    I dunno... 14 could be a bit of a mood-killer... (Bridesmaid carrying grooms baby), assuming bride was unaware beforehand... (thinking surrogate or similar).

19 made me smile but that's cause guns are a huge no-no here, so the idea of someone just like "nope" *gun out* is pretty funny.
  • FireStar said:
    1st - i love the 'whisper' app. Some of these people are hilarious, others are a mess.

I dunno... 14 could be a bit of a mood-killer... (Bridesmaid carrying grooms baby), assuming bride was unaware beforehand... (thinking surrogate or similar).

19 made me smile but that's cause guns are a huge no-no here, so the idea of someone just like "nope" *gun out* is pretty funny.
    I feel like the bride would likely have known ahead of time. Although ... if she did know ahead of time, that makes me curious why she chose her as a bridesmaid still .... that's complicated.
  • FireStar said:
    1st - i love the 'whisper' app. Some of these people are hilarious, others are a mess.

I feel like the bride would likely have known ahead of time. Although ... if she did know ahead of time, that makes me curious why she chose her as a bridesmaid still .... that's complicated.
    Heck, if she knew ahead of time, it makes me wonder why she didn't dump the guy!!!
  • FireStar said:

Heck, if she knew ahead of time, it makes me wonder why she didn't dump the guy!!!
    I was kind of picturing a scene where bm is carrying a baby for the couple, and for (not)funny shock value decides to announce this at the wedding, in which case, okay.
    (Phoebe from Friends carrying her brothers babies).

Or, perhaps bm and groom had a relationship with a friendly break-up and bride and he got together and wed all in like, six months...?

Or, bride didn't know, and this is just kinda douchetastic.