Favors

S'more Favors

Hi again,

I think I decided to do S'more type favors because the wedding is a beach theme on the beach....what do you all think? I am trying to figure out how I want to do it as I have seen a few ways but basically its just the graham crackers with jumbo marshmallows and chocolate bar...and the cute phrase "Thank you for celebrating our special day with us, enjoy s'more love from us!" 

Cute or not?

Thanks!

Re: S'more Favors

• Jen4948 said:
    Cute, but s'mores are messy.  Remember, a favor needs to be something people can take away with them.

That said, rather than toasting the chocolate and marshmallows between the graham crackers, you might put together packages containing these items separately to retain the idea of s'mores.
    I think this is what she is thinking of doing. 
  • Jen4948 said:
    Cute, but s'mores are messy.  Remember, a favor needs to be something people can take away with them.

That said, rather than toasting the chocolate and marshmallows between the graham crackers, you might put together packages containing these items separately to retain the idea of s'mores.
    I think this is what she is thinking of doing. 
    I didn't get that from her post, but if she is, I would like to be invited to the wedding. (I loves me some s'mores.)
  • My cousin did a s'mores snack mix kinda thing. That graham cracker cereal, mini marshmallows and chocolate chips. It was really good and we were able to eat it whenever we wanted, not save until we had a fire or something.
    That's a great idea.
  • My cousin did a s'mores snack mix kinda thing. That graham cracker cereal, mini marshmallows and chocolate chips. It was really good and we were able to eat it whenever we wanted, not save until we had a fire or something.
    That sounds delicious - I'm definitely making that tonight.
  • I too like the s'mores snack mix idea. I could enjoy it when I wanted and it isn't messy. Perfect.
  • I think of s'mores as a campfire snack, not a beach one, though I've seen plenty of s'mores at indoor catering hall weddings...so the theme doesn't matter.  Ditto PP that s'mores ingredients  in a bag to go would be a fun favor.  
  • Are you going to have time to assemble the favors that morning or the evening before at the earliest?  Because graham crackers go stale/soft pretty quickly which means you can't assemble them far in advance and i have to eat it pretty quickly and most likely make mine in a microwave or eat it cold - unless you're having a bonfire at the wedding.  I'd  probably pick something less likely to get stale or already prepackaged and have a Smores bar as a late night snack instead. 
  • jacques27 said:
    Are you going to have time to assemble the favors that morning or the evening before at the earliest?  Because graham crackers go stale/soft pretty quickly which means you can't assemble them far in advance and i have to eat it pretty quickly and most likely make mine in a microwave or eat it cold - unless you're having a bonfire at the wedding.  I'd  probably pick something less likely to get stale or already prepackaged and have a Smores bar as a late night snack instead. 
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/16935655?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222228016737317&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=40888982192&wl4=pla-78819123872&wl5=1022194&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=16935655&wl13=&veh=sem

Amerocan an ingenuity has solved this issue! 
  • I've seen some s'more snack packs that are several graham crackers packaged together with a little container of a chocolate spread, kind of like Nutella, and a little container of marshmallow creme-type stuff. Maybe a little messy, but not too bad. 
  • Hi and thanks! So I was MIA with the holiday...I think I will do the s'more snack mix! Thanks for the great ideas!!!! And yeah I meant it all separate but that is way easier!!!! Thanks again!