Attire & Accessories Forum

Open back dress bra struggles

So I need, I mean NEED a bra for a bridesmaids dress that has a mostly open back.  I have relatively large, heavy, and unfortunately not very firm breasts.  (TMI maybe, sorry.)  I ordered the dress with the largest bra cups available sewn in, but they nearly aren't big enough and offer minimal support.  Has anyone found a solution for this situation?  The dress is Dessy "After Six" 6740. https://dessy.com/dresses/bridesmaid/6740/#.WBQV1neZOb8

Re: Open back dress bra struggles

• Got to love when brides don't think about logistics for their BM's bodies... Your options are if you're really lucky, you may be able to find an ultra low back corset style bra Or a clear strap and back bra may be what you need to resort to because - life..
  • I have had good luck in the past using the adhesive bras from Victoria's Secret, although l just looked quickly at their website and it seems they may not carry them anymore. There are other brands though that do make adhesive bras. I just googled it and I'm finding them in sizes up to DDD.
  • nu-bra (stickies) maybe?  

• SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2016
    I think the idea of getting a seamstress to sewn in a bra for you is the best idea.

If all else fails, tape! Seriously, one of my friends taped her breasts into position before when wearing a backless dress. Like full on duct tape. You do need someone to do the taping for you while you hold the girls in place.

Or, take one of your bras, cutting the shoulder and back straps off (so just the cups) and then taping that to your chest. I did try this myself, unfortunately it was unsuccessful (couldn't get the bra to stay), but maybe I didn't try hard enough (should have practiced before the day of).
  • WonderBra makes this amazing strapless bra that is really low. A friend who is a bigger cup size wore it for her wedding with an almost nude back - worked well. You can buy all the sizes online too which is good. I think its this one- http://www.wonderbra.fr/c/wonderbra-ultimate-strapless-12310/ thats the french site sorry, I try to go the english site but it keeps popping back so you can google it. There's also this that comes down low of the front and back that you could have sewn in? http://www.wonderbra.fr/c/wonderbra-ultimate-plunge-12320/
  • @MrsBtoBe it is considered rude to comment on a post that is more than a few weeks old. You are always welcome to start a new post though. 
  • ernursej said:
    @MrsBtoBe it is considered rude to comment on a post that is more than a few weeks old. You are always welcome to start a new post though. 
    I thought it was a few months old. I certainly didn't give it a thought when I read it.
  • ernursej said:
    @MrsBtoBe it is considered rude to comment on a post that is more than a few weeks old. You are always welcome to start a new post though. 
    I thought it was a few months old. I certainly didn't give it a thought when I read it.

I've seen people make my same comment at 6 weeks. That was basically the amount of time here.
  • oh okay just trying to help....ok then
  • Also, I think that this kind of post is helpful to anyone - I'm having an open back dress and just say this and came looking for advice - So I think it's rude to tell someone they can't reply. This is meant to be a place to include everyone. Or at least that's what I thought. So it's a bit old. Who cares!  MrsBtoBe I replied to this really late too so don't worry!
  • the posting etiquette police on these sites are ridiculous.  get lives!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards