Wedding Etiquette Forum

Thank you notes and a question

13»

Re: Thank you notes and a question

• MobKaz said:
    @amberdaisy1005 said, "I am going to host a wedding, within my budget, where EVERYONE is invited to the ceremony AND the reception AND has affordable accommodation nearby this location. Are they responsible for getting their asses to the state this is taking place? Yup. That's how weddings work. I was just invited to a friday wedding the friday AFTER a major american holiday in the middle of the damn day with a catholic gap that is 6 hours from me. I'm going to do my best to get there but if I cant make it, I'll send a gift and well wishes. THATS good etiquette. Making sure everyone is comfortable and fed and drinking and having fun, that's all I need to worry about. Should they choose not to come because they have to travel, then I will miss them.

Sorry, amberdaisy, I do not mean to nitpick, but the phrase "Catholic gap" makes me a tad ragey.  I have attended several secular weddings that chose to have a gap, as well as other religious weddings that chose to have a gap.  My daughter had a Catholic wedding and chose NOT to have a gap.  The gap is not a "Catholic" thing.  It is a CHOICE that inconsiderate couples choose to make.
    You're right, when I hear my FI's side of the family talk about it, that's how they phrase it. So writing quickly without thinking, that's how it came out. I apologize. The only weddings I have been to with a gap have been catholic weddings, but that is irrelevant. I'm just hoping I won't be approved to get the time off for it ;)