Attire & Accessories Forum

Comfortable Shoes

Hi brides,

I am having a lot of trouble finding heels or wedges that are comfortable enough as soon as I put them on. I'm going to be wearing these shoes for hours, so I want to be comfortable. Have any of you had any luck finding comfortable and cute shoes?

Thanks for your help!

Re: Comfortable Shoes

• I wore Steven Madden flats from DSW. They were super comfortable and I could wear them all night. 

• I wore Steven Madden flats from DSW. They were super comfortable and I could wear them all night. 

Those are so pretty and fun!

• I found these pumps at Payless called "Comfort Plus". Very cheap and surprisingly very comfortable!

Nothing wrong with wearing flats to your wedding!
  • Try on some flats, so long as you don't think they'll cause the hem of your dress to drag (if you go that route, make sure your dress is altered accordingly). Also, are you looking specifically at wedding shoes or just dressy shoes in general? You might have more luck with things that don't have the specific "bridal" label on them. 

There is also nothing wrong with having an extra, more comfortable pair of shoes on hand. I bought a pair of cheap sandals for exactly that purpose...I didn't use them that day but have gotten use out of them since, and it made me feel better at my wedding to know they were there if I needed them.
  • I had two pairs of shoes - one for the ceremony and one for the reception.  When my feet started to hurt later in the day from the heels, I switched into a pair of kitten heels for the remainder of the day.  

The best thing you can do is just go try shoes on for a comfortable pair and consider embellishing them on your own if you want something done.  Shoe clips are cheap compared to an overpriced pair of shoes you'll only wear on your wedding day.  

As for where to go - I went to B.A.Mason (Shoemall.com) because I've got hard to fit feet (I'm a 12w now but was an 11ww at the time of our wedding) and ended up with a pair of clear shoes of all things, but they were comfortable!  Whether you wear flats, whether you wear a pair of Chucks, the important thing is you're comfortable.
  • I had the same concerns about comfortable shoes because I want to wear them all night, so they must be! I couldn't find anything I liked in stores and I kept checking Payless for new stuff. PP recommend Comfort Plus. I agree with her! I have some of those heels for work, but from what I have seen, they are all closed-toe, which isn't what I wanted for the wedding. If it doesn't matter to you, then they are a great choice.

I ended up going with a heel from Nordstrom. I had to order online which made me really nervous but they ended up being comfortable. I've been breaking them in by wearing them at home and haven't gotten a blister or sore feet. The brand is Paradox Pink and I got the style Imogen. 

Another issue I had was affordability. As said before, check Payless, and I also recommend checking the clearance and sale sections of DSW. 
  • Whatever shoes you get, invest in some comfy inserts. Inserts can make any shoes way more comfortable.
  • Thanks, everyone! I'll have to check out comfort plus at Payless.
  • I have Katie and Kelly's.  I'm not sure how comfortable they are yet, but the brand started as a food service shoe so I have high hopes.  If not, I'm packing slippers to change into!
  • I have Katie and Kelly's.  I'm not sure how comfortable they are yet, but the brand started as a food service shoe so I have high hopes.  If not, I'm packing slippers to change into!
    I wore Katie and Kelly for my wedding and my feet hurt so badly by the end of the night. I wish I had brought another pair of shoes to change into.
    I wore Katie and Kelly for my wedding and my feet hurt so badly by the end of the night. I wish I had brought another pair of shoes to change into.
    Oh no!  Maybe I'll look today for another pair.
    Oh no!  Maybe I'll look today for another pair.

I think the key to any pair is to wear them a bit and "break them in".  If nothing else trying to wear them for a day will give you an idea of how comfortable they are at varying points during the day.