Wedding Woes
Options

Monday!

Good morning!!!

It's raining/snowing today, and as such my commute took longer. But I don't care because yesterday morning H & I found out that I am pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The timing is such that it almost seems like a gift from his aunt who passed before Thanksgiving, and our puppy girl who passed after Thanksgiving.

We have only told my two closest friends - one of whom is also pregnant - and H's sister (but that's because she is going to have to cover for me on Christmas Eve so no one notices I am not drinking).

What's going on with you lovely ladies this morning?

Re: Monday!

• Options
    @sparklepants41 ALL THE CONGRATULATIONS!!! 

Definitely nothing that exciting here.  We did Christmas with my folks over the weekend then went to the saddest graduation party Sunday.  SIL got her bachelors and BIL was throwing her a party.  One of her sons was working, the other spend the entire 90 minutes in his room.  The guests were her mom and grandma, our ILs and us.  Counting her, her daughter, and granddaughter, and husband it was 15 people sitting in a circle.  sFIL skipped because the Browns were playing and he needed to concentrate.
  • Options
    @sparklepants41 Congrats!

I'm going to do a separate post on pageant stuff.  That's all my weekend was.  And sleeping on Sunday to catch up.  :D
  • Options
    Wow @sparklepants41, Congratulations!! Such good news!

Yah, nothing even close to that exciting here. I put up the Christmas tree and decorated it, went to an ugly sweater party (even though I though my Snoopy sweater was actually pretty cute), and did a lot of snow shoveling this weekend. Classes are finished for the semester so I'm working from home and grading final papers. Can't really complain. 
  • Options
    Congratulations!!!!! @sparklepants41 and mr.pants

My MIL and I are taking a day trip to Savannah. It is a double purpose trip; 1 part errand, 1 part because I have never been.

I am in contact with the dog relocation people and am feeling pretty great about everything.

Still waiting to hear about my plane ticket but it will happen when it happens.

• Options
    Congratulations!!!!! @sparklepants41 and mr.pants

My MIL and I are taking a day trip to Savannah. It is a double purpose trip; 1 part errand, 1 part because I have never been.

I am in contact with the dog relocation people and am feeling pretty great about everything.

Still waiting to hear about my plane ticket but it will happen when it happens.

LOL Mr. Pants!! 

And thank you, everybody!!!
  • Options
    Yay for a sparklebaby!!

This weekend was nothing special. Went to see my mom in hospital and she's doing better. She should be moved to the rehab floor today if her insurance will allow it. Afterwards, we went to a friend's 30th wedding anniversary party. Her husband surprised her with it. Mouse decided he was hungry and before I could stop him, had a handful of chicken enchilada off my plate and was going to town!

Yesterday, H hung Christmas lights while I did laundry, took down a shelf, and cut out the nasty pad from the baby's room. I'm going to call to have the carpet cleaned today. I just hope it works. 
  • Options
    Congratulations @sparklepants41 and Mr. Pants!!!!   

Friday night we did a little shopping.  Saturday we had a funeral for my great-aunt.  DH and I took my Mom and it was great seeing cousins I haven't seen in a long time.  Sad that it has to be at a funeral but She lived a long life (90 years).  There is only 1 of my grandma's siblings left and one sister-in-law.

We got about 6" of snow Saturday night into Sunday so we stayed in on Sunday. I got a lot of little things done off the to do list and that was good.

DH returns to work today after being off since Nov 15th.  He was really looking forward to it but I'm sure he'll be exhausted tonight.  I have a dentist appointment tonight - ugh.  
  • Options
    @sparklepants41  CONGRATS! Early xmas gift! When are you planning on telling family? That's so exciting!

Friday we had a couple friends over. M's rifle came in, so he was super excited. Found out one of our friends is just in a horrible mood lately and regretting going back to school to upgrade his work because now he's having a hard time finding a job. Also started watching "The 100" and M and I decided to finish other shows and continue watching it.

Saturday - M and his buddy's went to shooting range so he could break in new rifle. Definitely needs to get sighted in.
    Meanwhile I went to the mall WHICH IS THE STUPIDEST DECISION IN THE ENTIRE WORLD!!
    I wouldn't have gone if it weren't for the fact Bath and Body Works had deals on a couple small items I wanted to get people.
    I got 2 candles - icy vanilla woods and toasted graham latte - plus a bunch of wax melts. Couple for me, mostly for my mum and granny {who both got wax warmers}
    Hit dollarama for basic things and wrapping paper.
    M and I ended up watching "Zootopia" that night. Such a good movie! As an adult I understand the message behind it, and it was so well done that I think kids would be able to understand the basics of it.

Sunday - not a whole lot. Went to Best Buy for MIL's gift - Apple Pencil - then to my mum's because she went to Waterloo for outlet shopping. She got us a couple things :)
    Stopped at my friend's work because she had buzzer on sale for $16 - which I can do my undercut and M's hair whenever. I also picked her and her boss coffee because it was crazy busy, and the likelihood of either being able to go was low.

Not much else. Went through some of the xmas stuff and realized I should have picked up batteries because APPARENTLY some of our lights aren't plug-ables, they're battery powered. Guhh .... might swing by tonight on way home.

Crazy snow last night so the commute was slower than normal. Hour and half to get in, normally it's 30-40 mins
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger thank you! We are going to tell our parents/families at 10-12 weeks, so end of January/beginning of February. 
  • Options
    @sparklepants41  ooh! Valentine's announcement!
  • Options
    @sparklepants41 though it's been awhile, we have a tradition of naming the fetus around here.  Do you have a preference yet?
  • Options

I'm so excited for you @sparklepants41!!!! Congratulations!!!! The timing of all of this is so cool.

Morning! The weekend was so busy. I feel like I blinked and it was over. Oh well, at least it was a good one. I learned how to make fudge and a couple other kinds of candy at my friend's house on Saturday. I think that's something I could get into. Saturday night I went to see another friend's daughter in A Christmas Carol with her. It was a different rendition that I'd never seen. There were 7 people in the play and they changed roles every scene, i.e. each person played Scrooge at some point during the play. It was really good and her daughter (who is 7) did an excellent job.

I started yesterday and I have been a crampy, bloated little ball of emotions. I stayed home all day and let my dog lay on my stomach. She's the perfect heating pad- warmth and pressure :)

In other news, my grandma keeps getting worse. She's still having accidents and is now barely eating more than a couple of bites of food per meal. She's complaining of pain in the middle of her pelvis and into her back. Her doctor scheduled a CAT scan for her on Wednesday. My granddad is calling this morning to see if it can be moved up. I'm hoping and praying that this scan tells us what is going on. She got violent with granddad last night and started hitting him and telling him how mean he is :( Alzheimer's is so cruel.

• Options
    OMG!  CONGRATS @sparklepants41!

Weekend was all right.  Friday, we went out to dinner for the kiddo's bday.  I got the biggest glass of wine and that helped me block out the Trump talk (oh yeah, DH's family on both sides is totally conservative/republican) 

I worked Saturday until midway through the afternoon and then knocked off to go take care of some stuff.  DH took DefConn to his workplace for Breakfast with Santa.  DH's HR lady goes out and gets each kid a toy or two to unwrap at the breakfast (and she confers with the parents/grandparents on what to get the kids).  DH doesn't always love his HR lady (she is a little bitchy when it comes to work stuff), but I think it's awesome that she does that.  DefConn got a truck with a trailer and a CAT bobcat. 

Sidenote on that:  The guy they hired to play Santa died Friday night.  :(  They scrambled to find a Santa suit and one of the supervisors played Santa for the kids.  But how devastating.  His sister called to let them know.  

Sunday, baking day at my sister's house.  I think we have a good variety this year.  My nephew's babbling is so freaking cute.  He just points to stuff and then ::intensely serious gibberish::  :D  

I'm doing "workplace violence" training.  This video is very intense. 

• Options
    Congratulations, Sparkle.
  • Options
    Holy big picture Batman!  I sized it down, but I don't think TK kept it sized down when posting.  It was half the size in my text box!
  • Options

TFB - I loved your post for all your good things this weekend.  I hope they can figure out what's going on with your grandma and she can get better quickly!  Alzheimer's is bad and I hope your grandpa is able to have sometime to himself.  Being a caretaker for an Alzheimer's patient is rough.  Hugs to your family!

Mrsconn - So sad that the Santa died!  I'm glad they were able to find a replacement for the kids last minute.  But that's sad for the family.

• Options
    @thefanciestbeckler  your poor grandma :( hopefully they can make her at least comfortable and ease the pain 
  • Options
    @kimmiinthemitten - I also felt totally calm leading up to/and on the morning of our wedding. 

@thefanciestbeckler - I'm sorry about your grandma. Sending you, grandma, grandpa, and your family hugs and healing vibes. 

@mrsconn23 - that's so sad about Santa! 

@OliveOilsMom - sending you positive health vibes for Betsey. 
  • Options
    @OliveOilsMom  did you name your plant Hector? :')
  • Options
    Congrats sparkle!

Today is a snow day.
    Which is ok...'cuz I'm kinda a wreck.  My mom got to take an ambulance ride to the ER yesterday.  She's fine--at least she mostly is.  She got a few stitches, she got a clear CT scan, she didn't have a concussion.
    But, for the rest of life, they tweaked her meds recently, and she's...off.  Like, put her back in the psych ward off. 

They didn't admit her yesterday, but this is all really really hard.  Again.
    And I'd like for it to be solved w/o her going back in, because I'm not really sure that the environment there helps.  But none of this is easy.
    My sisters are sure trying to help from the other sides of the country but, that's hard too.  and I'm the one who's local. 
    And my dad has incredibly deep levels of denial over all of this.
  • Options
    I'm sorry @GBCK.
  • Options

So exciting, sparklepants, congrats!!!

The Cold household has a fence. An actual real life fence. I told H I was more excited about this fence than I was on our wedding day. I'd love to say that gone are the days of going outside with the dog, but we still have to go out to shove her off the deck or she'll pee on it. Bitch.

I was off Friday for the fence installation and I baked all day. I am currently out of control with the baking. I wanted to make a few things for the neighbors since they hated the previous fence and did not want us to put in a new one as kind of a "hey we don't hate you - please accept these cookies!". I ended up making cinnamon bread, maple scones, molasses cookies and these AWESOME peanut butter oatmeal sandwich cookies that are like do-si-does but better. Yesterday I made a couple more cookies.

Saturday I finished Sopranos and I. AM. PISSED. WHAT. THE. ENTIRE. FUCK. I am probably the last person in the world who didn't know how it ended and I don't know how I'm supposed to just move on in life now. My sister can eat shit for making me watch it.

Today sucks, it's the 5 year anniversary of my cousins' murders. And work continues to give me reasons to be happy to be leaving.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    GBCK said:
    Congrats sparkle!

Today is a snow day.
    Which is ok...'cuz I'm kinda a wreck.  My mom got to take an ambulance ride to the ER yesterday.  She's fine--at least she mostly is.  She got a few stitches, she got a clear CT scan, she didn't have a concussion.
    But, for the rest of life, they tweaked her meds recently, and she's...off.  Like, put her back in the psych ward off. 

They didn't admit her yesterday, but this is all really really hard.  Again.
    And I'd like for it to be solved w/o her going back in, because I'm not really sure that the environment there helps.  But none of this is easy.
    My sisters are sure trying to help from the other sides of the country but, that's hard too.  and I'm the one who's local. 
    And my dad has incredibly deep levels of denial over all of this.

Hugs, GBCK.  That is rough.  I hope everything gets sorted out quickly, and hopefully without her having to be admitted.